Who says the American government doesn't disappear people without trial? NEW MEXICO!!

Good god, yet another thread that shows Formaldehyde and MobBoss can't be in the same room for any period of time without soaking threads in negativity and throat-cutting.

Yeah, I tend to be a little sensitive when people try to paint me as being in favor of guys getting tossed into cells for a couple of years for no reason. Pardon me.

Yeah, I tend to be a little sensitive when people try to paint me as being in favor of guys getting tossed into cells for a couple of years for no reason. Pardon me.

Hey, I didn't say anything negative about either of ya, except that you can't be in the same room for any period of time greater than 0 seconds.

Hey, I didn't say anything negative about either of ya, except that you can't be in the same room for any period of time greater than 0 seconds.

I think they're in loooooooove :love:

I think they're in loooooooove :love:

No, and I dont think anyone, least of all me, wants to turn this into a thread where we discuss how we feel about one another.

Do you?

If not, lets try and steer this thing back on course.

I'm not excusing this at all. In fact, i'm shocked that charges werent brought up on those invovled...they should have been. Those responsible should have been tossed into this guys cell once he was let out of it.

That doesnt change the fact that the guy got a great settlement out of it, and for certain more than a few would be willing to put up with such abuse for that amount of money.

I would do it in a heartbeat (if I didn't have a gf).

I stayed on a Navy ship for 6 months for less than $10,000, so I'm sure I could do this.

Well there's probably less gay sex in solitary than there was on the Navy ship to keep you entertained, so I'm not so sure.
Spoiler :
:p

I don't think most people (and I admittedly put myself in there) would turn down the $15 million.

I certainly wouldn't turn it down, nor would I turn down the $1 million in concert tickets from the insurance company when my house burns down. It's better than nothing. But that doesn't make it at all relevant to the harm suffered; doesn't allow us to absolve those involved and say "everything has turned out okay" (and I'm not saying people are absolving those involved, but there is certainly more than a hint of the latter sentiment). Or to use what is perhaps a more relatable example, if, God forbid, some negligent driver ran down Suki, you would not say that some monetary award deemed as roughly 'equivalent' is truly compensation, much less find it acceptable if people made comments like 'fair trade' or 'good deal'. You'd naturally take the compensation, but no-one would or should feel any less sympathy for you, or think that somehow there has been no net loss.

I havent 'rationalized it' or 'defended' what happened to this guy at all.
Is that right:

So that makes it alright does it :rolleyes:

But it's good to know how much government sponsored abuse conservatives will excuse.
Nuff said.

Good god, yet another thread that shows Formaldehyde and MobBoss can't be in the same room for any period of time without soaking threads in negativity and throat-cutting.
And yet another thread where you are hypocritically discussing me instead of the topic. :crazyeye:

And yet another thread where you are hypocritically discussing me instead of the topic. :crazyeye:

I'm not sure how this is hypocritical? I don't remember making statements in this thread to the point of "I think we should discuss the topic?"

Or do you just lash out at anyone who puts your name in a quote box or something?

Is that right:

Uh...Form..neither of those quotes you link is MINE!!!! And neither of those are even close to being accurate as to the context of my posts.

I mean really...wtf is wrong with you? I've stated clearly and plainly so that even you couldnt misinterpret what i've said...but you keep on trying to give it the ol' liberal arts try.

Nuff said.

If only. If only.

Or do you just lash out at anyone who puts your name in a quote box or something?

:yup:

Top Bottom