Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

when will be (hopefully) the next update for - "Civilization VI Rise and Fall" ?
nothing is the same without moar & warfare :/

when will be (hopefully) the next update for - "Civilization VI Rise and Fall" ?
nothing is the same without moar & warfare :/
I still have to purchase R&F and as soon as I get that I will start on the R&F version.

I have had a bit of debate on Steam as to weather the R&F version should remain compatible with MOAR or be modified to be compatible with Delivertors's new Steal & Thunder mod (which is MOAR core with a few changes and some new units). What are your thoughts on the matter?

Quick question, concerning marine units. Since they require the harbor to build (which I think is cool), do they still gain their experience bonuses from the encampment districts or from the harbors now? I haven't checked myself as I usually just build both districts just to be safe lol
I think they still get there bonus from the Encampment afaik. I am pretty sure that all the Harbor is is just a requirement to build it.

I have had a bit of debate on Steam as to weather the R&F version should remain compatible with MOAR or be modified to be compatible with Delivertors's new Steal & Thunder mod (which is MOAR core with a few changes and some new units). What are your thoughts on the matter?
I think it really comes down to how much you feel like keeping it compatible. I know many people are still using MOAR, but I tend to agree with Deliverator in that keeping it up-to-date has become unsustainable. And since there won't be additional flavor units for any of the new civs, I think it will just make things unbalanced when one civ has one UU and another has three or four. I do wonder, though, if you would get any Era Score from building multiple UU or if the game doesn't count modded UU's?

In any event, with all the additions to WE and my own mod plus the imbalancing factor I stopped using MOAR and now only use MOAR Core (Now S&T). It's much easier to handle modding and keeping everything compatible.

I think it really comes down to how much you feel like keeping it compatible. I know many people are still using MOAR, but I tend to agree with Deliverator in that keeping it up-to-date has become unsustainable. And since there won't be additional flavor units for any of the new civs, I think it will just make things unbalanced when one civ has one UU and another has three or four. I do wonder, though, if you would get any Era Score from building multiple UU or if the game doesn't count modded UU's?

In any event, with all the additions to WE and my own mod plus the imbalancing factor I stopped using MOAR and now only use MOAR Core (Now S&T). It's much easier to handle modding and keeping everything compatible.
That is a good point about the UU era score I never even thought of how that unbalance's things. Even in the base game it has become unbalanced so its a good thing this mod is now compatible with MOAR Core.

On another note I think I have found a band-aid for the Marine amphibious no bonus. I finally got me a copy of R&F and did some tests and found amphibious promo is still broken so I doubt that it will ever be fixed. But I did try the Digger coast bonus and I can use that to negate the amphibious penalty. Not perfect as it will still work on land (coast) assault as well but it is he only thing that will work that I can see. Another thing I noticed its that the embarked units have their own strength and it is not the units strength that it used.

Last edited:
I still have to purchase R&F and as soon as I get that I will start on the R&F version.

I have had a bit of debate on Steam as to weather the R&F version should remain compatible with MOAR or be modified to be compatible with Delivertors's new Steal & Thunder mod (which is MOAR core with a few changes and some new units). What are your thoughts on matter

I did chacked moar (stand alone) and it doesn't work either.. and surely warfare is not working..

It seems thay made alot of changes all over the game.. more chalenging and alot more options to discover

Last edited:
I did chacked moar (stand alone) and it doesn't work either.. and surely warfare is not working..
It seems thay made alot of changes all over the game.. more chalenging and alot more options to discover
Oh sorry I was talking about WE in the base game works with Core now. But you are right none of them works with R&F yet. Hopefully over the next few days I can get some time to work on it.

I like the S&T cuirassier, which is now a real melee unit. This is maybe worth to consider using. I like MOAR units and don't care that much about the lack of balance, the AI can't use it armies properly anyway. It is always good to have as much diversity as possible. Is it a lot of work to make two versions of WE? One working with MOAR and one with S&T?

I like the S&T cuirassier, which is now a real melee unit. This is maybe worth to consider using. I like MOAR units and don't care that much about the lack of balance, the AI can't use it armies properly anyway. It is always good to have as much diversity as possible. Is it a lot of work to make two versions of WE? One working with MOAR and one with S&T?
Yes it is true the AI is really bad with armies. I will leave the base game version compatible with MOAR and make an R&F version compatible with S&T. I don't really have the time to do more than that. So this is basically it for this version of the mod except for a few bug fixes.

Yes it is true the AI is really bad with armies. I will leave the base game version compatible with MOAR and make an R&F version compatible with S&T. I don't really have the time to do more than that. So this is basically it for this version of the mod except for a few bug fixes.

I am thinking now... - Maybe you could salvage a few units from Moar and use them as skins in WE. For example, the Panzer could replace the skin of the German tanks, T34 of the Russian. Equally, the French gendarme could replace the knights for some culture groups. English roundhead could replace the Reiter for England....etc...
This will add to diversity and the skins are ready anyway. I guess Deliverator won't hae anything against?

I am thinking now... - Maybe you could salvage a few units from Moar and use them as skins in WE. For example, the Panzer could replace the skin of the German tanks, T34 of the Russian. Equally, the French gendarme could replace the knights for some culture groups. English roundhead could replace the Reiter for England....etc...
This will add to diversity and the skins are ready anyway. I guess Deliverator won't hae anything against?
Yeah that's a good idea. There are quite a few units that I can use for cultural diversity.

Is this compatible with R&F?
Please Note this does not add compatibility with Rise & Fall. Hopefully I will have a R&F version out on the weekend.
Because R&F has Pike & Shot as well as UAV I will need to make a separate version or drop these units from the base game.
How did you go with RED for WE have you had a chance to look at it again?

Because R&F has Pike & Shot as well as UAV I will need to make a separate version or drop these units from the base game.

Yup. I'll publish it tomorrow. I'm currently playing R&F so I wasnt able to play with MOAR.

But the UAV in RnF is an upgrade to the observation balloon, a different class than the one in WE. You can just rename the WE on to "attack drone" or something of the sort...
And about the pike and shot...maybe just drop the WE one and use the RnF one. They made a fully new-looking unit.
As I said...a bit of eye candy is always good :)

Top Bottom