who is better at communication

are Women better at communicating than men?

All Female input is welcomed!

Well?

:D

Depends on which style you prefer, short and to the point or detailed. For the most part, though, there's little real difference between the genders, it varies from individual to individual too much.

Perfection said:
For the most part, yes, they have more brain real estate devoted to verbal communication.
Two things I learned in psychology:

Womens' communication advantages is really girls' communication advantage; the gender gap is mostly closed by adulthood.

The individuals' difference is bigger than the genders' difference.

It depends on what is being said! I know many women that can communicate a whole lotta' nothing! :p

Seriously, though, it depends on the subject matter, for the most part (a generalization to be sure).

For instance, in matters of emotions, I'd venture a chick would do the trick (although I wouldn't know, having my emotions surgical removed last year).

And if I need to kill or destroy something, I'd guess a man could communicate quite well!

Hygro said:
Womens' communication advantages is really girls' communication advantage; the gender gap is mostly closed by adulthood.
From my psych course I've heard differently

Hygro said:
The individuals' difference is bigger than the genders' difference.
Most definitly.

Perfection said:
From my psych course I've heard differently
We should fight.

Perfection said:
Do you have any good source for your info?
My psychology textbook? I'm not going to be sticking by my statement because I've missed so much school this year to Lyme Disease that I haven't kept up, but I'm pretty sure I learned this.

however, I still contend we should fight. What's halfway between where we live, Utah?

I'm not a good representative of the female gender since I don't consider myself good in communication.

From my own experience, I don't truely believe that one gender is better than the other. Each gender have different ways to communicate, I guess that's true, however there are good communicators and bad communicators in both cases.

If women were really better than men in communication, all politicians would be female.

In my experience, women are better communicators. The difference lies in the styles of each gender. Men tend to be more direct; women tend to be more emotional.

Go into almost any internet chat room, and you will see the ratio of good conversationalists, tilted towards the women. Lots of men know how to communicate with each other, but not with women. And perhaps the #2 complaint I hear from my many ladyfriends (after "all he wants is sex"), is that "he's boring" or "he can't carry a conversation". I think this is because men try to skip the "friendship" stage of a relationship, and move on to other things.

All of these are generalizations, of course. Your mileage may vary. ;)

HamaticBabylon said:
Absolutely! if her lips moves...it's communication! :mad:
Even if her hips move, it's communication! ;)

If her eyes shift, it's communication. If a guy shifts his eyes, he's just randomly looking at something.

Quasar1011 said:
if her hips move, it's communication! ;)

In the immortal words of Kip from the movie Napoleon Dynamite " Now thats what I'm talkin' about!"

on a serious note, evidence indicates females have a natural advatage in lingual skills, while males have the advatage in observation, or somthgin along thos elines; though I've heared that homosexual men have the lingual trait of women, and homosexual females have the trait as men, indicating its not neccissaril;yl the gender per-say, but soem side effect of the domiant (sexual) hormone.

HamaticBabylon said:
are Women better at communicating than men?

All Female input is welcomed!

Well?

:D

Yes - as a rule of thumb, women are more interested in communication, men are more interested in sex.

While it is true that men are more intrested in sex, some of us have learned that having good communication skills help us get her into bed.

Perfection - just because they have more communication "real estate," do we know that it is indeed taken advantage of?

Top Bottom