What Video Games Have You Been Playing VI: Because There Are No Elections In Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Civ 6 is just 40 % off, so I'm not getting that yet lol
think I'm going to buy dishonored of all bloody things

That's actually quite a cut on the price for a game that's not even a year old. Judging by Steam charts Civ 6 has fallen really low, compared to 5 which is hovering around the same amount of people playing it for years (20-30k almost all the time). I really wanted to like that game, but almost everything about it turned me off. I haven't kept up on how the modding community for 6 is, but I doubt we will be getting anything nearly as a good as the Vox Populi.

That's actually quite a cut on the price for a game that's not even a year old.
yea I know
It's something that's really irked me often, for example people who've used steam for like nearly a decade thinking Civ6 maybe would get a discount on last year's christmas sale, which was just absurd

Thing is simply that I'm not that itching for a civ game, so I'm not buying until I get an oppurtunity for a better deal

Also, the store is still super slow for me, I might not buy anything until tomorrow

I've already exhausted my game budget for this month, but Shadow of Mordor for 4 bucks looks tempting...
It certainly is.
I'd pay 20 bucks for it without a thought.
I bought it when it came out and played 1 game. Ran into aliens almost right away, and they destroyed me. Ever since then I haven't played. I prefer a space exploration/colonization game where you only meet aliens much much later.

So maybe it's just not my kind of game? Or did I get unlucky?
I don't know if it's not your kind of game, but :
1) You can change starting conditions so as to encounter aliens later (disabling clustered start, reducing the amount of starting species, etc.).
2) You probably encountered "advanced starting empire", which have a few more tech and one or two additionnal planet at the beginning. They are rare (also something you can change in the starting conditions), and not necessarily hostile. You WERE unlucky here.
3) The game has changed a lot since last year. It's still using the dumb sector system (which is a complete failure IMO, but can be basically modded out with one line so meh), but for the rest it's been a real improvement.

Just "finished" Zelda Breath of the Wild

Downloaded Shellshock Live the other day. Rage inducing at first (I have a BAD history with math in general, forget geometry!) but it's actually pretty fun to play. But definitely take your blood pressure meds before playing.

Picked up Dominions 4 on Steam sale.
Currently attempted to lead my Rephaim* out of a wasteland and start conquering the rest of the world.

*Cannibalistic cursed half-angelic giants.

I got Dishonored 2 and started it downloading before I left the house this morning. I really liked the first game, particularly the setting and the art style. Teleporting and setting rats on people was pretty fun too. A group of rats is called a "mischief."

Took a nostalgic spin in TIE Fighter. What an astonishing game that was in its day. Still a benchmark in how to make a user interface that draws a player in rather than just presenting a menu.

I had a little go with Alien:Isolation last night...

I have all of the lights off, and my surround sound headphones on. The alien is coming up behind me, and I can hear it. It's that close. I spin to try to avoid it, I see its face fill the screen...

... and my roommate puts her hand on my shoulder.

I nearly jumped out of my skin, practically peed myself, and cracked my shin against the bottom of my desk. I now have a nearly orange-sized lump on my shin and it hurts to walk. I'm going for X-rays on Monday. :(

"wow, what did you do to hurt yourself like that ? Basket ? Football ? Bar fight ?"
"no, video games"
*blank stare*

I am exceptionally prone to anxiety in those sorts of situations, even when playing video games. It's why I never play horror games and why my playthrough of Thief: Deadly Shadows came to an abrupt end partway through the Shalebridge Cradle level.

(For those who don't know, the mission has you explore a steampunk orphanage which was turned into an insane asylum whilst the children were still there and which was then abandoned after a disastrous fire. You only find out after you're well into the level that you are not alone...)

Thanks for the spoiler for a thirteen year old that's been buried in my steam pile since 2014 !

I also still haven't finished Outlast. The first time I started playing it -o course at night with the lights out and headphones- I had to stop 30 minutes in. I can only handle it in short bursts. Tried playing during the day once, but that feels wasteful like mixing good beer with bad lemonade.

Deadly Shadows looked dated in 2006 or so when I played it, so it's only going to look a lot worse now.

"wow, what did you do to hurt yourself like that ? Basket ? Football ? Bar fight ?"
"no, video games"
*blank stare*

Yeah, that's one of those injuries you lie about.

Spoiler :

now I'm kinda wondering if I should go for this lol

on the other hand I've got the whole backlog problem us garbage gamers have

$57 for two over-priced games is pretty good.

I picked up Stardew Valley (on Steam this time), Red Alert 3, Voodoo Garden, and Kingdom: New Lands. I also got Dark Souls 2 from the Humble Monthly pack. Less than $40 for what will amount to at least 100 hours of gameplay. Good ratio.

I feel kinda uneasy because I'm not sure I'll make it through all the video games I've had my eyes on

Edit: So like, even if I do, it might be worth it to wait perhaps even another year or more to buy even cheaper

I haven't even finished Xcom EU/EW yet

I probably should wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom