What Video Games Have You Been Playing VI: Because There Are No Elections In Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously!?
Borderlands 2 is superior to Borderlands 1 in every way I can think of.
Better enemy variety, better maps, more diverse guns, better plot, more entertaining fetch quests, more dynamic character builds and skills.
And of course, Buttstallion.

That may be true. I don't necessarily disagree either, but it just doesn't feel superior. It is entirely a personal problem and a general malaise over learning new games/experiences. I can pretty much play Borderlands 1 on auto-pilot and know exactly what everything is.

I do particularly like the token system. The Borderlands 1 gun proficiency system plus tokens would be perfect.

You liked the gun proficiency system?
I thought that was one of the worst mechanics. It basically locked you in to using a single gun type.

You liked the gun proficiency system?
I thought that was one of the worst mechanics. It basically locked you in to using a single gun type.

Did people usually use a wide array of weaponry? I always used the same 2 + RPG.

It provides a nice flexibility in Borderlands 2. As the Siren (Maya?) I primarily used SMGs but occasionally a nice elemental assault rifle or pistol came along.

Gave up on Diablo 1 LOL. I have no idea how to defeat the Butcher with a sorcerer. I suck. :) This game isn't as easy as Diablo 2. I could just skip the Butcher, but I do have the quest. And I have to avenge Wirt. Anybody have any ideas how to beat him? What spells? I'm not fast enough to launch more than 1 spell without getting stunned by him and whacked.

Have you tried using your fireball staff? The Butcher is really very tough for his level - try leaving him and coming back at a higher level. (Leoric can be really tough too.)

It's been almost decades since I played Diablo 1, but I remember that I killed the Butcher by shooting him with a bow through the bars with the door closed. Cheap trick, took a lot of time, but it worked.

Gave up on Diablo 1 LOL. I have no idea how to defeat the Butcher with a sorcerer. I suck. :) This game isn't as easy as Diablo 2. I could just skip the Butcher, but I do have the quest. And I have to avenge Wirt. Anybody have any ideas how to beat him? What spells? I'm not fast enough to launch more than 1 spell without getting stunned by him and whacked.
Try getting him on the other side of a grated wall and launch your spells from there. As Arakhor says, consider finding a staff, I suggest stacking (yes you can do this) firewalls, it's a sufficiently low level spell. Definitely troll around dungeon level 3 for exp and staves if you can't get him after clearing level 2.

I've been trying out OpenMW now they've released version 0.42. It's nowhere near full functionality for MGE, MWSE and the MCP, but it's fully playable, works with many classic mods and even has certain improvements over the base game.

It's been almost decades since I played Diablo 1, but I remember that I killed the Butcher by shooting him with a bow through the bars with the door closed. Cheap trick, took a lot of time, but it worked.

Thanks for the advice. Although with the mod some of the "tricks" won't work as he can pass through the doors, and has his own special level. But I should venture forth to level 3 and see what I can find. I am lacking some of the above mentioned spells and staves. It almost feels like I should be able to do it with level 2 stuff, but I'm not sure the game intended you to. And so much in these games depends on drops... I'm not a big fan of this system. I'll come back later.

Resident Evil 4 is on sale 75% off remastered edition, finally at $5 price
WARNING: that using the mouse controls for first timers is pretty disorientating if your used to other FPS, that because you need to upgrade you weapon to steady its aim later on in the game

"AAAH, FRESH MEAT !"
To this day, I often make variation on this sentence (like "aaaah fresh drink" or so) when it's fitting ^^

From my memories of the first times I played this game, back when it was released : the Butcher and Leoric are really, REALLY tough compared to the level you encounter them. Our usual way to deal with them was to clear the rest of the level, then the next level, and then come back to kill them. We only tried to kill them on-level for the challenge of it.

Ha, finally got him. Level 4 lightning bolt owned him. First couple tries I was only using spells like fire bolt and charged bolt. Those were ineffective to say the least. Even today I tried a staff of frost shard and that was ineffective as well. I love the lightning bolt spell in this game, it's one reason I wanted to play a sorcerer, because I don't think I ever did back in the day.

Frost shard ? In Diablo ? What kind of mod are you using ? :ack:

(and wait until you get CHAIN lightning... :p)

Had an urge to play an ARPG for a while, but for once, instead of going back to Diablo 2, I decided to give Path of Exile a try. Is pretty fun so far, and feels like its probably the closest any game since has come to D2 (which I still regard as the pinnacle of the genre).

PoE 3.0 patch came out just a few days ago, so you couldn't have picked a better time to start it. It's seriously an amazing game.
Pretty awesome game and it is free to play. The new 3.0 patch ends the three difficulty levels play through (normal, cruel and merciless) and now the game has ten acts that you play through only once. The end game mapping (post Act 10) carries play to harder and harder challenges. Character development is complicated and very flexible. It is a worthy successor to Diablo 2.

Grinding Gear Games makes their money by selling supporter packs, additional storage space for loot, and entirely optional, and sometimes attractive, decorative accessories (skins for weapons and gear) for characters. If you liked D2, this one is probably more addictive.

Still playing Witcher 3 and finally made it to level 30. Almost done with the main quest and just started Hearts of Stone. So far it's really good and it has some unexpected difficulty spikes which are welcome after superior oils and potions make the main game a bit too easy.

Also, just discovered the enemy upscaling option 90 hours into my second playthrough. Makes the game far more interesting. Level scaling has a worse reputation than it deserves. Making it optional was a really good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom