• Rome Total War

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Guitar Hero 3

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Others, pls. specify by posting

Votes: 36 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Civilization Series is by far the best, and have the most replay value.

Red Alert 2? But that's way back man............ Don't you like C&C: Generals?
Oh come now, RA2 had such great characters! And units! And everything!!

Truth be told, most die-hard C&C fans found Generals a letdown. It had a radically different UI, a fairly mundane story, and not the faintest connection with any of the other games ('cept Colonel Burton. "I got a present for ya!") Like the Civ3-Civ4 split shows, just because it's newer doesn't mean it's 'better'. Quality over quantity.

Civilization
Oblivion
GTA series
Hearts of Iron 2

See what I mean?

Oh come now, RA2 had such great characters! And units! And everything!!

Truth be told, most die-hard C&C fans found Generals a letdown. It had a radically different UI, a fairly mundane story, and not the faintest connection with any of the other games ('cept Colonel Burton. "I got a present for ya!") Like the Civ3-Civ4 split shows, just because it's newer doesn't mean it's 'better'. Quality over quantity.

Good that you told me that one. I agree that RA2 is better than generals.

NO CS ?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! WTF?!!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, somewhere between Counterstrike and World of Warcraft. I played those two games more than any other games in my life, and I STILL love playing them both.

(Not a fan of CS:S tho... 1.6 is where it's at.)
Yeah, 1.6 is still awesome.

Close call between Counter Strike Source and the Civ series.

The Civ series is by far my favorite on the list, with GTA: San Andreas a distant second. But if I had to rank my top 5?

1. Civilization IV
2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Alpha Centauri
4. Secret of Mana
5. Freespace 2.

Two strategy games, two adventure/RPGs, and a space shooter. None of those reflect what about 75% of my play time is spent on - First Person Shooters. I would be playing Battlefield 2's Project Reality Mod right now if my apartment had a decent internet connection. Sigh...

Armed Assault. What it lacks in graphics, it more than makes up for in gameplay, realism, replay value, Beautiful user-made MPmissions and many dedicated, highly skilled modders & mission makers within the community.

It is, so far, the best game you can possibly get if you have a computer that can handle it and the skill to play it (& the patience to learn it).

...Double post....

Although I like Civ and Empire Earth, Age of Empire and Total War, i do spend most of my gaming on the Fifa football games.

I'm not much of a gamer really. In my lifetime, I've only ever played the Civ series with any enthusiasm or consistency. And I hardly do that much anyway. The only other game that I'd mention, which is played even less frequently, is EA Cricket 2005.

Hide the sausage.
You beat me to it. Thanks for taking the predictable gag flak and saving me the bother.

Talk about a no-brainer. I've never played anything as addictive as Civ, it drags me back year after year for more sleepless nights conquest.

Top Bottom