VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

Hello everyone
I play with a friend on multiplayer, we have exactly the same game(lates version),
we play :
"Mods_VP_2019-02-17_Magnus-Mutatio:
Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events

• Everything in the "Improved Interface" above
  • (7) Community Events (v 4)
  • (9) Wonders Expanded (v 2)
  • Unique City-States (v 5)
  • More Unique Components for VP (v 43)
  • Civic and Reform (v 10)"

But every 5-10 turnes we have problems - crush or RELOADED game map(it's like dissynchronization).
what are we doing wrong?
is everybody here can help?

P.s is it possible to somehow use my save(around 150 turns) in another DLC (like basic community patch only )

sorry for my english i hope you understand the problem and can help me

Hi @Lyk37858. Thank you for trying my modpack. I've just created a new version with the latest beta, which include few fixes for multiplayer, so hopefully less instability. Not savegame compatible unfortunately. (but you can still access the old version in under the "older versions" spoiler)

Crash and desynchronisations are something some peoples report as having every 5 turns, while others have it every 100 turns, and there does not seems to have any logic ("no barbarians" help some peoples, but others have no problems even with barbarians)

For my modpacks, save from "no-EUI", "EUI" and "Improved Interface" should be savegame compatible with each others (though not 100% sure).
The modpakc "no-EUI" and "EUI" should even be compatible on the same multiplayer game on different players (though not 100% sure).

The modpacks "CP" and "Magnus Mutatio" are not savegame compatible with the others at all. So the answer to your PS is "no".

@Moi Magnus Your modpack is great. Playing with him is a pure pleasure.

There are new versions of Civics and Reforms and Bare Necessities. Is it enough to delete old versions from modpack and upload new ones? Are there bigger dependencies and better not to do it?

I apologize for my English (translator google)

@Moi Magnus Your modpack is great. Playing with him is a pure pleasure.

There are new versions of Civics and Reforms and Bare Necessities. Is it enough to delete old versions from modpack and upload new ones? Are there bigger dependencies and better not to do it?

I apologize for my English (translator google)
No, not enough.
When creating a modpack, most "usefull info" from the mods are copied and combined into the "override" folder of the modpack, so you can't just change the mod folder.

In order to "update" a modapck, you have to take all the mods in my modpack, and copy-cat them into your MODS folder, then change the mods you want to change, and then recreate a modpack from them following this proceedure: https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack
I may have the time to update my modpack today, but I don't garanty it.

And thank you for playing :)

Is there a reason Wonders Expanded is not in the beta? I do appreciate the addition of Bare Necessities, but I do want to know why it is not there when it was been for this long.

Thank you for your response.
I prefer not to change anything, I will wait until you update the modpack. :)

No, not enough.
When creating a modpack, most "usefull info" from the mods are copied and combined into the "override" folder of the modpack, so you can't just change the mod folder.

In order to "update" a modapck, you have to take all the mods in my modpack, and copy-cat them into your MODS folder, then change the mods you want to change, and then recreate a modpack from them following this proceedure: https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack
I may have the time to update my modpack today, but I don't garanty it.

And thank you for playing :)
tfw no framedarchitecture's National Wonders.

Is there a reason Wonders Expanded is not in the beta? I do appreciate the addition of Bare Necessities, but I do want to know why it is not there when it was been for this long.

Some wonders are becoming obsolete (I was already using a manually changed version of Wonders Expanded in my previous modpacks as advised in its thread, and with the happiness changes I'm not sure everything is still balanced).
But I've just added few wonders since Enginseer worked recently on the compatibility of "National Wonder Collection" and "Neolighic Wonders."

Thank you for your response.
I prefer not to change anything, I will wait until you update the modpack. :)
Done !

tfw no framedarchitecture's National Wonders.
Done !

This is an amazing modpack! Bravo :thumbsup:!

However, I do have one question: Why does the modpack only include the basic version of Calypso's Colored Religious Icons and not the two extended editions that add new religions for several of the Civilizations that were missing them, such as the Aztecs? Calypso's new religious icons are amazing and I think that the extended versions of the mod would be a nice addition to this modpack (assuming, of course, that there are no issues that I am unaware of).

Hey Moi Magnus,hey all.
Firstly thanks for the great mod pack, really fun to play with.
I was trying several times to play with a mate and have the exactly same issue as Lyk37858 - our game crashes, either of one of us (not even always the same person) or on all players.
It seems to be more stable, if hosted on better machines but hosting on a very good pc alone doenst do the trick.
I dont feel like it depends on the number of turns but its rather completely random.
Sometimes we face this issue in the normal game too, without any mods.
Therefore i believe it is an issue of the game itself but the mods somehow make it worse.
Eventually its the changes in the number of units of city states and barbarians, as we face this issue in non modded game usually only in later games (lategame when everybody has many units..).
I believe it is an issue about the raw number of units and calculations. But thats just an assumption.
Hopefully someone in the community is able and has the time to fix this issue somewhen.
Sadly the game is not really playable in multiplayer for us in the state it is now.
Best regards from Switzerland. :)

Moi_Magnus I noticed in your last update there are less wonders, will you be adding more again later? I really miss them, since the Ai usually beats me at most I want, when there was more I had more of a chance to build some.

Thank you, (love your mod still!).

Going to update the mod for the recent stable version senpai? (May 19)
I usually wait few days for hotfixes (as there is rarely a version without 2 hotfixes, we already got one yesterday), and to let some time for modmods to updates.
I won't make a version today. I will make a version before this week-end.

Thank you. Thoughts on Enhanced Naval Warfare? I haven't tried it, but thought I'd bring it to your attention.
New update!

I've added ENW in Magnus Mutatio. I've created Magnus Mutatio ++ which has some additional mods (mostly new civs, and the additional wonders from previous versions of Magnus Mutatio)

I'm really honoured that you would include the custom civ adaptations in your modpack. Thanks for the exposure!

Spent the weekend playing Magnus_Mutatio++. Got to 2001CE on a huge map, standard speed, planet simulator, warlord difficulty. Not finished, but the world just sanctioned my corporate empire, so my game is effectively over.

Excellent experience. While I presume it's not as finely tuned as VP only, the game felt balanced in addition to being fun. No runaway civs.

My only concern is mod bloat. But the solution you've provided--multiple versions of your mod, offering either a more lean or more robust mod package--is the perfect way to do it. Thank you for your hard work, and I look forward to future updates.

Greetings. First off I just want to say your modpack is quite possibly one of the best ones out there. I love it to death, but I have a quick question. It works fine for SP, but I am planning on hosting a MP game and I want to know if Magnus_Mutatio++ works for MP or not. The reason I ask is because there are so many mods in it. Is it safe to use for MP or is it a no go zone?

Top Bottom