1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vox Populi Wonders Expanded

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Infixo, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Would you like to play with more Wonders in Vox Populi?

1. Yes, but make all Wonders more unique and not easily obtainable

73 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Yes, catch them all, the more the better

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. No, Vox Populi has enough Wonders already

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Now order has the “all 3 are the same country” problem. Science victory has to be Sputnik, no way around it. The others, though, at least 1 has to be something that ain’t Russian.

I still don’t really get why a bridge in southern France built in 2001 is picked as an autocracy wonder. I think the EUR is a much better candidate.

2. Infixo

Infixo Deity

a) They practically invented Order...
    b) Millau has a cool bonus, very fitting. Wherever possible, I want to stick to original abilities of the Wonder.

3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Posted Version 0.2, playable, with 27 Wonders in total. Should be enough for the time being. Needs some balancing probably.
    Oh, if you don't like particular Wonder, you can disable it in VPWE_Auto.sql (instruction is inside).

IcyAngel likes this.
  5. Gaspare

Gaspare Chieftain

First of all, thanks for the mod, more wonders are always a good thing :D. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but I can build Shwedagon Paya even though I don't have access to gold and in the tooltip it tells me I don't have a gold resource.

edit: nvm requirement is gold silver or diamonds, I have silver, so it's not a bug :mischief:. It should not show the red line with "missing gold resource" at the beginning of tooltip though, if I satisfy the requirement, imho...

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Yeah, I noticed that too. This is how tooltip for a building works, nothing to do with the mod. It goes through resources required just like in Database, if you don't have it - it goes RED. If you have it - it isn't displayed at all, and the checking stops (so, others not displayed). It's confusing because it goes red even if you have a resource, but it is not the 1st defined in the table. I would do it differently - display all, missing with RED and those you have with GREEN.

7. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

"You can disable Wonders via options in sql file." From v0.2

I know someone who could learn from you...;)

8. Jarula

Jarula King

What about 3 gorges dam for order?

9. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Some Wonders are used in other VP modmods, I didn’t want to create additional compatibility issues if someone was to use both of them. I think 3 Gorges is used in World Congress Reformation. Few other are used by 3uc/4uc project. But it would be a great Order wonder, I agree.

10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Seems weak that only 1 unit gets that xp for all the effort, but it would be quite interesting to give all units like 3-5 xp for any wonder conquered.
    From coding perspective a condition like ‚accumulate X xp’ is quite easy to do, but I can’t imagine what a reasonable level would be. 1000 xp? Also, that would clearly favor big armies. Maybe conditions like ‚average xp per unit’ or ‚average unit level’ would be better?
    I would remove unit placement req, as AI wont be able to do so.

11. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

That's the all idea "Warmonger WW"
    Giving the opportunity to Zulu or Mongol to get WW. I often see them doing good job making war everywhere and never build an only WW. Being very late on tech means no chance at all.

Now the very all idea is to find many new and original conditions as possible to clearly reserve some WW to a few number of opponents. Independently of Science/Prod/Culture performance.
    I have tons of good (maybe) idea but ultimately all the point is feasibility and coding perspective. That is your job and you do it well. Mery christmas to you.

12. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

I see now i posted a thread unnecessarily when there was one about the mod itself.. But I could really use some help Getting the mod to work in multiplayer. I have everything updated and the DLC in the right folder, and I'm pretty positive it only loads map scripts correctly when you toss them in on of the DLC folders anyways.. I guess I just don't understand the process of combining the two. Thanks for your patience with all these questions you must endure :D

13. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Jakethedane I'm not sure I can help you. I don't use multiplayer and don't know how to activate mods in MP. Wonders Expanded has only SQL scripts to update DB, some art files and few Lua scripts to provide some unique capabilities.

14. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

Hmm.. well it’s just very curious to me that it would show up in the regular Mods menu, along with the dependencies of course.. but anytime a program outside of Civ looks for it- it’s undetectable, so JDH doesn’t Work.. is there any way possible to combine your your mod into Vox so it just loads up with it as part of the game assets. Thanks

15. Infixo

Infixo Deity

16. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

Yeah JDH is a mod loader that enables their play in multiplayer, would definitely recommend it if you ever want to use lots of mods with friends.
    But I can run any other mod otherwise.. and your mod works fine when loaded through the mods menu in civ. Just really strange that only civ recognizes it, and therefore I can’t use it any other way that I’ve found. I’ve even gone so far as to use the Vox Populi modpack made for multiplayer which loads vox along with its assets at the beginning (I find this is much better even for single player), at which point you can erase the dependencies for this mod and load it by itself. But still don’t have an idea about why mod loaders can’t see it
    (JDH and other loaders find the civ mods folder and just pull from it.)

17. Infixo

Infixo Deity

18. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

Ok thanks, I looked deeper into the situation and found that the problem lies in the sql files. The loader doesn’t support them for some reason.. so the only alternative is packing them into DLC. So I just have to figure out how to pack your mod into the Vox dlc, or it’s own..

19. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Weird. Sql files are like in many mods. Vox uses Sql files, too.

20. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

Yeah the game definitely doesnt have any issue loading the sql files, but for some reason after the main game assets are loaded up.. Mod loaders that apply them after the fact cant use the sql files :/