1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Would alien life eat us?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Snoopy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

Just because it's bad for then, doesn't mean they wouldn't eat it. Hell look at all the stuff Human eat everyday.

2. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Maybe they'd be neutral.

Maybe they'd lick us but not actually eat us.

3. say1988

say1988 Deity

Slavery decreases in value as technology increase, due to decreasing needs for labour and the need for more skill and education.
    Small scale slavery for certain purposes (i.e. current sexual slavery or domestic service) where technology is of little value isn't out of the question, but it is unlikely large scale slave labour would be viable with technology advanced enough for regular interstellar travel.

4. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Zerg
    Aliens
    Tyranids

5. Rashiminos

Rashiminos Fool Prophet

Borg.

6. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

You're discounting for culture though. We have many things that have outlived society's needs and even have became obsolete with modern science, but still closely hold on to, the most notable example being Religion. (Which could also be a reason for keeping slavery, though I guess that ties in with culture.)

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Prince

Why is almost everyone assuming I meant intelligent aliens? It's totally irrelevant. The question is can alien life eat us, not "what alternative uses can they do with us other than eating?" I'm sure intelligent aliens could boil us into a stew, add some alien spices and sprinkle their make-edible powder.

Here, I'll retype the question for the children: Can an alien-like Lion eat us?

8. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

see my post above. 1 in 4 chance I believe.

9. Snoopy

Snoopy Prince

I saw your post and looked into Spin Direction. Unfortunately, most scientists are quite firm that DNA could not have formed anywhere else.