Askia (Zarma) - 23
Augustus Caesar (Latin) - 29
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Dido (Canaanite/Phoenician) - 24
Enrico Dandolo (Venetian) - 28
Gajah Mada (Old Javanese) - 29
Gandhi (Hindi) - (4-3)=1 His reaction to war and defeat is too pathetic and unlike Gandhi in real life. My attempts to avoid violence have failed, an eye for an eye only makes the world blind! :ar15:
Harald Bluetooth (Danish) - 17
Kamehameha (Hawaiian) - (6+1)=7 I'm too in love with Kammy's voice to stop voting for him. :D
Maria I (Portuguese) - 27
Oda Nobunaga (Japanese) - 9
Pedro II (Brazilian Portuguese) - 28
Pocatello (Shoshone language) - 28
Shaka (isiZulu esijulile) - 29
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

Ahmad al-Mansur (Moroccan Arabic) - 20
Ashurbanipal (Akkadian) - 29
Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Gandhi (Hindi) - 1 - 3 = ELIMINATED I prefer Civ VI Gandhi
Kamehameha (Hawaiian) - 7
Shaka (isiZulu esijulile) - 29 + 1 = 30 He sounds like a powerful Zulu warrior that he was
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

Ahmad al-Mansur (Moroccan Arabic) - 20+1=21 - He has a voice of nice and friendly man you always like to see, and yet he sounds angry at you in his hate state.
Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Kamehameha (Hawaiian) - 7-3=4 - He was a warrior who used force to conquer Hawaiian islads, he points at you with spear, and yet he sounds slightly annoyed. And his trade line is even worse than Lizzy's.
Shaka (isiZulu esijulile) - 30
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

Ahmad al-Mansur (Moroccan Arabic) -21
Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Harald Bluetooth (Danish) - (17-3)=14 He sounds like a psychopath (laughing in reaction to war), but not too intimidating. His Danish is pretty much modern. See Harald Hardrada in Civ6 for how to accurate portray a Norse leader speaking Old Norse. Plus I hate his dialogue mentioning Norse gods when he actually converted to Christianity in real life.
Kamehameha (Hawaiian) - 4+1=5 Lizzy's dialogue is more annoying to me because it sounds like 21st century upper-class English woman, and not like Shakespeare's English.
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

@Guandao, both Bluetooth and Hardrada mention Norse gods. But Bluetooth converted to Christianity in 54 years or so - the portrayal in game is likely from before his conversion. Hardrada was, from what I know, Christian for his whole life.

But I'll probably attack him after Kamehameha's death - Danish speakers often complain about his voice, that it doesn't sound fearsome. They say that the guy who provides his voice also voices cartoon characters in TV :D

@Guandao, both Bluetooth and Hardrada mention Norse gods. But Bluetooth converted to Christianity in 54 years or so - the portrayal in game is likely from before his conversion. Hardrada was, from what I know, Christian for his whole life.

But I'll probably attack him after Kamehameha's death - Danish speakers often complain about his voice, that it doesn't sound fearsome. They say that the guy who provides his voice also voices cartoon characters in TV :D

Interesting about him voicing cartoon characters...Do the Danish speakers know his name? I'm curious about that since the voice actor for Bluetooth was never officially credited by Firaxis.

Interesting about him voicing cartoon characters...Do the Danish speakers know his name? I'm curious about that since the voice actor for Bluetooth was never officially credited by Firaxis.
Sadly, I tried to search, but didn't found anyone mentioning his name.

Sadly, I tried to search, but didn't found anyone mentioning his name.
It's very unfortunate that DLC leaders' voice actors are never properly credited.

It's very unfortunate that DLC leaders' voice actors are never properly credited.

Yeah, if I was one of them and knew that Firaxis never credited me, I would be upset.

Yeah, if I was one of them and knew that Firaxis never credited me, I would be upset.
I would also be upset if I were in the same position as a voice actor for a DLC civ leader for all the right reasons.

