Washington D.C. and Mexico City legalize same-sex marriage and adoption,

Explain where everything came from then.
I can't, I don't know. Now you show me your proof, or also admit you don't know. You can be the agnostic theist, I can be the agnostic atheist and we'll revel in logic.

I already put a pot of coffee on, see you in a minute.

A: Marriage means man and woman, and has always meant man and women.

This has already been rebuffed by others. But, since we're all in favor of tradition and the majority having all rights over the minority:

Do you support high progressive taxes? After all, the rich have a responsibility to cater to society's needs, due to their ability to pay more. All because the majority says so. And tradition as well, though that varies on how long "tradition" is. Gays were accepted long before the Bible was written.

B: I think you, a gay man, should be allowed to vote or whatever else just like a straight man, exc.

Alright, you show promise.

But, neither gay nor straight men should be allowed to marry someone of the same sex.

Why not? Because God says so? Because of tradition?

I'm sure there are plenty of other traditions that suck rocks(like denying minorities of all colors, and women, the right to vote), so let's get rid of that as justification.

Religion has no role in the state, though as you've said, that was based off a letter and not an Amendment(though it should have been an Amendment since the First Amendment's religious provisions suck). But still. I'm sure God has endorsed plenty of other things you'd disagree with.

Though, how can you argue against democracy and how we're a republic founded on minority rights, when you deny those same minorities their rights? Even if you're not advocating being dragged through the street on fire, you are still advocating the denial of rights.

I'm against regulating what they do in their home,

Well at least this shows promise.

but the government shouldn't recognize a marriage.

Again, why not?

The government's duty is protect the principles of negative liberty and preserve order, and also arguably to ensure the smooth process of commerce(as said by Adam Smith). Promoting gay marriage, or at least giving gays the same exact rights, factors into negative liberty AND fosters economic order and even growth.

...though you know, if you want to regulate the economy like a lefty... :mischief:

Also, allowing them to marry and giving them more rights

But don't you believe in legal equality? If not, I propose we take the right to an attorney away. If you do, then you must support the right of everyone to have the same exact benefits as everyone else; otherwise, you do not believe in equality before the law.

Alternatively, we could always abolish marriage and leave it up to the churches. Have the government issue the licenses for all the benefits - the government, as a secular authority, should not give a damn about religious beliefs and should issue licenses for all consensual relationships. There are churches that would perform gay ceremonies, so everyone's a winner, since everyone would be equal: everyone could get married, yet to have the force of law and all the benefits attached, everyone would have to get a government license.

condones what they do,

Is that so wrong? :confused: You don't have to condone homosexual behavior, thanks to the great rights we enjoy in this country.

Also. Social approval does not have any impact on the law. See the case of Texas v. Johnson: an act is not illegal simply because it is not approved of.

Also. Social acceptance increases over time. What about when the majority DOES condone gay behavior? You and I might be dead by that time, but the point remains.

saying it is ok.

It is okay. These are our opinions, however: how do you prove one is more valid.

Thought it is okay especially from a minority rights perspective: we are a nation founded on the principles of minority rights with insulated majority rule. To not give gays their rights as a minority on religious grounds is to take a giant crap on the very ideals of the Framers.

Shorter Domination: "Gay people are gross"

Domination only likes to mention the founders and the constitution when it agrees with, eh?

Aids is a gay disease that god created in order to express the level of love he holds for those who are homosexual

Doms, challenge.

Can you make an argument, using only non-religious reasons, why being gay is not ok?

I would second Ziggy's challenge. Most conservative arguments fall apart once God takes a vacation.

Of course, there's the secular conservative argument my Dad believes in(I'm trying to work him away for it; I won't ever come out until I can change his views): "Legalising gay marriage paves the way for bestiality and incest, etc." Horrible horrible logic on his and every other secular conservative's part.

I would like to add I'm afraid moreso because he occasionally uses anti-gay slurs and liberally uses the n word. Ah well, nobody's perfect... :undecide:

Aids is a gay disease that god created in order to express the level of love he holds for those who are homosexual

Actually, I'd imagine AIDS would be more prevalent among heterosexuals, as there's a higher incidence of... certain behavior that isn't exclusive to gay people.

i was being sarcastic

i was being sarcastic

I know. :p I was just posting data that seems to indicate that AIDS, if anything, would be a straight disease.

Let us ban straight marriage! :mischief:

You haven't heard of a supernovae?!? Without one, you would not exist.
I believe in the Big Bang by the way.

I can't, I don't know. Now you show me your proof, or also admit you don't know. You can be the agnostic theist, I can be the agnostic atheist and we'll revel in logic.

I already put a pot of coffee on, see you in a minute.
Actually it does not matter how the world was made. What matters is there has to have been some god that started it.

I believe in the Big Bang by the way.

Actually it does not matter how the world was made. What matters is there has to have been some god that started it.

Well, without the supernova, we'd still be there. Read Genesis 1.

I'll come back later today to handle your challenge, don't have time now.

Well, without the supernova, we'd still be there. Read Genesis 1.

I'll come back later today to handle your challenge, don't have time now.

Quoting the dang bible and calling it your evidence has the same effect of me thinking that fecal defecation taste like chocolate cause they are both brown.

In other words, what you would think is not necessary what actually happened.
Also, the Genesis is hilarious to read. What with plants created before planets and various organisms skipping their evolutionary paths in bizarre ways/

Plus we are really going off topic.

And somebody to have created that god, of course.[/QUOTE
]

Huh??????

God is. As he said, "I am."
(Talking about him obviously, not me just because I'm quoting it."

Quoting the dang bible and calling it your evidence has the same effect of me thinking that fecal defecation taste like chocolate cause they are both brown.

In other words, what you would think is not necessary what actually happened.
Also, the Genesis is hilarious to read. What with plants created before planets and various organisms skipping their evolutionary paths in bizarre ways/

Plus we are really going off topic.

:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye: Evolution has no proof, and I'd like to see scientific proof of it. Every painting must have a painter.

Then that would not be God. The only logical solution is a self-existint being.

That is not only not logical, it is also nonsensical.

Domination3000 said:
Huh??????

He said that things that exist must have been created by someone. I only used his own logic to conclude that god must have a creator.

And somebody to have created that god, of course.[/QUOTE
]

Huh??????

:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye: Evolution has no proof, and I'd like to see scientific proof of it. Every painting must have a painter.

Evolution has hundreds of studies worth of scientific proof, regardless of how you want to scandalize it, whereas creationism has the Bible, a book written hundreds upon hundreds of years ago in a different language, and translated into hundreds of other languages (and who knows how much stuff was lost in between?)

Has evolution ever been observed? Thats quite an important part of scientific method.

Wow haven't we gotten off topic :lol:

that really highlights god's problem the only documented meeting and he just says i am what i am and gives a list of sins or commandments.. them his son comes along and says there's only one which is actually two, love god with all your heart and do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Now days the book is used to justify every persecution of the other there is , like in Malawi same God just different book, intelligent design :confused: ... he/her/it cant even get his message across, no two cults or sects agree ... yet people assign him infinite power :crazyeye:

That is not only not logical, it is also nonsensical.

He said that things that exist must have been created by someone. I only used his own logic to conclude that god must have a creator.
How does anything exist then?
What is not logical about God being self-existint?

Top Bottom