Wh40kss De

So, witch one is more acceptable?
Becouse I extracted this from the low quality data files. Where the old one is from the Medium quality files.

Eather way. Here are the .max files. They are saved in 3dStudio max version 7.
I hope you can work miracles with them.

Attachments

• Upload.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 52
This is indeed strange, because the old one is actually lower poly, if you strip all stuff that isn't really used. I'm attaching the old one processed by me - it turns out to have a little over 1200 polys when treated this way. It is almost an acceptable polycount, especially for a wonder. Bringing it under 800 would make it actually useable as a building.

Of course, that's because it has no cages and base. Each cage kicks the polycount up about 2000 (1000 of which for skeleton), and base gives us a whooping 30000 - BUT, if you only remove sticking corpses, the base ITSELF is only about 200 polys.

Attachments

• slave_chamber_noBase_noCages.rar
    32.8 KB · Views: 64
Thanks for the script, I still need to figure out how to use it
As for the skeletons, you could argue that they are small enough to be completely invisible in the game. So you could do away with them with not trouble to the model. The same probably goes even for the cages.

We should definitively do this on an industrial scale. I extract the models and you crunch them into something acceptable.

The problem is, the ones I've produced STILL aren't acceptable yet, although they're much closer to being that way.

Also, I've browsed through the pack you posted and found that only two or three other models out of these can be brought to reasonable polycounts. Use the size of nif file as an indicator. Everything above 100k is very bad; everything above 75k is undesirable.

A lot of them will have a huge amounts of unused and invisible vertexes and faces. I just don't know how to get rid of them without ruining the model.
I am certain that without them, the models would actualy be acceptable.

Actually, no. I checked this, and it seems WH40000 modellers knew what they were doing in this department. These models don't suffer from polys wasted on parts never to be seen. You can check yourself by rotating any of them and checking it from angles you're not supposed to see it (try from below).

If you need to open them in Max, NifSkope can actually export .obj files. Very handy - and you don't have to wait till he posts those (unless, of course, the export process screws anything - I just tested importing .obj, and this works quite well).

i never knew that... YAY! thank you this gives me so many ideas now hehehe ill get to work with remodling some of these today

Ok well using the export function from nifskope to 3DSMax, i was able to reconstruct the Kabal Fortress dark eldar building DRAMATICALLY reducing the polygon count.

the attached picture shows the original on the right, and my reduced poly version on the left. (i had to remodle it from scratch because the xport deleted half the polygons from the orignial, but i was able to use it as a map to help me a lot.)

My modle uses 912 polygons. this is probably the most complicated one of the lot to do so the rest should be fairly easy :)

Attachments

• Kabal Fortress compare.jpg
    Kabal Fortress compare.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 102
Ok well using the export function from nifskope to 3DSMax, i was able to reconstruct the Kabal Fortress dark eldar building DRAMATICALLY reducing the polygon count.

the attached picture shows the original on the right, and my reduced poly version on the left. (i had to remodle it from scratch because the xport deleted half the polygons from the orignial, but i was able to use it as a map to help me a lot.)

My modle uses 912 polygons. this is probably the most complicated one of the lot to do so the rest should be fairly easy :)

Infinite coolness this way comes! :goodjob:

Very impressive, Llamas. I know, it is very helpfull to have a finished texture. (I have a finished model laying around for allmost three weeks, because I am too frustrated because of the texture.) But anyway, it is very impressive, that you have redone the model with only 912 polygones. I hardly see any difference. It's great.

hehe thanks guys :D i was quite surprised myself :p

i had a shot at the hall of blood, but the result wasnt as impressive as this, 1232 polygons and its much less detailed than the original... i think ill redo it again and try get a lower poly count with better detail...

thanks guys :) im working on the Wychcult arena, and i must say THIS is the hardest model ive ever had to make O_o my god...

I hope it has a underground base?

lol i knew i forgot something :p ill add one thanks :)

I can't beleve this. You took a simple Rip and turned it into something trully special.
There is a lot more material where that came from, so if you have any more inspiration, feel free to call me to rip it for your artistic talent to work over.

-With humble worship, Purple

Top Bottom