Which television shows are you watching? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, it has always been the case that one cannot start the same serial thread twice in a row. The poster of #1000 has 24 hours to make the new thread, followed by #999 and #998 24 and 48 hours later. After 72 hours, anyone else can make it. That will remain the same until the administrators rule otherwise.

That is news to me. I recall other back to back serial threads, and I also was under the impression that after 1000 the one with 1001 gets to start it.
Anyway, maybe lock this one and be done with it. CFC is serious business.

Back on topic:
Daria and awaiting the second season of The Rookie.
As far as I know, it has always been the case that one cannot start the same serial thread twice in a row.
This is a silly rule instituted in those far-off days when I was in university and thus had the time and stamina to stalk a thread until I could recapture it over and over.

Back on topic:
Daria and awaiting the second season of The Rookie.

This is a silly rule instituted in those far-off days when I was in university and thus had the time and stamina to stalk a thread until I could recapture it over and over.

Do you know which Daria episode is the one with the kid that killed himself and everyone was asking Daria how to cope with depression?

Do you know which Daria episode is the one with the kid that killed himself and everyone was asking Daria how to cope with depression?

that episode is called "my diary desu", season 2 episode 6 I believe.

I've checked the list of episodes on wikipedia and it's the last episode on S1: ‘The misery chick’.

It seems reasonable that a community tradition should have protections in place to prevent only one person within said community from simply camping the tradition for themselves.

Stranger Things season 3 was fantastic. I thought seasons 1 and 2 were average at best, but the 3rd really knocked it out of the park.

It seems reasonable that a community tradition should have protections in place to prevent only one person within said community from simply camping the tradition for themselves.

Stranger Things season 3 was fantastic. I thought seasons 1 and 2 were average at best, but the 3rd really knocked it out of the park.
Speaking of tradition. You are scheduled for a duel with Kyriakos. It will be held following the conclusion of a public vote on the weapons. The vote choices are; Dueling pistols, Swords, Fish, Bananas or Remote-Controlled Radioactive Cyborg Monkeys.

Speaking of tradition. You are scheduled for a duel with Kyriakos. It will be held following the conclusion of a public vote on the weapons. The vote choices are; Dueling pistols, Swords, Fish, Bananas or Remote-Controlled Radioactive Cyborg Monkeys.

Can the duel be... downtown?

I usually do épée fencing for this kind of resolution. I'm sure Synsensa can't compete (more of a foil type, possibly).
I started fencing because in the 2004 Olympics it was promoted, including scholarship deals and I wanted to make sure a school bully/enemy didn't get the funding, so got into the team to effectively make him lose that funding since his family didn't plan to keep paying for him to be in our private school and I hated him. But that's another story. But yes, in a way that makes me a foil type too.

I usually do épée fencing for this kind of resolution. I'm sure Synsensa can't compete (more of a foil type, possibly).
I started fencing because in the 2004 Olympics it was promoted, including scholarship deals and I wanted to make sure a school bully/enemy didn't get the funding, so got into the team to effectively make him lose that funding since his family didn't plan to keep paying for him to be in our private school and I hated him. But that's another story. But yes, in a way that makes me a foil type too.
Joke's on you, I'm a big fan of peepee fencing.

@Mouthwash regarding the Witcher teaser in the previous thread: yes, I liked all 3 games very much.
Also read some stories, but surprisingly didn't really get into them. Was expecting a proper epic trilogy or something, instead they felt like loosely connected novellas. No idea whether it was the translation or what, but Sapkowski's prose failed to impress me.

Anyway, what about that 1 minute teaser made you throw up? Such a thing is only good for gauging production values at best, and these seemed generous enough...

@Mouthwash regarding the Witcher teaser in the previous thread: yes, I liked all 3 games very much.
Also read some stories, but surprisingly didn't really get into them. Was expecting a proper epic trilogy or something, instead they felt like loosely connected novellas. No idea whether it was the translation or what, but Sapkowski's prose failed to impress me.

The first two books are short story collections, which are still important to read before the novels. I'm surprised you didn't like them. You could just start off with Blood of Elves if you really can't stand it (although things don't really start feeling 'epic' until Time of Contempt), but you're going to have some gaps in your knowledge.

Anyway, what about that 1 minute teaser made you throw up? Such a thing is only good for gauging production values at best, and these seemed generous enough...

Everything. Literally everything. I don't know what sort of production standards you're used to. As for how they compare to the novels, let's just say I thought even Witcher 3 was a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom