VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

Frequent CTD's with latest version playing multiplayer. Anyone have version numbers for a stable version of both VP and MM++ for multiplayer?

I'm creating my own modpack which includes enlightenment era. However, as the picture shows, it renders picture error

Plus, on the right top panel, I have basic panels but no quick turn panel, civic&reform , wonder planner, etc panel which i included in the modpack

MM++ versions October 8th and July 17th work fine as long as you don't build Slater Mill in any of your cities. If you captured the Slater Mill from another civ, just use a governor to automatically choose production for you. Constant texture error popups when researching Steam Power is the only major problem I have with the versions I play.

Despite the hiccups, this modpack is my favorite way to play Civ 5!

Hi,

I'm reporting a bug that's easy to fix.

Some folder/file names are too long for the Windows system.
It is therefore impossible to copy some files in the steam directory, which is already long.

The problem occurs on JFD mods, such as Franklin Roosevelt.
I corrected the error by renaming the folder of this mod, I hope I didn't make a handling mistake.
The names of the files inside the directory are too long too, but I preferred not to touch them, because I don't know the consequences.

FOLDER:
JFD's Civilizations - USA (Roosevelt) for Vox Populi (v 6)
INSTEAD OF
JFD's Civilizations - United States of America (Roosevelt) for Vox Populi (v 6)

Last edited:
Hello all. 3rd and 4th unique components for VP is not generation resources with their unique buildings and improvements. Such as Shoshone buffalo pounds for bison, Egyptian nilometer for flax, and Roman latifundium for figs. Pineappedan, creator of that mod says he is stumped and says I need to ask Moi Magnus for help. Where is he and can anyone help with this problem? We play with a modpack and we made it run successfully before, but now its not working properly and we don't know how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. There's no lua log issues. We only use the latest version of VP with unique components and purely UI mods along with the tectonic mapscript (problem occurred before we used the map mod).

I'm creating my own modpack which includes enlightenment era. However, as the picture shows, it renders picture error

Plus, on the right top panel, I have basic panels but no quick turn panel, civic&reform , wonder planner, etc panel which i included in the modpack
How do you even go about making a modpack with VP? Every time I try even with just the main VP mods, it glitches out once I start the game with a bunch of panels that I cannot exit or the ability to exit the game without using alt F4. I simply want a modpack with EE, 3rd & 4th UC, unique city states, and the rest of VP, but I can't even begin that.

Hi Magnus. Love your modpack, the best hot seats of my life!
I realize this is pretty much the wrong section to ask, but since you made the modpack, maybe you can guide me to the right file. I have noticed that the submarines are very weak now with your mod pack (magnus ++) and would like to change it. They used to be a very effective counter to large fleets. I like that the submarine was made more fragile if it gets spotted, but its ranged damage is really underwhelming now. This applies to all 3 classes of submarines. Any idea which file I need to find and edit? I've been scouring the list but can't seem to find it. Vanilla won't do obviously. The only unit I've managed to edit is the attack submarine, which has a dedicated file in the naval mod balance.

Also:
Plans to do a ++ once the bugs in newest VP version get ironed out?

Same here, here's hoping :D

I downloaded the MPP++ modpack. Both the latest and the one from October. I can start a game just fine, but the game force closes by the time my turn is over. Any suggestions what I should check?

I reinstalled the game and deleted all Civ folders. no luck.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same thing, @woodlandalliance

Edit: The Magnus Mutatio (non ++ version) works, but then I run into the afformentioned unresolvable 'City Event' about 50 turns in, where you can't end the turn or complete the event.

Last edited:
having a problem where I can't select or move units, and the left upper side of the panel (where all the trackers such as happy faces, culture tracker etc are) is blank. I followed all of the steps in the installer in removing the UI_bc1 folder and everything else. Any recommendations?

Hello, I've been fiddling with the most recent official VP/community patch update (version 5.6.19, released June 19th) and would like to play it multiplayer. To start, I was wondering if the creator of the multiplayer-compatible modpacks (seemingly the OP), is maintaining this resource, as the last beta modpack made was from February 9th. Next, I was wondering how to properly make a multiplayer-compatible modpack (using version 5.6.19). I've tried using the MPMPM mod and I'm not certain exactly what mods are breaking the compatibility. When deciding what mods go in the /Users MODS folder, I chose mod 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a (EUI-enabled), 6c, 7a, 7b and the Improved City View (EUI required) mod. In-game, it says that 7B is not compatible with multiplayer. Is this accurate? The release (July 17) modpack in the OP uses the promotion trees mod too and that is certainly compatible with multiplayer, I verified it myself. Overall, I'm confused as to what VP mods break multiplayer, I broke my game (so after I attempted to fix my modpack and replace it in the Users MODS folder, the "normal" Corporations blank UI popup doesn't appear and so I've just uninstalled all the mods, including MPMPM for now and vanilla Civ V works) and I can't find fantastic documentation on how to make this work. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Hello, I've been fiddling with the most recent official VP/community patch update (version 5.6.19, released June 19th) and would like to play it multiplayer. To start, I was wondering if the creator of the multiplayer-compatible modpacks (seemingly the OP), is maintaining this resource, as the last beta modpack made was from February 9th. Next, I was wondering how to properly make a multiplayer-compatible modpack (using version 5.6.19). I've tried using the MPMPM mod and I'm not certain exactly what mods are breaking the compatibility. When deciding what mods go in the /Users MODS folder, I chose mod 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6a (EUI-enabled), 6c, 7a, 7b and the Improved City View (EUI required) mod. In-game, it says that 7B is not compatible with multiplayer. Is this accurate? The release (July 17) modpack in the OP uses the promotion trees mod too and that is certainly compatible with multiplayer, I verified it myself. Overall, I'm confused as to what VP mods break multiplayer, I broke my game (so after I attempted to fix my modpack and replace it in the Users MODS folder, the "normal" Corporations blank UI popup doesn't appear and so I've just uninstalled all the mods, including MPMPM for now and vanilla Civ V works) and I can't find fantastic documentation on how to make this work. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6241

has the fix you want

also heres a simple modpack

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...lity-crash-fixes-dedicated-server-fix.663567/

Last edited:
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6241

has the fix you want

also heres a simple modpack

10-7-2 (hotfix2) VP
EUI
and Improved City view

also has the fix to fix the missing info tabs - https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6241

ENJOY!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kM1Ky9OeH8pxLN2AQIrp1YJKorz7FMw3/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the google drive link. Much appreciated. Your version seems to work better in MP than the Mutatio versions. Disclaimer: I have only played 100 turns so far, with no events enabled and 2 human players over internet connection (and with 6 AI players and city states and barbarians) but there have been no sync saves (or anything that has crashed the game).

Top Bottom