Which movies have you watched? ' --not an iota of bad movies; but maybe bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler :
Not sure how serious you're being with that answer, but if that's all he was after there was no need to keep making new versions. The models he had were already sufficient for that particular use.
Well about half and half... Androids (artificial intelligent humanoid robots) are built to be used. You would probably want to use them in a field where it is either physically not possible to use humans (e.g. hazard environments like radiation or space) or the morality is doubtable
Spoiler :
Sex slaves, for Manhunts, as cannon fodder whatever you can think off -
also beware that human trafficking is already estimated a $30bn business per year

In the end you probably don't want to replace your standard human employee because they are usually quite cheap.

Yeah, but why go to all that effort to replicate human emotion and intellect if all you want is a simple laborer. Why does it need to be so human-like?

Would you take a date to
X Men First Class (Saving the world without time travel)?

I wouldn't take anyone to that piece of trash. :thumbsdown: At least the filmmakers could have spent 15 minutes on Wikipedia in order to get this history right. Some of us were there you know. [pissed]

Star Trek Renegades. Not your Abrahams type take on Star Trek, but as a pilot it wasn't half bad. Bit of a holesome plot with yet another evil person wanting to destroy Earth.

Sakuran. Melodrama after a manga series about an oiran (courtesan or prostitute) with sometimes quite disfunctional music, which I understand was intentional.

I recently rewatched Die Hard, as awesome as always.

Also watched Fantastic Mr. Fox, a wonderful display of style by Wes Anderson.

I wouldn't take anyone to that piece of trash. :thumbsdown: At least the filmmakers could have spent 15 minutes on Wikipedia in order to get this history right. Some of us were there you know. [pissed]

I liked the film. What you're also forgetting is that it's not taking place in our world, pretty clearly, but in one that resembles it in almost every respect.

Chronicle (2012)
Actually, pretty good take on the "Carrie"-like theme of what ordinary people could do with extraordinary power.

8/10

Fantastic 4. A nice movie for kids. Lots of action, some tecno sciency stuff, the simplest of drama.

Return of the Atom, a documentary about the construction of the Finnish nuclear reactor Olkiluoto 3, the first one in Western Europe since the Chernobyl incident. Highlights issues such as poor planning (like not building drainage before foundations), underhanded tactics (like harassment of opponents), and waste disposal (tunneling causing tremors). Quite thought-provoking. Some questionable things like the strange noises played during some scenes (supposed to be eerie, but I just find it ridiculous), no interviews with Finnish government officials, and does not cover more recent developments (justified, since they ran out of budget).

Watched Brazil, then I watched The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Terry Gilliam is a pretty cool guy, but I think he might have driven me slightly psychotic watching his films while sleep deprived.

Also saw Citizenfour recently, definitely a must watch.

Ghostbusters (1984). The special effects haven't aged well, but it's still far better than the current crop of visually smooth crap with very bad plots.
Terminator. The original one. Impossible not to love. Pure 80s.
Isn't it really a slasher flick with hi-tech instead of weird curses from the past?
Die Hard. I was interested to see it again because of Alan Rickman. I heard it was his first movie, and he agreed to do after seeing that all the black characters were intelligent and well portrayed rather than being a typical stereotype.
Interesting little tidbit.

Yes it is. And it is awesome.

I saw AI and The Amazing Spiderman yesterday. I really wasn't a fan of the first, but the second I thought was better in some ways than Tobey Maguire's outings.

I remember loving AI when I was a kid but I recently re-watched it and I couldn't stand it. It was boring and long for one and the techno-babble ending was just stupid.

^That is the old re-reboot of Spiderman, get with the times :)

I think they created those two movies to try to salvage the franchise after Spiderman3 and its cringe memes...

Sony did the reboots just to keep the film rights.

I hate Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom