What is the US up to with regard to Iran?

thrm being equal trolls , Anglosaxons by visible Powers of theirs and Iran by historical experience they would either fight or cool down somewhat . You see , nobody is much clear about what will happen in this country , the trolls then avoding an "early engagement" .

What I see is a court nullifying the Gibraltar action, the UK SAS action, and the political desires of some US hawks.
Rule of Law vs politics abuse.

That is quite likely.

The Gibraltar governmet had an instant decision, (a) seize the tanker, and if appropriate release it later or (b) hesitate and lose the opportunity.
Now if the tanker has been searched and no chemical precursors for manufacturing poison gas or rockets for bombarding Israeli settlers etc were
found and its Captain swears he is not gong to Syria, it becomes difficult to see what legal reason exists for further detaining the tanker.

And there may have been some behind the scenes political intervention. Why should Boris further annoy the Iranians and risk them
seizing yet another British flagged tanker purely to ingratate himself with John Bolton, when John Bolton can neither guarantee a US trade
deal nor US protection for UK flagged ships? Thing is I don't think that Boris is quite as naive as Jeremy Hunt or others regarding foreign relations.

trump moves mountains wih his tweets so much that some company has a new Trump Tweets Research Center or something , his desire to be moving mountains takes a hit with Taliban unfortunately with killing an American soldier in their attack - which they would have to carry out after making the deal to have peace , because they should claim the last Word with the lasr shot before the end of the war , which hurts Trump's election stuff so he refuses Taliban peace but he should look like loving Peace so Bolton gets thrown out , despite it's nothing . Despite this Bolton attacks those who remain , like Pompeo with leaking Trump "removed" the guy who could take pictures of Putin's table in Kremlin . Etc , etc , Trump fails his duty as a Republican President to start a war , etc etc .

happens . Now that in the template , New Turkey , ı mean it only appears on a newspaper that the PM will have a reshuffle in his palace cabinet and his son-in-law and the secretary for interior are working shoulder to shoulder to have that re-arrangement . A newspaper which doesn't appear in the kiosk ı buy newspapers , too .

hope ? That's Episode IV , A New Hope ...

What's nice is he seems to be disliked by people all along the political spectrum. There might be hope for this world afterall.

One of the issues we all agree on in the US is that the US needs to stop getting into wars that don't serve our interests. Bolton kept trying to get us into those wars so it's not surprising to see the general attitude towards his departure being "good riddance to bad rubbish."

Yeah, what stupid moron gave him that job to begin with?

Yeah, what stupid moron gave him that job to begin with?

Well, you want to hear diversified opinions when it comes to foreign policy. But giving Bolton actual legal National Security hiring/firing authority is what happens when you're promised 'the best people' by a liar.

Well, you want to hear diversified opinions when it comes to foreign policy. But giving Bolton actual legal National Security hiring/firing authority is what happens when you're promised 'the best people' by a liar.
I think it's less "liar" and more "idiot."

The irony is that Bolton was holding President Trump back according to what he tweeted.

Iran are acting quite irrationally by attacking Saudi Arabia's oil facilities via its proxy in Yemen. Both the Houthi's and Iran will regret what they did.

The irony is that Bolton was holding President Trump back according to what he tweeted.

Iran are acting quite irrationally by attacking Saudi Arabia's oil facilities via its proxy in Yemen. Both the Houthi's and Iran will regret what they did.

Not sure why the Houthi's would regret it. Saudi Arabia and UAE have been waging war in Yemen for over 4 years now with total disregard for civilian life. Hitting them economically seems quite sensible.
From what I understand Iran's strategy is to keep their foes in US, Israel, Saudi Arabia and UAE too occupied elsewhere to consider war against Iran. It seems to be working.

Yet the death toll in Yemen has remained rather static. I think you should look into the numbers a bit more than what you are getting.

Expect large death toll from malnutrition and lack of clean water as Yemen enters its fourth year of the drought
Its the Middle East, and we can expect terrorism to be used as a weapon between the major powers their proxy wars

Not just drones, supposedly there were cruise missiles undetected by SA air defenses. And probably by US air defenses too, judging by their reaction.
I guess not Houthis then. Even for Iran, impressive accuracy.

Are you unaware of how proxy wars work, or do you just choose to ignore it?

The Gibraltar governmet had an instant decision, (a) seize the tanker, and if appropriate release it later

Its been widely reported that the US government had pressured the UK to the seize Iran tanker
The US government then pressured the Uk to turn over the seized tanker over to them
Then Trump threw the UK government under the bus.

It should be obvious to all by now how rudderless the US foreign policy is right now.

Last edited:
r16 fully supports the wholesale destruction of Saudi and well the entire Middle Eastern Hydrocarbon business so that these people can live , them Arabs and similarly Brown people who are not Princes . As such in the interests of world peace , because oh my , everybody is ready to fight for the stability of oil supply , but it will be bad for my health . "Sir, we took off on the 13th, sir!" or "Sir, we were operating on East Coast Time, sir!" . It's Stuntwoman's fault , she is spoiling them .

Not just drones, supposedly there were cruise missiles undetected by SA air defenses
I have been wondering, what is the difference between a drone stuffed with explosives intended to hit an oil refinery, and a cruise missile?

I have been wondering, what is the difference between a drone stuffed with explosives intended to hit an oil refinery, and a cruise missile?
I guess, payload, speed and operational range. Drones in this context usually mean lightweight UAVs, which cannot do too much damage.

Top Bottom