Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

OK I spent quite a but of time last night dissecting MOAR, S&T and R&F and this is the conclusion I have come to.
MOAR is working fine with R&F and looks like it will be a lot easier to keep WE compatible with MOAR than modify it for S&T.
From the point of view of adding new units to Civ 6, MOAR and S&T are basically the same and the only unit that S&T has that MOAR with WE does not have is the Mortar.

So I have decided I am going to leave WE compatible with MOAR and remove the WE Pike & Shot and the UAV units as well as fix the other upgrade path issues. This way it will be compatible with R&F as well as the base game and will take a lot less time than converting it to S&T. I will also make an add-on so people who do not own R&F can still have these units.

And NO I will not be making a separate S&T version.

Last edited:
Wolfdog updated Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) with a new update entry:

Rise and Fall

Warfare Expanded is now Rise and Fall compatible.
To do so I have had to remove the old Warfare Expanded Pike & Shot and UAV units.
Changed Field Cannon and Hwacha to upgrade to Field Gun.
Moved Machine Gun back to Modern Era.
Moved Modern Sniper to Composites.
Added Military Tactics as a prereq tech for Education.
Added Mass Production as a prereq tech for Astronomy.
Moved Naval Infantry to Ballistics.
Moved Marine to Chemistry.
Moved Modern Marine to Satellites and increased combat to 82....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job !!!
Now you can think about maby create peratroopers and SF for information area..
The game will be extream with warfare!!!

yes indeed! works fine here- you can see at the updates log what all about :
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/moar-units-mod.25391/updates/

if it will not work for you try what I tried that someone above me told me to do with the last update of moar :
try using this fix: https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...ng-to-main-menu-with-r-f-and-some-mods.26701/

yes indeed! works fine here- you can see at the updates log what all about :
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/moar-units-mod.25391/updates/

if it will not work for you try what I tried that someone above me told me to do with the last update of moar :
try using this fix: https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...ng-to-main-menu-with-r-f-and-some-mods.26701/

Thank you! It worked here after your instructions. Congratulations again to those involved in this project.

Great job !!!
Now you can think about maby create peratroopers and SF for information area..
The game will be extream with warfare!!!
Yes, I think I may re-purpose the Sniper and Modern Sniper as Paratroopers. With the new SpecOps unit I don't think there is a need for snipers any more as they are very similar stats wise except for the parachute ability.

@Kevin Rennyer I am glad you got it working. Thanks Golan V for the the fix.

EDIT: So, I have experimented with adding the paradrop ability to a unit and it more teleported rather than parachuted. Looks like that there are animations linked to the paradrop ability but without access to the Rise and Fall asset files there is no way of knowing what the animation is called or where it is applied. :cringe:

Last edited:
So ther is a need for search from wher it is linked? I saw it is in another expansion file
The asset must be all ther with the unit info

Any luck in finding out whether the bomber's 'bombard improvement/district' function is hard coded? Would be good to have heavy ships and sige bombard improvements to wind down the enemy with attrition without taking cities. It will ad flavour to war making

What is the difference between R.E.D Warfare Expanded versus the Warfare Expanded. Can anyone explain.

Any luck in finding out whether the bomber's 'bombard improvement/district' function is hard coded? Would be good to have heavy ships and sige bombard improvements to wind down the enemy with attrition without taking cities. It will ad flavour to war making
No not yet. Hopefully soon.
What is the difference between R.E.D Warfare Expanded versus the Warfare Expanded. Can anyone explain.
R.E.D Warfare Expanded is an addon that changes the size and formation of the units. You should only use the addon if you are already using R.E.D. and R.E.D. for MOAR.

No not yet. Hopefully soon.

R.E.D Warfare Expanded is an addon that changes the size and formation of the units. You should only use the addon if you are already using R.E.D. and R.E.D. for MOAR.

Still not very clear. I know RED Warfare is an add on to all Red Moars mod. But what is the difference between Moar Units and RED Moar Units or difference between RED Warfare Expanded and Warfare Expanded

Still not very clear. I know RED Warfare is an add on to all Red Moars mod. But what is the difference between Moar Units and RED Moar Units or difference between RED Warfare Expanded and Warfare Expanded
Gameplay wise nothing. The only difference is the way the units look on the screen.

The base RED Modpack resize the vanilla game units and update formations to add more figures per unit.

All RED addons are compatibility addons to rescale and change the formations of the units added by new mods/dlc/expansions.

Hi, Wolfdog. Something I spotted in my current savegame - ship of the line is cheaper than frigate, should be reversed I think?

Hello people and dear mod author. I am using version 7 and a lot of units are just not there. Some of the modded units shows up and I can create them so the mod definitely working, like armoured car and landship but a lot of them missing. I don't have stealth fighter (B2 etc.), bomber, ships etc. in the game. at all.
I am using moar units 1.2, RED modpack, AI airforce, land units for moar, RED for moar units AI+.
Land units for moar has been disabled as it said Warfare expanded is the same mod and it is incompatible so I un-ticked it before I started a new game. I don't know if these units should show up or they should be on the tech tree as well or is it like an upgrade?
Anybody can help what could be wrong please?

Ok I found out at the end, Land units for moar is incompatible with Warfare expanded even if it is disabled. it will cause problems. I got rid of it and now it is working fine. Please ignore my previous post.

Top Bottom