What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bit further in morrowind, got full body armor and all

died to the rat you have to kill for the fighter's guild

really not enjoying this game, to be honest

I don't think I've ever played it so I couldn't say.

I'm glad to find someone else who doesn't like Morrowind.

I only made it to the first city before getting bored and giving up
Skyrim with guns is much more my thing (Fallout 4)

Plus it hasnt really aged that well, the combat was clunky as hell and didnt work. At that time I was playing Gothic 2 which was a far superior game.

i tried playing morrowind after playing oblivion, which was my first elder scrolls game

needless to say it did not stick

I even warned you about that rat!

playin' me some Kaiserreich (HoI4 version), which is, not surprisingly, more fun ever since the dev team made a conscious decision to try to make the alternate history more plausible

also the music mod

I love the idea of morrowind, but I also gave up after travelling to like two cities on those strider things. Not that there's anything wrong with the cities... in fact the designs were freaking great. But the combat was so bad, even before oblivion or skyrim released to compare it to. Archery for example was impossible because I couldn't track the enemies and lead the arrow. And of course the cliff racers...

I played morrowind first. On a P-III 550mhz with 192mb ram and a 32mb radeon 7000 video card. Sunk a lot of hours into it, mainly with an uber-powerful character save that i downloaded. I didn't find the combat clunky at the time, then again the only other fantasy games i had played at that point were Dungeon Hack and Might & Magic 6.......
Might and Magic 6

Dungeon Hack

Edit:Apparently Dungeon Hack is Abandonware! Woohoo!:woohoo:

Combat in Morrowind is not really different from Oblivion, and barely different from Skyrim.
It's just that the animations are (even more) stiff, and that the beginning is rather grueling. Once you've got a few more level under your belts, and can safely deal with the local fauna, it goes much better (no more dying to rats :p) and you feel like you progressed.
That's what I love in Morrowind : real sense of progression (also, as there is much more skills, they REALLY change how you play and perceive the game, a 100 running and jumping is really a supernatural beast while a 20 makes you feel you play a cripple). It's the kind of game you stick for the long haul, the game world is HUGE and there is so much to discover...

IS the Morrowing game world actually larger than that of Skyrim/Oblivion, or does it just feel that way due to lack of fast-travel?

I think all three are similar. Morrowind looks larger because the lack of fast travel and because you actually have to put effort in finding things instead of following the dumb-proof compass.

Anyway in Morrowind you can always install Tamriel Rebuilt mod which adds the whole Morrowind province only (despite the deceptive naming). In another 15 years they will probably have half the map completed.

morrowind is absolutely larger than skyrim

Morrowind was great back then but hasn't aged well.

I think all three are similar. Morrowind looks larger because the lack of fast travel and because you actually have to put effort in finding things instead of following the dumb-proof compass.

This is something I really miss. You didn't have quest markers, but people gave you proper directions. Follow this road until that tree, turn east and tun west after that rock etc.
Now it's just "There's a cave" and a marker pops up in your map. You can do this in modern settings where everyone has a smartphone, but in fantasy settings it's really immersion breaking.

According to this image, Cyrodiil's map is the largest of the three 21st Century games (Morrowind and onwards).

Morrowind might be outdated. But perhaps Skywind will be fun if it's ever released?

Whoever that pointed me to Avadon, consider you cursed from now on!!!!

5 days later and 48 hrs in the game. I NEED THAT MISSING GOO near Zhozza, I can't find it and it is for one of the 2 trainers in the game!

I NEED IT!!!! ARGH!!!

Where is it! I have scored the whole area twice, I can't find it.

"sobs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom