Unit requests thread

I noted the same thing, also Anakin not moving his face provides some hilarious scenes. :lol:

hi clanky4,
i loaded anakin.nif with nifscope and it looks like you haven't assign the fingers to their respective bones :)

edit: same thing might be the reason for the face not working properly too :)

Indeed. The bones for the mouth wound up being where the mesh's eyes were. Which would have led to.

Interesting results.

Is there some way to fix it? Also, can't you move the bones in nifskope or blender?

You could but then the kf would move them back. Which you works fine if proportionally position remains between the bones. i.e. rotating the arms/legs. But in most cases its trouble.

You can add dummy bones inbetween the original bones which will not be moved by the kf.

Normally I just make sure that the bones with the mesh well in Blender. Once the model is exported in Nifskope, I add dummy bones to move everything in the right position.

I noted the same thing, also Anakin not moving his face provides some hilarious scenes. :lol:

Anakin not changing his facial expressions is faithful to the movies, I don't understand what needs to be fixed...

:lol:

All joking aside, are you going to try fixing him, clanky4? Or perhaps anyone else?

Heroicfort, I have a question about your French rifleman unit you uploaded recently. I love the way he looks, and put him in my game as a replacement for the Musketeer. However, I noticed something strange. While the unit works while playing the game, he doesn't look right in Civilopedia or in the bottom left corner of the screen where stats are displayed. His gun is laying on the ground. See my screenshot to see what I mean. Not a major issue, but it is something I noticed. Could it be corrected? Otherwise, great looking unit! :goodjob:

Attachments

• musketeer.jpg
    musketeer.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 102
hi thecowwarrior,
thank you for using my unit(s) ( :) ) and most of all thank you for your valuable feedback :) . i re-uploaded the unit with the default riffle which shows properly in civilopedia (screenshot posted :) ). I do hope everything is fixed now but if you spot anything else, please don't forget that you are more than welcome to post anything you want concerning my units in my unit thread (link in sig :) ) and ofcourse the same applies to everyone :D .

hi thecowwarrior,
thank you for using my unit(s) ( :) ) and most of all thank you for your valuable feedback :) . i re-uploaded the unit with the default riffle which shows properly in civilopedia (screenshot posted :) ). I do hope everything is fixed now but if you spot anything else, please don't forget that you are more than welcome to post anything you want concerning my units in my unit thread (link in sig :) ) and ofcourse the same applies to everyone :D .

Shame you had to replace the other rifle, it was quite nice. Thanks for the quick fix, keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Hey guys, I'm trying to add a leaderhead from the database into a mod I'm working on. He is available here. It doesn't come with any KFM animation files, but the comments show that it uses the van der Donck animations. I tried those, and they do not work for me. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Do you have the van der Donck animations anwhere in your mod? And does the kfm-tag in our ArtDefinesLeaderheads.xml refer to the correct path?

If so, did you use a correct backgrund-kfm? If this is missing, the game also do not wort with this leaderhead.

Top Bottom