Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC

I'm still surprised so no guarantees. There should be problems parsing the civic XML and stuff, no idea why that worked.

Alright. I'll wait until you're not surprised anymore then :)
If things really works out, then it's a great news~

No surprise, after copying VD files to Assets folder, dont overwrite original DoC files with those from VD mod. If you try to launch the mod just after that, it wont work. You should open the folder -- RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\UnitArtStyles&CivInfos --, find there VD_CIV4CivilizationInfos file, open with notepad and replace all words "Subjugation" to "Militia" (because this civic doesnt exist in DoC anymore). After that the mod should work.

P.S. Maybe it will help you Leoreth, to peace VD with current revs. I am sure most of DoC players are awaiting this news.

I'm sure there are further incompatibilities that won't come up directly when opening the mod.

Including a detailed set of merge instructions kind of defeats the purpose of a module, and would be subject to constant change.

I'm having a bit of a problem here:

So I installed this modmod (VD), Blue Marble, and the soundtrack module. Not knowing know if the other two have dedicated threads, I'm posting it here. I unzipped all three into my DoC mod folder, as per the instructions dictated, but I'm getting some problems.

- The soundtrack module works fine, except for the bug below
- I'm not seeing either the blue marble terrain,
- The Varietas Delectat troops,
- Nor the ECS city designs.

Unless I'm seeing things, I could swear that this is the base game's graphics.

Spoiler :

Did I do something wrong? Or is this the way it should be?

Let's start with the easy one: is there a BlueMarble.fpk in your Assets folder?

You don't have any other DoC folders in your mods folder?

I'm having a bit of a problem here:

So I installed this modmod (VD), Blue Marble, and the soundtrack module. Not knowing know if the other two have dedicated threads, I'm posting it here. I unzipped all three into my DoC mod folder, as per the instructions dictated, but I'm getting some problems.

- The soundtrack module works fine, except for the bug below
- I'm not seeing either the blue marble terrain,
- The Varietas Delectat troops,
- Nor the ECS city designs.

Unless I'm seeing things, I could swear that this is the base game's graphics.

Spoiler :

Did I do something wrong? Or is this the way it should be?

:bump:

Yeah ... I'm out of ideas. You're a using the Steam version, right? Does anyone else have a similar experience with that?

Updated the module to 1.12.

:banana::banana:

Thx.
Why workshops don't change? In 1.11 they may see like small factory's in the industrial age.

TT :\ Sry it's all blue marble

In general, yes. You can get problems when changing civilizations that already exist.

Of course, adding a new unit is changing a civilization :wallbash:

Top Bottom