What Would You Like to Play?

What type of Mod would you like to see from me?

• An Epic Mod

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • A Historical Mod

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • A Fantasy Mod

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Goldflash

Grumpy Old Man
Okay... I have a lot of ideas and barely started mod projects, and I'd like to know what type of Civ Three Thing you'd like to see and play to point me in the right direction:

An Epic Mod: Modifications to the main game. Units and Tech tree and what not may be different, but theobject is still the same: take your tribe from 4000BC and shape the world yadda yadda. Examples: Goldflash's Altered Tech Tree Mod, Heart of Destiny, Rise and Rule, Rhye's of Civilization.

A Historical Mod: A Mod themed around a certain Area of the world or time period. Examples: Anno Domini, Rise of Aisa.

A Fantasy Mod: Oh Noes! Dagrons! Dorfs! Guh-Nomes! Stormrages Orks!
Examples: Warhammer Fantasy Mod, Master of Myrror.

Please vote in the poll! (once I get it up)

I vote for historical mod (I take it you mean something like AD as opposed to a scenario set in a particular period of history). There are so many "Epic Mods" that I don't think there's much point making a new one unless it has an interesting twist. I wouldn't mind seeing a Fantasy Mod, although the existing ones are so good (and LOTM will be coming one day).

I woted for the epic one, I do also enjoy following a line in history too, so they are a close match in my mind. But I ended up choosing the epic because that is what I am trying to make myself for my first mod :D

The fantasy ones, I don't know, maby its just me, but I seem to enjoy them for the first 10-20 turns, and then I get bored.. sorry.. :sad:

Why isn't this a multichoice poll ? I can't decide, so i would have voted all. :D

I voted fantasy. It is alot more interesting, and plus you can have orcs. :D

Fantasy,less complex,fast and friendly,original theme or story....

Historical.

I want dem Mongols to start conquering! :D

Hmm. Thank you all for voting and expressing your opinions. And keep doing so :D I'll make my descision when I'm home from Pittsburgh (where I am right now)

But here are some examples of what I might make:

Epic: Goldflash's Altered Tech Tree Mod II (More of the same old crap)
Historical: EuroAfrica (Civs from... Europe and Africa...!)
Great Asia (Civs from.. Asia! All of it, up to present day).
Fantasy: Goldflash's Dumb Fantasy Mod (Just as Stormgrunt said. Fast, freindly, and awesome.)

Other Ideas include Europe after the Cold War, but thats more of a scenario.

I won't vote, but if I did I would caste half for historical and half for fantasy. That's right. I think we should be blurring the boundaries a bit more, like 7Ronin is suggesting.

Most important thing though is that you finish it.

I chose fantasy, theres a lot of room to be explored there, but I probably won't be able to play because I don't have conquests :cry:

Top Bottom