Where would you go if you had nowhere to go?

Lohrenswald

世界的 bottom ranked physicist
In which I fake profoundness

but really, I can't figure out anything like good to say that likes expand on the topic or whatever

It would depend almost entirely on why I would be in a position where I have nowhere to go. Say if I was a whistleblower I would go to Russia. ;-)

Into a constructed reality of my own delusional making.
There is solace in a simple world where you know exactly who your friends and enemies are and everything can be traced back to Catholic Jewish Nazicommunist Space Lizards.

Young man, I was once in your shoes
I said, I was down and out with the blues
I felt no man cared if I were alive
I felt the whole world was so tight
That's when someone came up to me
And said, young man, take a walk up the street
There's a place there called the YMCA
They can start you back on your way
It's fun to stay at the YMCA
It's fun to stay at the YMCA

The biggest reason to have nowhere to go is that where you are is the best place you could be...so I would just enjoy being there.

I left my parents when 18yo and I find that good for me. I have no place of my own since then (with the exception of small room in my grant parents where I spend couple weeks/months every year) and I find that good too.

After being sent to prison by a military court for a crime I didn't commit, I'd promptly escape from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground and, still wanted by the government, survive as a soldier of fortune.

Nowhere, obviously.

And let me tell you, I'd look pretty fudging dapper when I do:

Off my 24th floor balcony.

Nowhere, obviously.

And let me tell you, I'd look pretty ****ing dapper when I do:

Dapper, but not as streamlined as John Cooper Clarke in his prime. Plenty of sound advice
of where to go too.

Let's think about this...
If I have no place to go means I don't have to go to work. :smoke:
Historically, this meant I had to go out and look for a job, but being that I "have to place to go," I must not need a job. I am rich! :goodjob:

I once toyed with a situation like this, i.e. what would I do during retirement. Sufficient income; no duties.
I thought about driving around the world, "car camping" as I went. That is, sleeping in my car.

From Los Angeles, I would drive to Quebec.
There, I would put my car on a boat to Edinburgh. I myself would fly to Iceland, see things there, and then fly on to pick up my car.
Next, I would drive south down the length of Britain.
My original plan was to drive through the Chunnel, but I later learned, it was for trains only. So, I'd ferry across the Channel.

My original plan was to drive to Spain, cross the Strait of Gibraltar, and drive the coastal road around Africa.
Oops, Africa has no coastal road. :blush:
Looking for an alternative, I checked to see if there is a Cairo to Capetown road. There is but it carries a warning, bring an off-road vehicle.
So, Africa was out. :nono:

My route shifted to driving through France to Italy.
Halfway down the boot, is a ferry to Greece.
I'd drive across Greece over to the Aegean, put my car in storage, and winter on once of the Greek isles. :cool:

Come spring, I'd drive north over the Alps, through Germany to Denmark.
There's a bridge/tunnel from Denmark to Sweden that I'd like to drive.
I'd head north to Stockholm, use a ferry to cross to St. Petersburg because I really want to see the Hermitage.
Then I'd head south to Riga. I've seen pictures of it, and it's charming.

A long trek across Russia would take me to the northern side of the Himalayas, which hopefully I'd cross before winter closes in.
I'd like to see a bit of India before I'd drive southeast to Singapore. I put my car on a boat to Perth, and fly to meet it.

From Perth, I drive along the southern and eastern coasts of Australia.
Then another boat would take me to New Zealand, and I'd drive the length of iit.

From there, I'd send my car by boat to Chili.
I'd ignore the PanAmerican Highway and instead would drive over the Andes, and head up the eastern coast of South America.
I drive north to the TransAmazonian Highway, which is passable 8 months a year.
I'd pick up the PanAmerican Highway, and it'd be north back to Los Angeles.

So, that's where I'd go if I had no place to go. :thumbsup:

From Los Angeles, I would drive to Quebec.
If you're serious about a car trip in any way, you need to drive across Canada. Each province is unique, and you've apparently opted to eliminate Atlantic Canada and the Maritimes... :(

Oh, come... I'm sure your little red and yellow transportation thing can get you somewhere... :p

Top Bottom