Apparently, Firaxis doesn't care about the voice actors of DLC civ leaders who put so much effort in voicing the leaders, just as much or even more than those in the base game or in the expansions. Voice actors of DLC civ leaders need to be credited properly.

I would also be upset if I were in the same position as a voice actor for a DLC civ leader for all the right reasons.

Apparently, Firaxis doesn't care about the voice actors of DLC civ leaders who put so much effort in voicing the leaders, just as much or even more than those in the base game or in the expansions. Voice actors of DLC civ leaders need to be credited properly.

So far, the Civ6 DLC voice actors have been credited.

Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Enrico Dandolo (Venetian) - 28+1=29 - I still find impressive that a man who could speak Venetian* was hired. Dandolo's voice actor did a good job. He sounds like an old, skilled leader. He also sounds like an greedy man. He has both good peace and hate state voice and sounds broken when defeated. This voice is good enough for the leader of Serenissima.
Harald Bluetooth (Danish) - 14
Kamehameha (Hawaiian) - 5-3=2 - It's pointless to make him suffer any longer. Let's finish him once for all. He has nice friendly voice, nice war lines, but his hate state voice could be much better.
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

*The situation with Venetian is complicated. Some sources define Venetian as a dialect of Italian, some sources define it as an independent language. I decided for using the language variant.

Last edited:
Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Enrico Dandolo (Venetian) - 29
Kamehameha (Hawaiian) - (2-3)=0 Kammy has gone to Kanaloa! :cry:
Oda Nobunaga (Japanese) - (9+1)=10 A poster kept downvoting him because he sounded "sad" in his attacked line. I think his hate voice is pretty decent and believable, showing a sense of feeling betrayed or backstabbed. The Japanese is probably not completely accurate to Oda's time period, but I profess I'm not a Japanese language expert. :p
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

I would guess that Enrico Dandolo's voice actor lives in Italy. Civ6 Trajan's voice actor is also based in Italy. Firaxis has really gone global with their voice actor search. :D

Kamehameha ends 19th!

I think it's possible that he lives in Italy - his name is Antonio Gasparini.

Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Oda Nobunaga (Japanese) - 10-3= 7 - The language is more or less mostly correct, but sounding like that does not fit the words used. Especially the first part (nasakenai orokamono me) which is a direct insult and should have angry/aggressive/hostile tone instead of the almost-crying tone. And there is the issue of using too much polite forms (any sentence ending with -masu or -masuru), especially his war declaration, and again the tone just don't fit in. And this is Oda Nobunaga we're talking about.
Pocatello (Shoshone language) - 28+1=29 - calm but intimidating voice
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - 21
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Harald Bluetooth (Danish) - 14-3=11 - According the Danish speakers, his voice is not fearsome. It's true that his voice could be rougher. Also, he should be speaking Old Norse, not Danish.
Oda Nobunaga (Japanese) - 7
Pedro II (Brazilian Portuguese) - 28+1=29 - It's always interresting to meet Pedro. I can feel that he's tired by his work. That he's old. I can feel that he's not very pleased by your presence, because you interrupted him in his work. But I still know that I'm standing in front of old, respectable, but still great man who made great things for his country, and yet he didn't have a very happy life. This feeling is even strengthened by the evening leaderscreen and his quite slow and sad music. As I said several times, I hope that Civ VII will return to Civ V type of leaderscreens and that this version of Pedro will return. It's incomparably better than his Civ VI unlikable variant with too dark hair, oversized moustache and giant red nose. And of course, I also hope for his old voice to return.
Pocatello (Shoshone language) - 29
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

Askia (Zarma) - 23
Bismarck (German) - 25
Boudicca (Welsh) - (21+1)=22 Her VA can do a fierce warrior queen voice.
Darius I (Aramaic) - 19
Harald Bluetooth (Danish) - (11-3)=8 Speaking in basically modern Danish, and sounds like a guy to drink beer with, not a fearsome Viking.
Oda Nobunaga (Japanese) - 7
Pedro II (Brazilian Portuguese) -29
Pocatello (Shoshone language) - 29
Theodora (Greek) - 26
William (Dutch) - 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom