• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

which middle earth race do you belong to?

Hah, I'm obviously mighty enough of a wizard to fool this test into thinking I'm a Numenorean!

Damn it who gave a Hobbit? I'll do the test again.

You just wait until I get something better. :mad:

Well I´m a human here, why shouldn´t i be a human in Middle-Earth : )

Originally posted by SoCalian
I'm a hobbit:) i think the reason that most people are getting Numenorian, is because when people take quizes such as this one, they tend to answer on what they subconciously wish and belive that they are. This often means that ansews tend to portray what a person subcanciously believes are the best human characteristics, and since Tolkien ment for the Numenorians to be the epitomie of good human charactarists (at least in a classical western view) Westerners will naturaly have a tendancy towards the Numenorian, because such values are so heavily ingrained in the Western pshyce(sp?).

I dont think so, I mean look at the questions- most of them really are questions of personal prefernce
like "What would best serve to commemorate a great deed or hero?" or "What is the greatest art?", and "Where would you prefer to settle?" I think that rather the CFC community is made of a large group of like minded people- and that like mind happen to point straight at the Numenorians

Rohirrim

Not too bad. Would have been more interesting if you could be orc or something like that. :)

Ummmm Human! But really, I find the horsemen of Rohan quite appealing.

And hey look, that is what I am. Apparantly what I found appealing about the Rohirrim in the story, translated to the survey.

Don't get me started, with who Numenor is. Just think of what would happen if Xen tried to summarixe the entirety of byzantine history in one post, and you'll see my point.

hoom! hoom! I am Entish.

And they say the race of Numenor is dying out amoungst men. They obviously haven't been to CFC. :D

Originally posted by Sobieski II

Who were they anyways? Any way related to Gondor?

In short, the Numenor were the first men to come to Middle Earth and begin to build and live. They eventually died out, IIRC, but their blood still flowed in the veins of their ancestors. The numenor lived longer than regular men too, and Aragorn was part Numenor. He lived, like, way longer than regular men did.

Don't get me started, with who Numenor is. Just think of what would happen if Xen tried to summarixe the entirety of byzantine history in one post, and you'll see my point.

It is hard to summarize all the LotR stuff I know. I just yakked my aunt's ear off last night talking about Tolkien. :lol: I love Lord of the Rings. :)

To expand what Superevie said...the men of Numenor were the descendents of the great race of Edain (Elvish for men) who fought with the Elves of Feanor against Morgoth in the now-sunken part of Middle-earth called Beleriand. The Elves in gratitude allowed these men to travel West over the Sea, but not to the heavenly continent of Valinor, where the servants of God lived. Instead, they were allowed a new island between Middle-earth and Valinor, called Numenore. These men who came to live there built a great empire that had control of the western coast of Middle-earth. The chief language they used was Quenya, the language of the High-Elves. Later, however, when they captured Sauron, they began to be arrogant and self-important because of the Dark Lord's lies. Their new ambition was to conquer Valinor, forgetting the Ban placed on them to never touch that sacred land. When the servants of God caught wind of this, and saw the Numenoreans' ships trying to reach their shore, they promptly sunk Numenore and all the people who lived on it. Indeed, this lost land was later known as Akallabeth, or Atalante - Atlantis. Those who were still faithful to God and who still used the Elven tongue came to Middle-earth and settled in the North and East, forming the kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor. It is clear then to see Aragorn's lineage from what the Elves called the Numenoreans, the Dunedain.

Originally posted by CivCube
To expand what Superevie said...the men of Numenor were the descendents of the great race of Edain (Elvish for men) who fought with the Elves of Feanor against Morgoth in the now-sunken part of Middle-earth called Beleriand. The Elves in gratitude allowed these men to travel West over the Sea, but not to the heavenly continent of Valinor, where the servants of God lived. Instead, they were allowed a new island between Middle-earth and Valinor, called Numenore. These men who came to live there built a great empire that had control of the western coast of Middle-earth. The chief language they used was Quenya, the language of the High-Elves. Later, however, when they captured Sauron, they began to be arrogant and self-important because of the Dark Lord's lies. Their new ambition was to conquer Valinor, forgetting the Ban placed on them to never touch that sacred land. When the servants of God caught wind of this, and saw the Numenoreans' ships trying to reach their shore, they promptly sunk Numenore and all the people that lived on it. Indeed, this lost land was later known as Akallabeth, or Atalante - Atlantis. Those who were still faithful to God and who still used the Elven tongue came to Middle-earth and settled in the North and East, forming the kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor. It is clear then to see Aragorn's lineage from the Elvish term for the Numenoreans, Dunedain.

OMG, you know so much about LotR. Most people I know don't even get half of it. I think I'm in love. :love:

Originally posted by SeleucusNicator
I couldn't finish the quiz because of the "who would you like to serve under" question. I had never heard of any of them.

I finished it, though that question stumped me too. I've only heard of Faramir.

Anyway, I got the results I wanted. :D

Top Bottom