• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What do you think of Halloween?

What do you think of Halloween?

• I really like it

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • It's a good excuse for a party

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • It's fun for kids

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • It's a good excuse to annoy people

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I've grown out of it

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I really don't like it

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • It's just a commercial thing

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I disapprove on religious grounds

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I just disapprove (please say why)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • What is this Halloween of which you speak?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never celebrated it as a child, due to family religious reasons.

It's just yet another commercial event, and, fortunately, is pretty low-key over here.

I see it only as meaning that Guy Fawkes is just around the corner. Now that's fun! I feel sorry for all of you who don't celebrate it.

It does not exist over here, except as a commercial creation only followed by a few foolish crettins copying a US holiday.
Any child coming to my door asking "trick or treat" would come to a nasty end... :evil: :evil:

Are the rumours true, Simon, that you capture the first ones that come to your door, candy them in your kitchen, then feed them back as 'treats' to later visitors?

No Halloween - no headache.:D We do not have such... m-m-m silly(?) strange holidays.:D

I see it only as meaning that Guy Fawkes is just around the corner. Now that's fun! I feel sorry for all of you who don't celebrate it.
Halloween sucks compares to Bonfire night. A huge fire, burning anything in sight and fireworks - what more could you want from a holiday?

When is Guy Fawkes day? I'll probably celebrate it with some of my firends regardless of several pesky by-laws!

EDIT: MY 700th POST!! YAH!!! HUZZAH!

Just another publically approven reason to go drinking... Nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't possibly be bothered to wear a costume :rolleyes:

Unless it was really snazzy :satan:

Who was this "Halloween" anyway?

An American feminist, president, witch or what?

It all seems superstitious. I'd prefer a great achievements or science day. Like maybe having a Neil Armstrong day.

Originally posted by EdwardTking
Who was this "Halloween" anyway?

An American feminist, president, witch or what?

It all seems superstitious. I'd prefer a great achievements or science day. Like maybe having a Neil Armstrong day.

Best you didn't know. All those ghastly little devils hunt in packs :eek:

Originally posted by stormerne
Are the rumours true, Simon, that you capture the first ones that come to your door, candy them in your kitchen, then feed them back as 'treats' to later visitors?

I deny everything. There is no evidence, nor have any of the bodies ever been found. Not that there are any bodies. Of course there aren't.
They survived. What am I saying they survived? That implies they underwent something. They didn't even undergo anything they needed to survive. Not that were even any "they" in the first place. What?
These rumours have me all flustered. I'm going to have a cup of hot gravel and recline for a while. Call me in February. :ack:

Originally posted by HotDog Fish
When is Guy Fawkes day? I'll probably celebrate it with some of my firends regardless of several pesky by-laws!

Remember, remember, the 5th of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot,
da..da..da..can't remember the rest..:blush:

Thanks! I'm sure I can get an old couch and watch the bon fire with some of my friends and get drunk of my ass

I really don't like it.

I don't like Carnival either and personally think many people along the rhine,where carnival is celebrated so much,are quite weird.Here along the Elbe these people who are members of carnival clubs are really exotic.

Halloween, here we let off fireworks and have a bonfire. It is also a good excuse to get drunk (as if I need an excuse)

A riciculous waste of time, money, effort, and teeth, with very little return to me in the way of entertainment.

well where i live it is just a reason for the older teenagers to get drunk and throw eggs at anyone who goes by

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
It does not exist over here, except as a commercial creation only followed by a few foolish crettins copying a US holiday.
Yeah, very important point!
I'm really sick of having to see all that Halloween stuff on TV. When I was a child, which is not too long ago, there was no word of it. It's no tradition here, so commercialization is the only reason for introducing it.

Originally posted by Kennelly
I really don't like it.

I don't like Carnival either and personally think many people along the rhine,where carnival is celebrated so much,are quite weird.Here along the Elbe these people who are members of carnival clubs are really exotic.
Also very right! :goodjob:
Long live Northern Germany! :D

They (guess who) are trying to introduce it here (Sweden) and it has grown from its first introduction 3 years ago... but it's a good excuse for a party.

Who cares about something like Halloween. Well when I lived at home, one could always expect good food and plenty of booze :smoke:

Top Bottom