While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prove? I'm not proving anything. I'm just bringing it back to the original reason I started plugging the game. It wasn't a rhetorical technique, and I don't think I'll change anyone's mind about the tech tree without them at least trying mine out, I can't prove anything.

But that's fine, I don't have to spend my free time trying to prove things in WWW or New NES threads, sometimes I'll try to "make points" there but I never "prove" things or put so much effort into "making points" that it goes over into "trying to prove something." If I want to prove something to the NES forum about how an NES works, then what I need to do is run a workable game that survives the test of time. So I spend my free time running that game instead. And not just to "prove something" but more because I just enjoy the hell out of it.

Actually, it seems like you "spend" a "lot" of time advertizing the game and then complaining "when" people don't seem to hold to "your" "vision" of how an NES is "run." Culminating "in" a prolonged series of "remarks" which seem to be driving "at" the idea that alternative visions of "NESing" (oops, the sneer quotes actually "make sense" here) aren't fun, or aren't sustainable, or are"n't" something or other. Your assertion that "you" are just doing what you enjoy would stand up except for this "track" record.

Yes, I've spent too much time advertising the game lately. I'm sorry, you are right on that count. I'll cut it out.

But I am not the one who has emotional reactions to this discussion. Please calm down NK.

Yeah, I did not mean to open up a can of worms. Don't get discouraged or anything, Skilord, I personally feel you're a better moderator than myself for being able to consistently produce updates, regardless of the system you are using.

Yeah, mocking a post that overuses sneer quotes means I'm overemotional.

Mocking in general usually implies that, and even if you're not overemotional, I'd mock a little less if I were you. :)

The reason I haven't joined Absolution 4 isn't because of the tech tree, it's because there are stuff like Traits, that while nicely executed and seemingly balanced, just isn't me. I don't like unique units in NESes either. Stuff like that. I think SKILORD seems to be doing a good job though: Even though I must contend I haven't read much beyond the rules post.

Not really. It's pretty detached. And I mock mostly because that's an incredibly annoying (not to mention condescending) way to write.

Be my guest: I simply do not believe mocking is an effective way to change behavior. :)

Wah wah! Someone listen to me! My NES isn't popular even though I shout about it to everyone! Why does everyone dislike me? :(

Thank God, Lucky, I saw you defending tech trees and I was worried that the feud was off. It's good to know where I stand.

-

All of this just starts with me making one post, I mean, I really don't try to saturate threads with ads for the thing. But when everyone jumps down my goddamn throat every time it exaggerates the perceived time and space I spend advertising it. Look, I already apologized, I've learned my lesson. When I bring it up, everyone jumps down my goddamn throat. I will stop bringing it up.

c'est la vie.

Actually, it seems like you "spend" a "lot" of time advertizing the game and then complaining "when" people don't seem to hold to "your" "vision" of how an NES is "run." Culminating "in" a prolonged series of "remarks" which seem to be driving "at" the idea that alternative visions of "NESing" (oops, the sneer quotes actually "make sense" here) aren't fun, or aren't sustainable, or are"n't" something or other. Your assertion that "you" are just doing what you enjoy would stand up except for this "track" record.
Moderator Action: Up to here things were OK.Being annoyed is one thing, telling us all about it is not really necessary. I do applaud your indirect approach through.

Yes, I've spent too much time advertising the game lately. I'm sorry, you are right on that count. I'll cut it out.

But I am not the one who has emotional reactions to this discussion. Please calm down NK.
Moderator Action: This takes things to a "too" personal level; you should have stopped after the the first paragraph.

Yeah, mocking a post that overuses sneer quotes means I'm overemotional.
Moderator Action: Gratuitous response without much value that mostly keeps the mess alive so others join in.

Mocking in general usually implies that, and even if you're not overemotional, I'd mock a little less if I were you. :)

The reason I haven't joined Absolution 4 isn't because of the tech tree, it's because there are stuff like Traits, that while nicely executed and seemingly balanced, just isn't me. I don't like unique units in NESes either. Stuff like that. I think SKILORD seems to be doing a good job though: Even though I must contend I haven't read much beyond the rules post.
Moderator Action: The first sentence adds fuel to the fire; the rest is a nice attempt to get things back on a worthwhile track. thanks.

Not really. It's pretty detached. And I mock mostly because that's an incredibly annoying (not to mention condescending) way to write.
Moderator Action: The personal finger-pointing only furthers discontent.

Be my guest: I simply do not believe mocking is an effective way to change behavior. :)
Moderator Action: More useless fanning of the flames.

Wah wah! Someone listen to me! My NES isn't popular even though I shout about it to everyone! Why does everyone dislike me? :(
Moderator Action: And more join the fray.

Moderator Action: Let's move along please.

Sorry.

So, uh, DominionsNES just updated and my nation of insanity, Myrde, is in an even deeper mess than before. Which is actually what I want to happen. Has any of you ever made a nation with the intention of driving it recklessly through a looney self-created challenge? Right now I'm intentionally throwing all economy out the window because it doesn't suit the flavor of Myrde. People are much more willing to play with corpses than to keep themselves alive.

Sorry.

So, uh, DominionsNES just updated and my nation of insanity, Myrde, is in an even deeper mess than before. Which is actually what I want to happen. Has any of you ever made a nation with the intention of driving it recklessly through a looney self-created challenge? Right now I'm intentionally throwing all economy out the window because it doesn't suit the flavor of Myrde. People are much more willing to play with corpses than to keep themselves alive.

I am actually wondering what the hell you are up to and how long it will be before I have to deal with it. :mad:

I am actually wondering what the hell you are up to and how long it will be before I have to deal with it. :mad:

Oh, don't worry. Sickness and madness is plentily fine having as a neighbour. It can never hurt to have infected imagery next door which invokes insanity and makes you physically sick too. :3

On top of the insanity, my population is falling sick to diseases due to hunger and rolling around in their own filth and blood.

Don't forget the sheep mages. You have sheep mages, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom