VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

Hey Magnus,

Thanks for keeping up to date with this and making it super easy to get the modpacks. My question for you is if I started a 2 player coop MP game with 10-23-19 VP_EUI and switched to 10-23 - Improved Interface modpack for both of us, would that cause any significant issues with our current save (turn 85)?

Since its Interface mods, I'm thinking it would be okay. Maybe Diplomacy Extended (v 1) may cause issues?

EDIT: Appears to be working fine, went from turn 85 to 120 no issues.

Last edited:
I've tried many different versions of this mod, but I have frequent crashes in multiplayer (single player is very stable). Right now I'm trying the latest one, and as I type it crashes again. We both did a clean install today and only added this mod to make sure there is nothing else disturbing. Is there anything I can try to reduce the crashes?

I'm currently enjoying the October 8th Magnus Mutatio version online with no crashes! not the ++ version!

ok edit ---
game crashing later in turns
now using july version with improved interface only
no crashes so far

Last edited:
I'm trying the Mutatio++ 7-17 and I encounter several errors. The first error shows up right when you attempt to select a Civ. You can OK past this error and play as normal. However, once you research SteamPower this error will flood your game and make it unplayable.

Prior to playing the game I also noticed that the Roosevelts America was missing several textures from the civ selection screen.

I attempted to use the beta versions as well as performing clean installs of both the game AND the mod. Error persists.
Sadly, I will have to conclude that Mutatio++ is broken and unplayable.

Sorry for everybody waiting for a new version, I won't be able to build a modpack before 2020.

Just so all are aware, Diplomacy Extended is currently incompatible with Vox Populi. It breaks several things in the dialogue screen; the game will technically run, but there's a laundry list of diplomatic options that will never be available.

Last edited:
Hey hey, any plans for this to get updated? I love your modpacks and keep refreshing daily to see if there is a new version. Figured i would just ask instead :)

I second that, really appreciate work you've done on this modpack and sincerely hope it will return.

I'm usually waiting for eventual hotfixes from G, and for updates of the mods I use. I might update it tomorrow, but I'm not completely sure.

Just replacing the files do not work. However, something you can do is that instead of using the modpack, you to go into the modpack's folder, take all the mods in the "Mods" subfolder of the modpack, put them in your Civ5 MODS folder. You will no be able to manually enable those mods through the MODS menu. And if you use VP installer to have the 10-23 version, then you will be able to play with all the mods of my modpack together with the latest version of VP.
Can you elaborate? My understaning is:
1. take all the mods in the "Mods" subfolder of YOUR mod, put them in my Civ5 MODS folder.
2. I don't need to manually enable those mods through the MODS menu
3. I install the latest vanilla VP mod.
4. I enable VP in MODS menu.

Is that right? What about the other folders in YOUR mod? They still stay at my DLC folders?

Tried multiplayer with the latest version (July 17) Magnus_Mutatio.

At turn 193 we no longer can move units and build and stuff like that. We started to have dysincs at around 150 and they became more frequent closer to 193.

Have anyone managed to play a full multiplayer game?

I'm coming back. In my TODO list:
1) Update the modpacks -> Within the next few hours EDIT: DONE
2) Read the messages and answer them
3) Actually play the game again in solo
4) (Unlikely) Actually find the time to replay in multiplayer

Last edited:
Hey hey thanks for the update! Tried the Magnus Mutatio Version you just uploaded, but i keep running into a issue after about 50 or 60 turns in where i get the pop up that there is an event that then never fires, neither am i able to end my turn, since the pending event button does not go away.

This is not a issue with this modpack. After last update of Vox Populi creating modpacks leads to those issues.

Aah ok fair enough, guess im gonna pass on playing with modpacks for a while then!

I'm getting hit with the events bug even after enabling "No good/bad/neutral events", an event still comes up around turn 75. Will Magnus Mutatio work with the events system disabled in order to get around this bug? Or is there another way to disable events without disabling the event system to make the game playable with a modpack?

EDIT: Alright the improved interface version works great with the event system disabled! Excellent!

Last edited:
It's playable with modpack for me with event system enabled but all event types disabled (good/bad/neutral/trade/civ specific). The only problem is that the top right panel is missing some icons, but it has already been posted on Github.

Top Bottom