• Asterix in Corsica

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Asterix and the diviner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asterix among the Helvetics

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • There are so many so great that I can't decide

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • You know who I am and I don't read sissy commies frenchie books!

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Asterix who??

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
An out of competetion question:

In what album do the women form the village drink the magic potion?

Based on a couple of clues given in the book, where exactly does it seem that Obélix and Astérix landed on America in "The Great Crossing" and why?

mmm.. in Manhattan. Because we can see Asterix emulating the Statue of Liberty.

In what album do the women form the village drink the magic potion?
Aterix and the diviner.

t's a nice detail.. just before Asterix mounts the stones Obelix says that he wants to stay free.. and then Asterix becomes a statue of liberty.. hehhe

Thorgalaeg said:
mmm.. in Manhattan. Because we can see Asterix emulating the Statue of Liberty.

Yes, but not just because of that. Whe they go hunting with the natives, Astérix tells Obélix that they were on an island. When the decide to escape from the village because of Obélix imminent marriage, the boat goes down and they have to swim to a smaller island nearby, which is where Astérix emulates the Staue of Liberty. Therefor, it's likely that the larger island were they landed was Manhattan, and the smaller island (where they are picked by the vikings) was Liberty Island (former Bedloe's Island), where the Staue of Liberty is located.

Over to you "hermano español"! :D

i liked the one that was something with a kettle, either the 2 were looking for one to make onion soup in it, or one was stolen and they had to get it back, or something

Jawz II said:
i liked the one that was something with a kettle, either the 2 were looking for one to make onion soup in it, or one was stolen and they had to get it back, or something
I think that's the one with the cauldron of serteseii

Asterix has a sword but never uses it to fight, except on two occasions IIRC. When?

Wow, an really old topic... but when comics books are in question I'm always for:goodjob:

On Top: Voted for CORSICA.
That is the one that I remember mostly so thats the reason for vote.
Intresting stuff about this episode: In serbian translation (printed by good old "Politika") Corsicans speak in really heavy Montenegrian dialect. That was sooo funy. Look like translators find those two people the same or very simular, anyway it functioned great.
Part were oldies seating on a banch and coments whats going on was the best.

On second place, would probably put the other one that I laughed a lot but I don't know whats the name of that book, I remember the part when two soldiers speak to each other how they envolved in army and one was drunk when they caught him, I think, and other saied: "they gave us to choose ether to be throwned to lions or to join army" "and you choose this..." "No! I wanted to be food for lions but they still send me here"

Any help?

edit2: My nethew back in fatherland still have all episodes in hard cover!

No, i mean fighting with the sword. Both times it is in single duel too.

Well, maybe it is too difficult. I will post another one, leaving the former if you want obtain an A+ ;)

Lets see... In the Big Combat there is a patient at Druid Psychoanalytix clinic that thinks he is another person but nobody knows exactly who. Who does he think he is?

Thorgalaeg said:
No, i mean fighting with the sword. Both times it is in single duel too.

Well, maybe it is too difficult. I will post another one, leaving the former if you want obtain an A+ ;)

Lets see... In the Big Combat there is a patient at Druid Psychoanalytix clinic that thinks he is another person but nobody knows exactly who. Who does he think he is?
Napoleon I belive.
The sword one is going to drive me nuts! I can remember the artwork for one well, but I can't remember where I saw it! Doesn't he disarm his opponent?

Yes, in one case Asterix disarm his oponent, in the other case his oponent disarm him but when he is preparing the final attack, the ground breaks under him (they are fighting next to a cliff)

BTW its Napoleon. :goodjob:

Alone said:
On second place, would probably put the other one that I laughed a lot but I don't know whats the name of that book, I remember the part when two soldiers speak to each other how they envolved in army and one was drunk when they caught him, I think, and other saied: "they gave us to choose ether to be throwned to lions or to join army" "and you choose this..." "No! I wanted to be food for lions but they still send me here"

Yeah that's funny. Actually the answer is, IIRC, "No, I wanted to be food for lions, but you know the Army, ask for one thing and you get the other"

Masquerouge said:
Yeah that's funny. Actually the answer is, IIRC, "No, I wanted to be food for lions, but you know the Army, ask for one thing and you get the other"
:D That was long time ago, yes, now when you mentined that's how translation shoud be.

As I recall it was in "Legionaries", but not sure.

How good was the work of Uderzo & Goshini you can tell by how much we memorised in our heads after so many years of reading this (well atleast in my case:D )

Alone said:
How good was the work of Uderzo & Goshini you can tell by how much we memorised in our heads after so many years of reading this (well atleast in my case:D )

Exactly ! In France you can make jokes using Asterix quotes and you're sure almost everybody will get it :)

Alone said:
:D That was long time ago, yes, now when you mentined that's how translation shoud be.

As I recall it was in "Legionaries", but not sure.

Yeah, I RL my friends considered me as a witty person, always in good mood and making all kinds of jokes about everything, but I have to confess to you that sometimes I'm only following on Goscinny's steps. :D

Btw, Astérix has a duel with that drunken legionnaire from "Caeser's Gift", and draws a Z in his chest like Zorro. But Zaza, the daughter of the tavern interprets it as a Z for Zaza, even though I think there was no Z in the original latin alphabet. Or was it?

Concerning Portugal, there's a great one in "The Mansions of the Gods"/"Le domaine des Dieux", when they're bringing the trees down at night, and then the Goths, Spaniards and others start singing and because they can only work by singing and the Romans are afraid the Gauls wake up, they excuse the from work. The comes this short character and says "Sorry, I'm lusitanian"; "So what?"; "Well, I can't sing, but I can recite you a poem." :lol:
So fitting. :goodjob:

Top Bottom