What Movie(s) Have You Recently Seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, the Mayas didn't do the mass human sacrifice thing. Nor were the Spanish landing near them, ever.

Actually the mayas did sacrifice people...

Its not just the aztecs.

I know this for a fact so please try and prove me wrong.

Im going to see this movie tommorow.. and it will be interesting. Why?

IT TAKES PLACE DURING MAYAN TIMES IN ANCIENT MAYA!

Who would of thought theyd make a movie like that!!!!!!!!!

I will get to see human sacrifices!

I'm undecided though: is it crap Hollywood nonsense or a real reflection of the Mayans, I wont see it myself, I think it's probably nonsense. And will teach you nothing about old S.American civilisations.

If you want to see human sacrifices for no reason why not watch a war film made in the 20th century.:p

I'm undecided though: is it crap Hollywood nonsense or a real reflection of the Mayans, I wont see it myself, I think it's probably nonsense. And will teach you nothing about old S.American civilisations.

If you want to see human sacrifices for no reason why not watch a war film made in the 20th century.:p

Actually i think its a foriegn film.

I was so excited because hollywood would never make a movie like this.

@Phlegmak what didn't you lika about the Producers? I'll admit that at times (very few times and very short times.) it did get a tiny bit obnoctious, but I found it very funny and entertaining.

Also just watched Night At The Museum today. It was a well done family oriented movie, but I think any agegroup could enjoy it.

I saw Goodfellas and Scarface in the last week or so. Both good.

Actually the mayas did sacrifice people...

Its not just the aztecs.

I know this for a fact so please try and prove me wrong.

Let me put it to you this way. You learn absolutely nothing about the Mayans from this movie. That's already been stated at least twice in this thread.

Actually i think its a foriegn film.

I was so excited because hollywood would never make a movie like this.
"Foreign film", meaning made by a Hollywood director using a nonEnglish language? Hollywood has made many films like this: any blooddrenched film with a bunch of brutal low tech people. In other words, "savages". Seriously, this film is not unique. It's just another blooddrenched action movie. Honestly, I thought of another movie I saw when watching this movie: Cannibal Holocaust. It's really not much different than Cannibal Holocaust. It even has plenty of female nudity.

@Phlegmak what didn't you lika about the Producers? I'll admit that at times (very few times and very short times.) it did get a tiny bit obnoctious, but I found it very funny and entertaining.
The acting. It was like watching a play in movie form. (Yes, I know, that's exactly what it is.) It could have been a movie based on the play, with the same plot and text. Instead, it's actually a play, but put onto film. The acting is the fast-paced acting typically seen in comedic plays. The acting was so unrealistic that it hurt my eyes. For example, if a guy is screaming at you because you took his security blanket away from him, and you're standing 1 foot away from him with the security blanket in your hand, you could just give it back? Instead, you throw water into his face and he continues to scream. You could then give it back? I forgot what happened in the movie at that point. I think the guy didn't give it back. Broderick's acting looked so brutally fake I wanted to shut my eyes.

Also, the majority of the songs sucked.

The only redeeming quality of this movie was Will Ferrell's part. I especially like his song "Haben Sie Gehört das Deutsche Band?" (Have You Heard the German Band?).

Yes, since Mel Gibson's a foreign director.
He's from Australia!

I'm undecided though: is it crap Hollywood nonsense or a real reflection of the Mayans,
It's decided. It's crap Hollywood nonsense.

I saw the "armless, legless, wonder of the 20th century" film.
I did not expect it to have been so surreal, as in the presentations of the failed father.
Also it seemed to not focus too much on the state of the "thinking piece of meat", which probably was for the better though, since already the film was very sad.
I did not like the film, but am of the view that it is better that it did not become something many times more miserable, which it easily could have been...

Me, myself and Irene.

Yet again Jim Carey proves himself a great actor. Boy, that gave me a big laugh, lol.

And One flew over the ****oos nest. :thumbsup:

It's called Johnny Got His Gun, which I know only because it's featured in the video of my all time favorite song, One by Metallica.

excellent song... excellent video... movie wasnt bad either, interesting, but ok.

Me, myself and Irene.

Yet again Jim Carey proves himself a great actor. Boy, that gave me a big laugh, lol.

And One flew over the ****oos nest. :thumbsup:

I loved Me Myself and Irene. It's one of my favortie Jim Carey movies of all time.

I just finished watching Troy (the 2004 film).

:(

I suppose there is no need for the Orestiad anymore, or for the plays of the wrath of Ajax, since it seems that Ajax and Agamemnon died in combat at Troy.

I am very dissapointed. Obviously oceans of $ have been spent for this, and yet they just presented a cheap alternative story, whereas the original would have been fine.

And since when did they feel compelled to present Patrocles as the cousin of Hercules? It's not like we can't handle that sort of thing. Maybe we would just be all confused by the concept of Greek sexuality or something.

I saw "The Good Shepard" with my folks today, one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

Yeah I heard it sucked. I think I'm still going to rent it though once it is realeased to DVD, so that I can take beaks and whatnot to help alleviate the boredom factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom