What Video Games Have You Been Playing, Part 10: Or; A Shameful Display!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC3K looks sooo much better while still retaining all of the old-school charm imho

I played hundreds of hours on that as a kid, tried SC4 a few years ago around the time of the failed Sim City 2015 release and man, it's just a big heap of meh.

aimee, please specify whether the swallow is laden or not.

Considering that it runs at your CPU clock speed, probably not.

Anyways, while looking for a disc, I came across a random budget horse game that I don't believe I'd finished when I got it years ago. So I played through it. It took less than an hour. Then I got bored and started poking around the game files and noticed that all the textures were stored as TGAs.

Spoiler :

I used DxWnd to get it working without screwing up my screen. It turned the game kinda blurry, though.

I also don't know how I did it (and couldn't replicate it) but I managed to flip the camera in one area.

Spoiler :

I went through a phase like this a couple of months ago. It passed.

I hope yours does too.
Thank you. But you said it as if it was an illness or some depressive state. Maybe it only is a sign of "maturity"...:old:

I mean, time to leave videogames and find something more productive to do in my spare time.
I am glad that you do not count chess in the smartphone as a videogame.
Is chess played trough a electronic device, be it singleplayer or multiplayer, a videogame? Difficult question.

Last edited:

I hope yours does too.
Yeah, I had (and have) long stretch like that. In the past, I thought "oh, maybe that's it, the famous 'I've outgrown video games' that I always took as BS...". But then, after a while, I just discover a new game that grips me and make me want to play all day. And I realize it's nothing about getting old, but just having less games that I like because both being more experienced (so having less this "discovery" feeling) and mostly about how the industry today produces less games that I'm interested into.

Thank you. But you said it as if it was an illness or some depressive state. Maybe it only is a sign of "maturity"...:old:

I mean, time to leave videogames and find something more productive to do in my spare time.

Is chess played trough a electronic device, be it singleplayer or multiplayer, a videogame? Difficult question.
For me in my last gaming drought in particular, low level depression played a role I'm sure. Other times it's just boredom with the games I have. I don't think I'll ever outgrow video games but my tastes in them has matured. The primary change for me has been my unwillingness to grind in a heavy way and I strongly dislike mechanics which make the game artificially harder (extremely limited inventories, for example).

Last edited:
@aimeeandbeatles If You like city builders I strongly recommend Anno series ;) I'm sure You'll like it ;) (1402 is my favourite of the series)

I hope yours does too.

Why? You can get so much more done when you're not tied down to video games or tv shows. There's not anything wrong with them if you have the time though.

I was playing Oblivion. I came out of the Mages' Guild in Chorrol only to find some city guards trying to kill each other. All right, maybe time to play something else.

Uhhh

Playing more Oblivion. The overhaul mod I'm using lets me tame some creatures. So I did so.

Got a new CD/DVD drive installed.

We're gonna get wild toniiiight!

I have that, too, but for sheer '80s spunk you need to go around riding a Zebra Cab listening to V-Rock.

Well, finished the "storyline" DLC of Dragon Age (Awakening and Witch Hunt).
And wow, that was bad. I had a good intuition at the time to just ignore everything but the main game (I consider "Prisoner of Stone" as being part of the main game). Dunno if it's because the main game was made before Bioware was bought by EA or if they just happened to rush the whole DA franchise (DA2 certainly seems to fit the bill), but really, every DLC of DAO (save for the above caveat) are completely worthless and should be actively avoided - they degrades the game instead of enhancing it. At least now I know.

Gonna be real with you here Takhtje... I don't want anything to do with your spunk.
It's 80s spunk, not my own personal spunk.
I've seen some pretty amazing texture mods for SA, are there similar ones for Vice City?
I wouldn't know, seeing as I'm playing vanilla, but there very probably are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom