But I cannot get New Hope to work
Did you compile a new DLL with the source code provided? Otherwise it will not work.
(Because development branches just come with source code and no compiled DLL.)

CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair Current XML file is: xml\Terrain/Civ4FeatureInfos.xml
That is the very typical failure if there was no DLL compiled. DLL and XML do not match.
(Because then the game will fall back to DLL of vanilla which is not compatible to our XML.)

Last edited:
Did you compile a new DLL with the source code provided? Otherwise it will not work.
(Because development branches just come with source code and no compiled DLL.)

Nope. I think this is clearly above my level of competence :blush:. I will just wait for the full release. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

So it looks like they all use the same Registry key, which is good, but limited.
That's what I can find. Oddly enough I can't find the steam version despite it being installed :confused:
Did you install the GOG version after the Steam version? If so then it's probably just the second install overwriting the earlier one as they both use the same key.
The existing (unmaintained?) updater does find it through so I looked through the code
The NSIS file I have doesn't handle updates. It will install new versions in parallel as it uses the version in the path and keys. It's possible to do, I just didn't do it that way as I prefer to have parallel installs ... particularly pre-release :)

It's probably not worth handling dual installs directly due to it not being common, but the user can choose another colonization directory and it should install it there fine.
I will say that I wouldn't mind an installer, which doesn't trigger all the security in windows about unsigned code, hence dangerous code. It shouldn't be dangerous to run, but windows doesn't know that.
NSIS can do this using signtool.exe [1], but AIUI you need a signed certificate to avoid the UAC warning.

1: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55677829/how-can-i-sign-the-files-using-nsis#answer-70797528

The NSIS file I have doesn't handle updates.
The "update case" is not really that common anyways for official public releases.
We have major public releases in average like once a year - and one minor bugfix release maybe 3 months later.

So probably a normal installer (without update capability) is enough for our public releases. :thumbsup:
Everybody who supports internal development branches should work with GIT (to get regular updates) anyways.

So if you want to create an installer for us that sounds really cool. :hug:

Last edited:
NillerDNK , I tried install it at Sunday and got fail at install. I just tried it again, same way did it like Sunday and now all went fine.
So I downloaded in New Hope files git clone, then in directory Project Files, clicked Get Compiler and after I ran compile file. Then original mod 3.0.1 moved to backup directory and from New hope everything was moved to original 3.0.1 directory and then I started game like usually mod 3.0.1 and all went fine. Maybe try it now..
Anyway I only just tried few turns,but the game looks very very nice, thank you very much for all the efforts and we often play lan game,so we try play more turns,so if we discover any bugs, we let you know..

So if you want to create an installer for us that sounds really cool. :hug:
I can do it, but it would be easy to add it to the release process as it's one extra command to run after building the project. That way the exe could probably be added to the GitHub release page with the other release files.

I have observed a few times that when due to the food surplus a new unit is born these is not a settler.
Sometimes they are criminals and a few times political refugees. What influences this? Courthouse, distance to the capital, ...?

Hi,
anybody knows why it displays so strange? I played the mod last year without any problems and wanting to play today it had some display/coding issues

Attachments

• strange.jpg
    strange.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 49
3.0.1 with 3.0.0 is the same
edit. I've got new system so mayby some fonts were changed? Which font should I have and where?
The issue is GameFont.tga, which is included in the mod. I can only think of two issues, which might cause this. One is reading modded files can sometimes be problematic if the mod is inside my documents instead of placing the Mods folder next to the game exe. The other is the steam issue, which can cause all sorts of weird issues.

Excited for the new release! I haven't seen the new list of yields, so I was wondering if cod is going to be included as a separate good. Devs certainly know this, but historically Basque and Norse cod fishermen were the first Europeans to reach the Americas, and processed cod was a major good in the triangular trade.

Excited for the new release! I haven't seen the new list of yields, so I was wondering if cod is going to be included as a separate good. Devs certainly know this, but historically Basque and Norse cod fishermen were the first Europeans to reach the Americas, and processed cod was a major good in the triangular trade.
Cod has been featured for years. It acts exactly like the fish resource and was added as an immersive element. You're absolutely right about the historical significance.

Where can i find new files with new implimented features?
At git hub master branch contains only 2021 changes

Where can i find new files with new implimented features?
It is the branch "New Hope" in GIT, but you will have to compile a DLL and also know several other things.
We have not released since 2 years but we are planning to release a beta again soon if things work out.

My suggestion:
Just wait
for the upcoming release WTP 4.0 (beta) . :thumbsup:
(Currently "New Hope" is just a development branch.)

It is the branch "New Hope" in GIT, but you will have to compile a DLL and also know several other things.
We have not released since 2 years but we are planning to release a beta again soon if things work out.

My suggestion:
Just wait
for the upcoming release WTP 4.0 (beta) . :thumbsup:
(Currently "New Hope" is just a development branch.)

Can you guys give a (rough) estimate on when the beta will be released, or is this still too uncertain?

Basically I want to know if I should figure out how to get the New Hope branch to work (and, failing that, download the most recent regular version) or if I can just wait for a bit and then get the beta and play with the new features the easy way.

Speaking of, I really like a lot of the stuff mentioned in the New Hope readme on Github.

Can you guys give a (rough) estimate on when the beta will be released, or is this still too uncertain?
It's somewhat uncertain right now because the status right now is that I'm chasing a bug, which causes OOS issues whenever I speak with native villages. A game where you can't speak with natives in multiplayer doesn't really sound release worthy. I have no idea how long it will take to get multiplayer stable as OOS issues are one of the hardest bugs to pinpoint. They obviously are invisible in single player so it requires a multiplayer setup to even look for them and in multiplayer if a debugger is used, the connection times out, which removes our most powerful tool in examining bugs.

Hopefully a pre-release for public testing will be out in March, but it's ready when it's ready.

Top Bottom