• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What TV Shows Are You Watching? The 9th Is - Excuse Me - A Damn Fine Cup Of Coffee

Huh, I somehow thought that had gotten cancelled at some point.
The spinoff got the axe a few weeks ago. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

No, no, it just dropped off the radar for me long ago so I figured it just was no more.

After what feels like 5½ years, I'm still slogging through Manifest. Maybe watching Manifest is itself an episode of The Twilight Zone and it never really ends. Like, the final episode loops back around to the first episode, and you can't shut off Netflix's 'autoplay next episode' feature, and I've actually watched the whole thing 18 times already and just can't remember it. What year is it?

Under the Bridge had its final episode this week. It is a true crime drama based on a book and the ending wqas both complete and satisfactory. It awas a good series that I would have rather waited to binge rather than week for the weekly episodes to post. It is all about teens behaving badly in Vancouver BC. :thumbsup:

The finale of The Veil (2024)

Spoiler :
non se·qui·tur
/ˌnän ˈsekwədər/
noun
a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

Well that was anti-climactic. I never once felt that the whole show was building to a confrontation between Imogen and Michael. That was always a side-story. Maybe an important one, but still a side-story. If this had been the penultimate episode, that would've been one thing. And the primary threat, which we were explicitly told this whole series was about, the ship carrying the bomb, was resolved in a couple of seconds by faceless commandos. Until that happened, I was genuinely wondering if I'd misread something, and this wasn't actually the finale, and there'd be a whole other episode after this about the pursuit of the ship. I also kind of hated that Adilah got killed by some random chump we'd only just met in this episode. 'Cause he was racist, I guess?

I was enjoying it, but wow, talk about not sticking the landing. It's like they got bored and just stopped writing. :shake:

Any good overall? should I begin it? I did not read your spoiler.
If you like Elisabeth Moss. If not, I'm sure you could find something else. Either way, it's only 6 episodes.

She is pretty ho-hum. Thanks.

If you like Elisabeth Moss. If not, I'm sure you could find something else. Either way, it's only 6 episodes.
Lol..this is a glowing review :lol:

Just saw that The Bear is returning for another season next month (June 27th). Can't wait! Absolutely one of my favorite shows ever.

Veil reviews on IMDB are not stellar. I liked Moss in some things in the past, but kinda got tired of her. I think she a good actress but there is just a way about her that starts to rub me the wrong way.

Last edited:
House of Ninjas on Netflix is a story about a family of Shinobi in modern Japan. Great fun through the first few episodes. A bigger story is unfolding.

Lol..this is a glowing review :lol:
Yeah. It hasn't been a stellar year for television so far, for me. I can't really tell if the shows have been meh or if I'm just in a period of low enthusiasm. :dunno:

---

Purely by coincidence, I'm very close to watching the last episode of Manifest on June 2, 2024. (If you don't watch the show, that's an important date in the show.)

I can't really tell if the shows have been meh or if I'm just in a period of low enthusiasm. :dunno:

---

Manifest
^^^that may be part of your problem :lol:

What I'm missing is some good historical shows, which is why I've been PBS-ing it for a bit. Watched some pretty good shows that I did not even realize existed...I love that. Also, I think you watched Unforgotten if I am not mistaken, so you have a new season of that to watch, and it is pretty good. Also, we have The Bear next month. And if you have still not seen The Offer on Paramount+, if ya still subscribed, def watch it.

Did you watch Shogun? That is a must too. I thought We Were the Lucky Ones quite good too. Both on Hulu.

I did a rewatch of Daisy Jones and the Six. I believe I enjoyed it even more the second time.

^^^that may be part of your problem :lol:
You mean Manifest is somehow bleeding into my subconscious and making me less excited about television in general? :lol: That would be truly insidious. I've been feeling kind of "pot committed" to the final season, knowing that it's almost over. I just want to see how it ends.

You mean Manifest is somehow bleeding into my subconscious and making me less excited about television in general? :lol: That would be truly insidious. I've been feeling kind of "pot committed" to the final season, knowing that it's almost over. I just want to see how it ends.
From the trailers it looks like regurgitated Lost?

Top Bottom