What would you do with ten million dollars?

I'd buy a huge house and start a commune.
I'd buy another house and start a community space/library/venue/computer lab thing.

Probably after i went to college.

RoddyVR said:
5 mil, i'd give my current employer.
You'd give half of your fortune to your boss???? :eek::confused::confused: why?
che's idea sounds good. i can get 10 jam doughnuts for £1. so 10 million pounds gets me 100,000,000 doughnuts, although i'd probably have to leave a few, i couldnt get through that many before they go stale..

If we both get 10 mill, we can build a donut and taco palace with a jam/tabasco moat...

$750,000 for a house, $200,000 for furniture, appliances, electronics, and $50,000 for a car.

$500,000 to pay off assorted extended-family debts.

$500,000 for basic living expenses.

$8,000,000 in low and medium risk mutual and index funds.

Hmmm.

Sponsor my five (or so) favorite cartoonists to the tune of $20,000 each. [100k]
Buy myself a new computer of ownage. [20k]
Buy myself lots of MtG cards. [small change]
Donate some to MSF, Red Cross, my church, and Amnesty. [2mil]
Dump most of the rest in the bank or in funds, where it will stay until I finish school, and then university, which is about 4.5 years in the future. By locking it in place for over two years, I get a much much better interest rate. :D
After that, I'd set up research labs, sponsor hackers to design us a brighter future, and generally work on grandiose plans for the Betterment of Mankind.

I would do a lot of good with that kind of money. I could start all kinds of companies, and feed them through their growing pains.

Put it in various overseas accounts. And then spend the rest of my life exploring the world, having fun and getting a job I can really enjoy.

- pay all my debts
- extensive travelling, spiced up with drink & babes
- open a metal bar
- give my brother enough money to start his own business
- pay my best friend's loan
- invest some & live comfortably

1)1,000,000 - purchase house in Rye area
2)500,000 - purchase condo in Amsterdam
3)750,000 - purchase condo on the Las Vegas strip
4)1,000,000 - to reputable charitable organizations
5)1,000,000 - spending cash for furniture for the 3 newly purchased residences, a new car, racing modifications for my current car, and some badly needed golf lessons.

The rest gets invested/banked and I live off of the interest for the rest of my days, which will be spent either partying or golfing.

Honestly I wouldn't change that much. I'd continue to create more wealth...
I like how Aurora Greenway put it...

"Work like you don't need the money, love like your heart has never been broken, and dance like no one is watching”

• $1,000,000 in a charitable remainder trust throwing off 6% a year.$60,000/year inflow.
  • $6,000,000 in absolute return vehicles. My hedge fund, other hedge funds, private equity deals, municipals (likely used as pledged assets) and timber. $300,000 coming in conversatively.
  • $2,000,000 equity for $5,000,000 in property value. 50% to 100% financed. This would include residences in Chicago, Amalfi or Positano, Cape Cod. Say $210,000 outflow
  • $1,000,000 likely 100% equity of new development funds to Puerto Penasco and proceeds to another deal. Maybe off the coast of South Carolina.

Top Bottom