What Civs are in?

Hey Dutchking, do you compete in the National Geographic Bee?

Nah...almost got into it last year but I got some dumb question wrong about some Lake in Persia... :shake: (it's the geography one no?)

I mad it to Nationals!:p
And I finished up a Warlords game as Mao a week before that (only my 2nd real victory, as I hardly have too much time to play, or maybe I'm on these forums too much). And the Saturday before that, I got mauled by, er, Catherine in a game as Bismarck. Then on Wednesday, I found a girl winning the entire Geo Bee competition!:eek: :egypt: :clap: :help: :hatsoff: :viking: :ninja:

Ragnar's theme flowed in my mind immediately afterwards.:viking: :king:

Dutchking, are you still going to compete?

I don't know...In my school it's mandatory that you get tested, and you either make it or not, then you go on and on...I'm friends with the guy who went on to the State Championships. (I think it's the Nat. Geo one)

A game like this, by the way, would never include the Netherlands, as most kids don't know them. I'm in 7th grade, and most of my classmates don't know a thing about the Netherlands. Same with Portugal or Poland. Sorry, TheLastOne36 and Dutchking.:cry:

I deduse U R from US!???
Is like this for us, on the other size of the sea (Europa), the US shouldn't be there, but ei! :lol: :lol: :lol: For me, I'm happy with Portugal!!!:goodjob:

GEOGRAPHY BEE!!! i beat all the kids in my school in 5th and 6th grade, made it to the State both times, and almost made it into the state finals both times... but screwed in the end. :)

GEOGRAPHY BEE!!! i beat all the kids in my school in 5th and 6th grade, made it to the State both times, and almost made it into the state finals both times... but screwed in the end. :)

I got to state in 4th grade, to state finals in 5th grade, and to nationals in 6th grade. I'm in 7th grade this year.

My best friend in the nationals last year was Antonio de la Pena, the Colorado state geography champion. He told me that he had played Civ3 before. Then, during the picnic after the prelims (where I got eliminated :cry: :mad: ), we had a deep discussion about Civ3 and Civ4. And even after the competition was fully over (he, unlike me, got to the finals and won 5th place there) we STILL chatted on the phone about Civilization, and sometimes I called him IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME. Although he was actually vacationing in Virginia and then he went back to Colorado after a while. Antonio was actually born near Munich, and so when I made that city in one game my Heroic Epic city, I told him all about it.

Anyways...

Oh, and I have considered getting two of these games for Christmas. Could somebody help me here?

SimCity Societies
Civilization Chronicles
Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
Empire Earth III
World in Conflict
X-Com: UFO Defense
Galactic Civilizations II (If there is a complete edition by then)
Zoo Tycoon II (If there is a complete edition by then)

Civ helped me in the Geo Bee, i swear. maybe CivRevolution, despite the simplification and sometimes historical pop-culturism, can help some people learn something.

Oh, and I have considered getting two of these games for Christmas. Could somebody help me here?

SimCity Societies
Civilization Chronicles
Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
Empire Earth III
World in Conflict
X-Com: UFO Defense
Galactic Civilizations II (If there is a complete edition by then)
Zoo Tycoon II (If there is a complete edition by then)

I'd suggest AOE The Asian Dynasties, World in Conflict, and Empire Earth III. The only one I've actually played though, is Age of Empires III.;)

Get Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday, it's a great game. (Like a mix of Civ and Risk) It takes place in WWII. look here. Oh, and take the tutorials first! ;)
A few other great games are:
Europa Universalis III (on the same website as HOI)
Age of Empires III
Axis and Allies is decent
Imperial Glory (might just be a mac game, for ONCE! ;))
Rise of Nations
Age of Mythology
AND
Sim City 4
Those are most of my "musts". :p MOST.

Get Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday, it's a great game. (Like a mix of Civ and Risk) It takes place in WWII. look here. Oh, and take the tutorials first! ;)
A few other great games are:
Europa Universalis III (on the same website as HOI)
Age of Empires III
Axis and Allies is decent
Imperial Glory (might just be a mac game, for ONCE! ;))
Rise of Nations
Age of Mythology
AND
Sim City 4
Those are most of my "musts". :p MOST.

I already have Age of Empires III, Rise of Nations, and Age of Mythology.

Here were my reasons.

SimCity Societies: Ahhhh, SimCity, basically Civilization without competition and victory. Won't really have to think much, especially with this simplified game.
Civilization Chronicles: I *really* want to try out one of Civ2's scenarios, which are supposedly "good". And people stick with the first two Civ games simply because Civ4 takes too long to play. But I do own both Civ4 and both of its exp packs.
Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War: Sounded interesting, but GameSpot's review really turned me away.
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties: Same as last one.
Empire Earth III: Isn't out yet, but Sierra told us in a Gamespot interview that games would take only 20-40 minutes to play. Sounds like a 3D Rise of Nations with a Future Age.
World in Conflict: I think this one is a lock for me, as the resource-building element in RTS games looks too intimidating to me.
X-Com: UFO Defense: The best game ever made to some other website, but Gamespot still thinks Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, and Age of Empires II are better.
Galactic Civilizations II: Building an empire in space? Oh YEAH!
Zoo Tycoon II: A zoo with DIMETRODON in it is something I can't do in the original Zoo Tycoon (which was REALLY addicting for me).
The Orange Box: Definetely good, but I'm too young to play it.:cry: And it's much less educational than Civ4 (although Portal might be a great game for me to try here).:sad: :nuke:
Master of Orion: Sullla really draws me in here.:king:

I'm 12, by the way, but I'll be 13 on January 13.:goodjob: :scan: :D

Yes for about a page now. :p *gets an infraction
T
H
IS
S
PAM
:D
Back on topic please...;)

so we are assured there are generally the "normal" civs and a couple quirky WTF civs.

Yes, the thread is now useless. Now we only have to wait for Revolutions to come out! :D

We now know what Tokugawa looks like!!!! But his daisho are on his right side.. Does that mean he's left-handed? I wonder......

Holy *beep* I just noticed in Swein's post.. If his b-day is Jan. 13, that makes him two days younger than me!

That means that everyone I've ever met that's born in Jan. (real and CFC) love Civ! My best friend who's born in Jan. loves it too! wow.....

yeah, the IGN preview, they still haven't said the release date though......

Top Bottom