What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up this game on GOG because it was less than 3 dollars and it reminds me of CivCity: Rome. :)

I picked up this game on GOG because it was less than 3 dollars and it reminds me of CivCity: Rome. :)

This field randomly flooded and destroyed in the middle of the guy hoeing it :lol:

I like the game so far :)

EDIT: He keeps setting up fields where they get destroyed by the floods. :lol:

:lol:

My Pharaoh is being carried around. I'd honestly be afraid of one of the carriers tripping and falling.

Even better, one of the princes got automatically named "Umm."

Umm....Poopybutt? :mischief:

Apparently the game was made by Tilted Mill, who made SimCity Societies.

(I actually liked Societies. :scared:)

I'm getting into Fallout now and just lined up the water caravan back to the vault. I did run into a serious glitch. I got sent by Lars to protect Neal from the Skulz Gang, and I protected him and killed the assassin but the mission didn't end. I was able to end combat, but when I went back to Lars, he sent me back to the bar to kill the same assassin (named Vinnie I think)a second time. After that, Lars would talk to me but won't end the mission or restart it. I even went to the Skulz headquarters and killed them all and that didn't end the mission. It's very frustrating so I moved on to Junktown. I now have Tycho, Dogmeat and Ian following with me and we're pretty powerful.

I spotted Keith David's voice right away and thought that one of the characters was played by Richard Dean Anderson (of Stargate SG-1) and I looked him up and it's true, he's in the game too. Pretty cool.

From what I remember the Skulz gang quests were pretty glitched . IIRC there's this girl in the Skulz gang that You can convince to quit and then she will give You some "dirt" on their operations =) I do not remember the exact requirements to convince her (I expect that high speech and/or charisma are required)
Oh and dogmeat is absolutely awesome ! :thumbsup:

btw. Hobby what kind of character did You choose/created to play ? =)

All this talk about Fallout made me wanna play New Vegas again xD I love it more than Fallout 3 , mainly because it is done far better and it's a canon continuation of Fallout 2 and there's no better weapon than Anti-Materiel Rifle ! Sends those Deathclaws flyin' :rockon:

I preferred Medicine Stick with Cowboy, 100 Guns, and the hot hand loads. Such a good gun.

Get a real AMR!
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42163/
BTW, My Fallout 3 had a 14.7mm semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle with a 10-round mag. Made the NV version seem tame.....

I like it :) Right now however I am quite satisfied with current version of AMR ;) Gun Runners Arsenal DLC added .50 caliber magnum* explosive rounds to sweeten' the deal. I was once able to take out 3 Legion Assassins with one shot ! It was pretty amazing. I also got 4 times louder guns mod and I didn't installed suppresor on that AMR on purpose ! :D I can feel the power ! :devil: Second place on my guns list goes to hunting shotgun ! It's really sweet ! :devil:

*actually it's MG , stands for Machine Gun, sorry my mistake.
Anyway : Some RL counterparts to contemplate :D

Last edited:
Oh, and my Fallout 3 also had an M2 Browning HMG, 100 damage at 10 rounds per second. Great for taking out deathclaw herds, if i ever encountered one. I also tried making a .50BMG minigun. 100 damage at 50 rounds per second, that way you can burn through an entire game's worth of accumulated .50BMG rounds in just several seconds.

From what I remember the Skulz gang quests were pretty glitched . IIRC there's this girl in the Skulz gang that You can convince to quit and then she will give You some "dirt" on their operations =) I do not remember the exact requirements to convince her (I expect that high speech and/or charisma are required)
Oh and dogmeat is absolutely awesome ! :thumbsup:

btw. Hobby what kind of character did You choose/created to play ? =)

All this talk about Fallout made me wanna play New Vegas again xD I love it more than Fallout 3 , mainly because it is done far better and it's a canon continuation of Fallout 2 and there's no better weapon than Anti-Materiel Rifle ! Sends those Deathclaws flyin' :rockon:
I convinced that member to leave the gang but did not ask her to testify and now it doesn't give me the option to ask her that again. I'm in an edge case of weird choices that broke the mission.

I gave my character high charisma and intelligence.

I got stuck on CoTN's second tutorial because my priest refused to leave his apartment. Maybe he discovered video games. :think:

I played New Vegas one week when my internet was out. Then it came back on and the Steam Cloud ate my saves!

I don't use Steam Cloud anymore.

EDIT: Obligatory Fallout: New Vegas glitch post. :crazyeye:

EDIT: And this.

Last edited:
I'm getting into Fallout now and just lined up the water caravan back to the vault. I did run into a serious glitch. I got sent by Lars to protect Neal from the Skulz Gang, and I protected him and killed the assassin but the mission didn't end. I was able to end combat, but when I went back to Lars, he sent me back to the bar to kill the same assassin (named Vinnie I think)a second time. After that, Lars would talk to me but won't end the mission or restart it. I even went to the Skulz headquarters and killed them all and that didn't end the mission. It's very frustrating so I moved on to Junktown. I now have Tycho, Dogmeat and Ian following with me and we're pretty powerful.

I spotted Keith David's voice right away and thought that one of the characters was played by Richard Dean Anderson (of Stargate SG-1) and I looked him up and it's true, he's in the game too. Pretty cool.
If you sent the caravan back to the vault you gain IIRC an extra 100 days to finish the water chip quest but there was also a drawback which I won't spoil.

As for the Skulz, this might help (spoilers galore).

If you sent the caravan back to the vault you gain IIRC an extra 100 days to finish the water chip quest but there was also a drawback which I won't spoil.

From what I've heard, don't send the water merchants unless you're running out of time.

Yes, but, no spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom