What music are you listening to #64: And rock 'n' roll was in his soul, and music was a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in Peace Wowaka. He died last year of heart failure. This is one of my favorite songs by him.

I like that guitar

TIL from people having a crystal ball that the new hit Jerusalema (South Africa) is going to be a world hit as sticky in your mind as "the lion sleeps tonight"

And yes... it sounds great :)

Here below BTW the original version of the lion sleeps tonight from before WW2

Taking the brain easier today. No esoterics.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the music thread or the Youtube thread, because watching the performance here is part of the experience for me.

This particular performance is from Buenos Aires 2012. There's a video of their performance of "Ghost Love Score" at Wacken Open Air 2013 on YouTube that's also great, and also has outstanding production. Plenty of people prefer that one to this one, so if you like this video definitely check out the other one too. But I think I've watched this one 12 times in the past 2 weeks.

Floor Jansen is a superhero. When I put my own Justice League together, she's definitely on the team. The passage from 8:08 to 9:38 is one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. She hits a note at 8:31 that literally makes me feel light-headed and tingly. (btw, if you haven't seen this yet, don't skip ahead.) I don't have a ton of experience with classical music, I just started listening to it maybe 10 years ago, and classical singing even less so (when I listen to classical, it's usually the instrumentalists), but her range, agility, power and stamina are astonishing. I think she has 3 different voices, just in this one song, and I don't ever hear her draw a breath, not even once (not that breath control strictly equals great singing, I'm not a technique nerd, but still).

Obviously, I'm Floored (sorry) but the rest of the band is outstanding too. I think the drummer jumps out at me the most. Also, the production of this video is superb. Great camera angles, a good rhythm between shots of the crowd, the singer and the band. I don't think I ever wish the camera was pointed at something else.

I am sorry, it's just again me :) but..... but..... this video is so beautiful I've felt like posting it to You , so You can watch .... ;)

The text here was offensive , so I took it down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom