What are your TOP THREE favorite civs?

What are your TOP THREE fav civs?

• Total voters
1. Infernal. Let the world burn!
2. Calabim. The world is my banquet.
3. Tie between Balseraph for funsies and FoL Svartalfar/Ljosalfar for easy gameplay.

1.) Bannor-I love the lore, and the art goes well with them. Also, Order + Crusade = Awesomeness. Nothing like a few fightin' fundies to liven up your day!

2.) Svartalfar- Powerful, fun to roleplay, and great art. What more could you want?

3.) Sheaim- Destroying the world in your spare time has never been so much fun!

If I remember I always like to make polls public (unless they are about some embarrassing topic), just seems to make it more interesting to see who voted for what. PLUS we get to see who Kael's top three are. :D

An excellently devised trap! He fell for it! :goodjob:

I voted:

Svartalfar: I just have a thing for dark elves, deception, magic and general backstabbery

Amurites: See above. Magic is kewl.

Kuriotates: My favorites for when I want to play peaceful.

Doviello seem to be losing out again.

I tried playing as the doviello once, but their traits put me off. Only charadon has the barbarian trait, not mahala. And he has it as one of his "real" traits, so that his other one is just aggressive. I think barbarian really needs to be a civ trait for them, and charadon needs a better secondary trait, like raiders or charismatic.

Mercurians have low votes. I've got to agree there, for one simple reason. their art.
So many of their angel units are just swordsmen wiht wings stuck on. Some are asassins, or use other generic models. the Mercurians have very little unique, distinguishing art. So they just feel... unfinished.

I picked
Kuriotates (no micrmanagement, yay, also, airships, horsemen that can defend, and the biggest dragon in creation)
Calabim(An ARMY of heroes, you say? with haste, regen, and summon skeleton?)
Sheiam (walking grenades, army generating gates, and a big black dragon to play with)

1. Mahala
2. Tasunke
3. tie between Dain and Cassiel.

basically I like civs that force me to get out of my lazy builder playstyle :D Amurites are awesome if you wanna play with magic and Adventurers are great.

1 Bannor: Crusade is just awesome
2 Sidar: totally different way to play
3 Kuriotates: You don't want peace? Here, take one of my useless settlements.

An excellently devised trap! He fell for it! :goodjob:

Indeed he did.

Sidar, Lanun, and Illians.

It would be interesting to hear why, too.

On a different note, I wish the poll results would sort themselves in order of votes. would make it easier to see where everyone stands.

Grigori, Svartalfar and Illians, followed by Calabim.
However, I typically play a Scions or Mazatle, but that's simply because I normally play Fall Further;)

1. Calabim - The Governor's Manor and Vampirism =D

2. Svartalfar - Veil of Night is handy for one of my strategy styles

3. Grigori - Adventurers are really handy

1. Amurites
I have always loved the Amurites even though I seem to not play as well as them when compared to other civilizations. I love Firebows, Chanters, and a magical priest army. They also have my favorite graphics out of all of the civilizations.

2. Khazad
Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race so the Khazad get favorite points just for that. I like the feel of the race. Their slow but steady style. Being able to create City Raider 3 units right away or give them march off the bat is just really fun. I have never been a fan of Maros so I just delete him so I can make the shrine.

3. Doviello
I don't play the Doviello that much. In most of the games I play I try to stay at peace for as long as possible. With the Doviello I break free from that. I don't play them often but some of my most fun games I have ever played have been with the Doviello. Of course this means I like the Clan and Infernals quite a bit too but the Doviello are my favorite. I like building my army as a I go. The idea of capturing enemy units to turn them against their former civilization and paying for their equipment with what I pillage from the lands is what makes the Doviello my favorite.

My least favorite is the Hippus. I honestly have no good reason to dislike them. I use Mounted units with other civilizations so it is not like I don't like that unit line. Even though Amurites are my favorite I probably play the Khazad the most. I guess my dislike of the Hippus comes from hanging out with Dwarves too much.

You should probably distinguish between 'favorite to play' and 'best in terms of strongest'. For me they would be different.

I really like the diiversity of the game -- to me the most fun is the difference in play from going from one Civ or even leader to another. But the Bannor remain my all time favorite and I also think they are very strong.

Best wishes,

Breunor

You should probably distinguish between 'favorite to play' and 'best in terms of strongest'. For me they would be different.

I really like the diiversity of the game -- to me the most fun is the difference in play from going from one Civ or even leader to another. But the Bannor remain my all time favorite and I also think they are very strong.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Nowhere did the OP mention "strongest." I should hope the only people who voted on those grounds are those who value strength higher than anything else (like me).

I vote for Ljos, Svart and Malakim. Actually, my top three tier are :

1. Ljos/Svart : Love both of them (well, I am an Elf-fanatics...) Both their lore, their artworks and their unique mechanics are super! Both of them are tier-1 civ in my book.
  2. Malakim/Elohim/Kurio : Yes, I am a dedicated peacemonger with a hard stick to those who harass me. These three have great potentials to both peace and war, imho.
  3. Luchuirp/Amurites/Calabim/Sheaim/Balseraph/Sidar/Infernal/Mercurians : I love these civs for their unique magic spells/abilities.

Since my top three consists of 13 civs, regretfully I ditched ten and chose Ljos, Svart and Malakim. No personal offence to the other seven. Shall we make another poll, "which thirteen civs are your favorite?" :rolleyes:

1. Malakim - Graphics, Varn Gossam (Adaptive), works well with religions, Deserts, the theme of Malakim is really great if I play them. If the AI plays them, I hate'em.
2. Clan - very cool design. Units like lizardmen, goblin, ogres, are so flavourful. you can play as barbarian, but with a proper Civ.
3. Luchuirp - The Golem Approach with that many Improvements is something completely different.

Others: Elohim, Lanun, Mercurian, Infernal, Balseraph, Svartalfar, Shaeim have also very good themes.

Khazad, Amurites and Grigori, are too weak in my opinion, that makes them a bit less preferred to me. Even though they are fun to play. But somehow they could use more Dwarven units or Dwarven mines, Spellcasters or special buildings, Heroes or units like the Luonnatar healer respectively.

***Recent Meeting at Mercurians Anonymous****

Proctor: Ok Mr. Darkwood it's your turn.

Avahz: Hi, my name is Avahz Darkwood and (begins to weep):sad: I - I like the Mercurians.

Proctor: Its ok Mr. Darkwood let it out so the healing can begin....

Top Bottom