What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling stuff to merchants in MW was never about getting the listed price. People whining about how a glass sword was "worth" thousands of septims were missing the point entirely.

I didn't say anything about the listed price. When a merchant has 2000 gold and an item has a list price of 50K he can't even pay you the fraction of the list price he theoretically would pay.

In Skyrim there was a glitch where quicksaving, punching a merchant, then quickloading would reset their money.

Main right now: Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Casual bits and bobs here and there: Pokémon Sword, Hearthstone
Coming up soon: Borderlands 3 (DLC1)
Wanting to fit in at some point: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)
Waiting for release: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3 Remake

Commentary no one asked for:
  • I'm enjoying King of Cards thus far, although I do think it's my least-preferred of Shovel Knight's four campaigns (it's still really good though!).
  • On Pokémon Sword I'm just pecking away at my Living Dex and doing random Wild Area stuff here 'n' there.
  • Hearthstone is just keeping up with daily quests and Tavern Brawls. Even though the new expansion just came out I'm not particularly arsed about playing terribly actively at the moment.
  • I'm looking forward to Borderlands 3's first DLC campaign, although I'm gonna' be a few days late playing it as I'm working long-ass hours this week. I'd rather wait until I'm off for a few days over Christmas and have the time for a proper session on it.
  • I've had Link's Awakening since release and have been dying to play it, but it came out in between Borderlands 3 and Pokémon Sword/Shield which was just awful timing. I think I should be able to accommodate for it soon though, :D
That's pretty much me for now.

I don't understand this.

I didn't say anything about the listed price. When a merchant has 2000 gold and an item has a list price of 50K he can't even pay you the fraction of the list price he theoretically would pay.

Well, no, but priceless items are only ever what you can get for them, not what they're nominally "worth". (That's the same in RL as in MW.) Short of going to Mournhold or indulging in very specific hi-jinks with Creeper or the Mudcrab, that's just the way it's always been.

Well, no, but priceless items are only ever what you can get for them, not what they're nominally "worth". (That's the same in RL as in MW.) Short of going to Mournhold or indulging in very specific hi-jinks with Creeper or the Mudcrab, that's just the way it's always been.

Even a load of moderate value items tended to mean travelling around half a dozen shops to offload them. This is one case where emulating real life didn't make for a better game.

It made more sense than OB's system, where shopkeepers could buy unlimited items beneath a fixed value. How would you have done it instead?

It made more sense than OB's system, where shopkeepers could buy unlimited items beneath a fixed value. How would you have done it instead?

I'm going to invoke the I'm not a game designer cop out :D
My solutions would probably have involved making money harder to get and make it useful in a greater variety of ways but would be easier to implement in PnP than a videogame.

Certain vendors in the original Fallout work this way. In FO4, they all have a cap limit, some start out higher than others and you can boost how high their limit is with perks. Also, you need a ton of junk in the game to build settlements so junk dealers can buy a lot of loot in exchange for all the junk you can handle. You can also set up shops in your settlements.

Outside of the very early game, I don't have much problem with selling my loot in FO4 and even in the early game, I typically run out of space to haul loot before it reaches a value I can't unload somewhere. I will admit I did have to make a few extra trips to Diamond City in the very early game to sell loot there but as soon as I could open up my own shops, that stopped.

(and yeah I know we're talking about different games)

I thought you liked stuff catching fire.

Red dragons breathe fire.

I'm a Dragonlance dragon. red_elk's even posted pictures of me (without authorisation, I might add).

How do you type

I have magic fingers. And Takhisis is a well-known shapeshifter.

You're a goddess of evil?

Been playing the WOW starter edition for a few days. Only five levels before I hit the level cap of 20.

At least it’s better than the dumpster fire that Bethesda pooped out. Even if a 15 year old game can do better than a buggy modern mess of FO76.

In Skyrim there was a glitch where quicksaving, punching a merchant, then quickloading would reset their money.
You watched the Spiffing Brit do that too? :smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom