Wikileaks -- Israel keeps Gaza "on brink of economic collapse."

Can't be trusted this news source. Especially the tone and langauge which is used is designed to appeal to emotion rather then methodic look at the facts. It assumes the reader is automatically coming from an anti-israeli position which doesn't make it very fun to read if your not.

Can't be trusted this news source. Especially the tone and langauge which is used is designed to appeal to emotion rather then methodic look at the facts. It assumes the reader is automatically coming from an anti-israeli position which doesn't make it very fun to read if your not.
Go look up the cable at wikileaks if you want.

Isn't the HuffingtonPost the Fox News of the left?

In some ways, yes. They've a transparent agenda. Their reporting is probably double-checked, because their phrasing might lead you to the wrong conclusion. I'd use a grain of salt with the spin they put on their reporting, because they might lead a reader to an incomplete and biased view.

I don't know if a story like like can be overly biased with the direct reporting. What's the headline "Govt intentionally blockading in order to cause economic harm"? We all knew that.

Whether it's a violation of International Law, of course, is what can be debated. In that debate, I might worry about HuffPo giving biased commentary.

Well, I guess the important question is, why would you consider a news source trustworthy? They can be mined for information, but to swallow their stories whole is always a bad idea. Damn Brits with your BBC, I don't know how to explain it. I guess NPR is supposed to be unbiased but I frankly don't trust them and always assume they have a hidden agenda. Not because it's publicly owned, but because they are information brokers and in my (Yanqui) experience such people are all loaded up on someagenda, there's always so much news they aren't telling you that the only way to explain what stories are chosen are their market agendas and yellow journalism schemes and not in a way to edify people or to help them construct a better reality.

HuffPo is what it is, and it has it's flaws, I don't use them as my exclusive news source, but sometimes they have good stories. Besides which this thread is not about a HuffPo article so much as a Wiki-leak.

Oddly enough, Arianna Huffington started out as a conservative.

Well, I guess the important question is, why would you consider a news source trustworthy?

It's important to know the good news sources and the bad ones, though. Different news sources inform and misinform to different degrees.. Some news sources create a misinformed audience (in some aspects). Some create an informed audience.

This is the problem with FOX, in that the viewers actually become misinformed on certain topics, in very extreme ways. Not from the facts that they report, but due to the psychological tricks that're used. Often intentionally. Sometimes due to bias.

Seriously though, this is a blog which is a part of the Mail on Sunday. It isn't typical Daily Mail stuff - it is the only thing I go onto the site to read.

If your that closed minded to not even click and read the thing your just a bigot.

I was :lol:ing at the part of your post that I bolded. ;)

EDIT: I see you did it again ;) I'll let you work it out for yourself. I'm sure you're capable of that.

(ooh, a hint there)

Your missing the point.

It is a blog affliated with the paper.

The high standards of the blog shouldn't be associated with the low standards of the paper.

Can't be trusted this news source.
Once again, it isn't a "news source". It posts editorials, not news stories.

The high standards of the blog shouldn't be associated with the low standards of the paper.
So you don't want people confusing a blog that posts opinions with the sleazy newspaper which sponsors it, but you take exception when Huff Post does exactly the same thing from a different perspective?

This particular post of this particular blog is just an example of balanced and fair reporting which I would like to see more of.

It is lunchtime in the world's biggest prison camp, and I am enjoying a rather good caffe latte in an elegant beachfront cafe. Later I will visit the sparkling new Gaza Mall, and then eat an excellent beef stroganoff in an elegant restaurant.
Yeah. That is an accurate portrayal of the life of the average person in Gaza, alright. You can't possibly ask for anything more "fair and balanced" than that. :lol:

That is the very first line. Read the whole article and you will get a taste of the reasonableness I sense.

For instance, our Prime Minister, David Cameron, recently fawned on his Islamist hosts in Turkey by stating Gaza was a 'prison camp'. This phrase is the official line of the well-funded Arab and Muslim lobby, who want to make sure Israel is seen by the world as a villainous oppressor.
I see what you mean. That is indeed the epitome of "fair and balanced". You frequently see words like "fawn" and phrases like "villainous oppressor" used by all the highbrow news organizations, such as Fox News and other organizations owned by Rupert Murdoch.

No wonder you don't like Huff Po. They just don't have that jingoistic tabloid sensationalism figured out yet, like all those other reputable news sources.

Isn't the HuffingtonPost the Fox News of the left?
It's a WikiLeaks cable, Quackie.
It doesn't help that Israel's PR department is headed by Dr. Evil. Everything. They. Do. Makes. Them. Look. Bad.

Seizing aid ships? Collective punishment? White phosphorus? What's next? Are you going to tell me they assassinate people with missile strikes?
Have you read Newsweek's end-of-year interview issue? Avigdor Liberman is a complete nutjob.

Top Bottom