1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

yeah I noticed that too, I will try that. Thanks!

2. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

As SaibotLieh stated it is most likely an issue with the Bounding Sphere. Its easy enough to fix, especially since a tank doesn't have many bones.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13536828&postcount=219

3. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

Ok this is what I did - I made unit really small, but issue still persists.
    If its a problem with click box - then its HUGE, its affecting units as far as 3 spaces away. Units standing on 4th space seem to click fine.
    At the same time other large units seem to be a able to target even when standing close to this tank. Again once I remove this unit from map - everything starts to click fine.
    BTW the unit in question is this one:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22749

I also found another model that shows similar behavior.
    Its this one:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23110

Any ideas how to fix it?

4. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

yes, simple, yet tedious

5. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

very well, I will try to play with that and see how it goes ;)

Thank You!

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Does anyone know if there is a suitable button specifically for the Spearman graphics from the Charlemagne mod? The mod itself simply uses the vanilla Spearman button which is already used in DoC.

For context, I'm trying to add an early medieval Heavy Spearman unit between Spearman and Pikeman. The Charlemagne Spearman art looks suitable at least for the European art style, but I lack the fitting button.

7. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

hmm I think it did had its own icon, at least I found it.

try these:

light spearman
    <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Worker.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Charlemagne_Atlas.dds,5,1</Button>

heavy spearman
    <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Worker.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Charlemagne_Atlas.dds,6,1</Button>

also for Charlemagne heavy infantry

But I also made my own button some others.
    I could upload my unit buttons collection but this make take some time

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Huh, you're right, thanks for the tip. I wonder why those aren't used in the mod itself ...

9. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

most of BTS mods components are in the main BTS Assets folder, including sounds and art. ;)

10. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

I need help with this gunship.
    It suppose to shoot missiles, and it has sound of shooting missiles but they don't appear.
    I know missiles themselves are working because I have Russian Katuysha using the same missiles and then work fine.

Could some please take a look at it?

Attached Files:

11. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

Add a Emitter_SAM_Rocket node to your tiger.nif I'd suggest copying the one from the SAMInfantry.nif for the sake of scaling.

Your attack animation tiger_md_rangedstrike.kf is attempting to have the effect EFFECT_SAM_ANTI_AIR_MISSLE come from the Emitter_SAM_Rocket node, which does not appear to be in the nif.

12. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

could you tell me where exactly is the node needs to be inserted?

13. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

To the best of my knowledge as long as the an emitter node is a descendant of MD NonAccum it should work. In this case though the emitter should be inserted as a child of the Damage_BodyGeometry node, so that the emitter will move with the gunship.

Enclosed Instruction Book
    Spoiler :

1) open up the SamInfantry.nif and Tiger.nif in nifskope
    2) copy the Emitter_SAM_Rocket node from the SamInfantry.nif

3) paste the Emitter_SAM_Rocket node into the Damage_BodyGeometry node, so that the emitter will move with the gunship

14. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

Thank You very much for your reply Clanky4!

I got it working, i also mess it up a little and inserted it into EFFECT_Gunship_FireRight and EFFECT_Gunship_FireLight, however what I got as result is Gunship firing 6 missiles at once instead of 1, which is AMAZING, and I like it =)

I am now trying to get Russian Katyusha to get same effect of firing 3-4 missiles instead of 1, but can't seem to figure out how to do that.
    Could you please give me a hand?
    Much appreciate it!

Attached Files:

15. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

The reason the gunship fired a 3-4 missiles was because its rangedstrike animation used the EFFECT_SAM_ANTI_AIR_MISSLE multiple times. To get the same effect on the Mobile Sam unit all you would need to do is add additional "text keys" to the end of the kf and copy the desired effect and time into these new text keys.

Enclosed Instruction Book
    Spoiler :

1) Open the rangedstrike file: tiger_md_rangedstrike.kf, scroll down to the last node, in this case node 47
    2) select the last node and change the value of Num Text Keys to 11, since we want to add 3 additional missile effects
    3) double click the green recycling(?) icon

4) scroll through the text keys tree until you find the Text Key which has the value: Effect:Emitter_SAM_Rocket:EFFECT_SAM_ANTI_AIR_MISSLE. Copy the nodes time and value.

5) scroll through the text tree until you find the text keys which have 0.000 time and a blank value, these are the new text keys we added. Replace the three new keys time/value with the time/value of the text key found in step 4

6) you can also give the last missile effect a bit of an offset, so it'll fire 0.04 seconds after the others if you want

16. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

Its working!
    Its absolutely AWESOME and mad chaos and fun! =)

thank you very much! =)

PS. next question if you don't mind =)

I gave missiles to this custom unit too. All works fine, expect one weird thing - when you add this unit via World Builder, or when you have more than 1 of then and select between them, they suddenly perform attack animation.
    What could be causing that?

Thank You!

Attached Files:

17. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

the file you sent only contained the animation file for the attack animation. You need the other animations in the folder too.

18. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

BUMMER! that fixed it =)
    thanks again!

Why more question - why do its missiles fly SIDEWAYS, rather than straight? (the have liek 60 degrees inclination upwards)
    I realize i need to adjust missile rotation somewhere, and i try few things but it doesn't seem to have an effect. How could i rotate the missile?

Thank You!

19. clanky4

clanky4 Emperor

I'm afraid I'm not sure how to fix that issue. I've had similar problems with edited horse archer animations.

20. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Prince

alright, its not a big deal ;)
    perhaps eventually someone will figure this out ;)

Anyway, thank you for all your help!

Why doesn't basic Civ4 SAM Infantry never shoots its rocket launcher?
    I tried everything to get it to shot missile - attacked it with planes, gunship, etc - they always use their UZIs.