1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTP] Quick questions

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Chieftain

Having collected a "collection" of all those who escaped, I had a question: is it possible to correct the image of the revolving natives? they copy exactly the native mercenaries and confusion can occur (especially for beginners).
    most likely this is a question for @Schmiddie

2. Hibernian

Hibernian Chieftain

Where do I find the secondary colour of a player ? I want to play in green but with the English colonies. Plus I still want another English AI player in red.
    I found CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and changed PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_RED to PLAYERCOLOR_RUSSIA so I have my green colonies. However I can not find the secondary English colour which I want to change to PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_RED then. Right now it is an orange colour which is too similar to the Dutch AI player.

3. Sarin

Sarin Prince

Alright, decided to go back and try out 2.8. With all the mods I've played in the past, my memory is fuzzy...can I capture ships? Specifically...my King asked me to take out Portugese, so I asked for reinforcements...so now we both have a Man'o War. Can I capture it somehow?

TheIO likes this.
  4. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Chieftain

there is some chance to capture the attacked ship.. Ctrl+S/Ctrl+L will help you

5. PH2

PH2 Chieftain

I have a very minor "annoyance" that I'd love to see fixed - occasionally I will have a unit or ship at a village that gets surrounded by another country's culture and effectively blocks me from getting the unit out. Is there any way to just *bump* that unit outside the culture? I have a unit right now that was learning at a village and I can't get him out, can't even attempt to negotiate open borders. So he's just stuck there.

6. Hibernian

Hibernian Chieftain

I don't think I ever had that scenario myself. You could probably use the world editor when it is that unit's turn and remove the culture, then move the unit. Next turn the culture should automatically come back so you don't break anything.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Warlord Supporter

You can negotiate open borders with that AI to move it out after improving relations, e.g. gifts, aid, trading...

8. PH2

PH2 Chieftain

In yesterday's example, I didn't even have open borders as a possibility (it wasn't even on the negotiation list, not that it was just red).

9. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

Declare war!

10. SadJohn

SadJohn Chieftain

The reduced colony distance option don`t work as intended or maybe I`m missing smth? I own 3x3 area that is 1 tile away of all other cities, but I can`t build a settlemen on these spots (save A). But when I captred nearest rival`s city one spot 2 tiles away of all other settlements became available for bilding. What can be wrong?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  11. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

If there were new graphics (e.g. created by Schmiddie) it would be pretty easy to do.
    But it needs somebody capable of creating nice unit graphis.

12. schueler

schueler Chieftain

Hello,

is there a way to reduce the density of native towns on a maps? Thy python map generation scripts seemingly do not control placement of native settlements. Where in the map creation pipeline does settlement placement happen and can this potentially be adjusted?

Edit: My bad, there is already another thread asking something similiar. I didn't see it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  13. Will The Viking

Will The Viking Chieftain

Dont worry Schueler, I didn't really find a solution! The only one seems to be deleting villages, which obviously means you can see the whole map and feels like cheating. Not sure if there is a solution.

14. Neko Keeshi

Neko Keeshi Chieftain

Has anyone setup a discord server for this mod?

15. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Chieftain

everything works fine through Steam

16. JustAnotherOldGuy

JustAnotherOldGuy Chieftain

I’m pulling my hair out in frustration. I found this awesome MOD for colonization and despite following the instructions word for word i am dying trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I thought I figured it out last night and it said it was loading the mod but when I got to the start screen it clearly didn’t load right. I think I’ve copied the wrong file or something to that extent. I even resorted to watching a video on YouTube for install and did everything the instructor said to do and still didn’t work. The only thing that concerned me about his method was...he only downloaded 1 of 2 zip files on the new release. Where as if you scroll all the way to the bottom till you get to the first release outside the beta the instructions say to download two different zip files but then the order of which you unzip them becomes fuzzy. I’m starting to wonder if YouTube guy already had 2nd zip installed and maybe that’s why he didn’t show that part. Where as I am a new user to the MOD and haven’t played any of the previous versions. I started re working it from a different angle last night but was getting late(midnight) and eyes and brain was hurting. Also, in first release it said make sure game is patched to 1.0.1 which I couldn’t figure that out. My steam is on auto updates and can’t figure out how to turn that off. Thought of maybe uninstalling game and redownloading from steam and then try adding the MOD.

Sorry for that book. But just figured it easier to copy and paste from a sent text message to a brother with better computer sense then me of what i tried thus far.

So I guess my question is, is there a new set of download and install instructions that i should be following?

17. Ramstormp

Ramstormp Chieftain

Good day,

I suppose you have extracted the We.The.People.2.8.zip or .rar to ..\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

And if you open the only folder in 'MODS' which might be 'We.The.People.2.8' (could be named differently for you but will probably be the only folder in there) there are 3 folders and nine files in there Assets, Project Files, Public Maps etc.?

I think I had a problem getting it to load in the past by starting the game and going to 'load a mod'.
    I had to open the file ..\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\ CivilizationIV.ini (which is 2nd from the bottom) scroll down to the middle of the file where it says:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none

Then change the next line to:

Mod = Mods\We.The.People.2.8 (if We.The.People.2.8 is the name of the folder that holds the folders Assets, Project Files, Public Maps etc, otherwise change it to whatever it is named for you.)

or maybe

Mod = Mods\We.The.People.2.8\We.The.People.2.8 if you accidentally created too many folders

Save the file, exit and start the game and see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  18. JustAnotherOldGuy

Thanks for the quick response, Ill give that a try as sooon as i get off work thanks... Really looking forward to playing this MOD it looks great. Been playing since Civ 1 and have to say Colonization was always my favorite growing up.

19. Ramstormp

Ramstormp Chieftain

It is hilarious what a terrible help I am. I said 3 folders in the 'Mod Name Folder' in MODS: Assets, Project Files, Public Maps... But there should actually be 5 folders in there, also including '1 city plot' and '2 city plot'.

Anyway, if I somehow succeeded in helping you with all this, on my behalf, the Danish colony must be wiped out by the year 1712 after you have sold them 47 bundles of wool cloth and a large pile of rope.

It is a terrific Mod

20. JustAnotherOldGuy

:bowdown:

Thanks soooooooo much. That definitely fixed the issue. About to get lost in it now. Any suggestions on nations to try out first. Danish looked appetizing lol