[LH] Tu'itatui

Xyth's Leaderhead Gallery 2016-10-05

Xyth

History Rewritten
I'm not a Leaderhead artist as such, but over the years I've made some reskins and tweaks to existing leaders so they better suit my needs. A few of these have involved more substantial modifications than others, and I figured those projects would be worth making available to the modding community, as they look markedly different to the originals. Art files only, you'll need to define your own XML for each.

Tu'itatui
11th King of the Tu'i Tonga Empire​

Suitable for use as a variety of Polynesian leaders. Clothing style is ahistorical, but the material is traditional tapa cloth. He is a reskin of Novotor's Porus, so much of the credit should go to him.

Rāhiri
First Rangatira of the Ngāpuhi (Māori Iwi/tribe)​

A project started by coffee junkie and completed by me. Facial moko is an accurate Māori design (albeit a bit distorted), but his body tattoos are more in the style of central Polynesia and considerably less accurate. I'd like to add hair, a cloak, and some jewellery, but that's beyond my skill at this time. Best suited for use as a leader from very early in the history of human settlement of Aotearoa (New Zealand), long before Europeans arrived.

Masinissa
1st King of Numidia​

He is a reskin of Novotor's Croesus, so much of the credit should go to him.

Last edited:
I don't expect to add to this thread very often, but <reserving> an extra post, just in case :)

I concur, for the LHs themselves as well as the backgrounds (Tu'itatui's looks like a popular wallpaper ;)).

And thanks again for filling my Tu'i Tonga request.

Hey Xyth, I recently added your Tu'itatui to my mod, for some reason though, in game he appears almost like a negative image and is partly transparent. I did the XML correctly:

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_TUITATUI</Type>
<Button>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/Button_Tu'itatui.dds</Button>
<NIF>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa.kfm</KFM>
<NoShaderNIF>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa.nif</NoShaderNIF>
<BackgroundKFM>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Hey Xyth, I recently added your Tu'itatui to my mod, for some reason though, in game he appears almost like a negative image and is partly transparent. I did the XML correctly:

<LeaderheadArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_TUITATUI</Type>
<Button>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/Button_Tu'itatui.dds</Button>
<NIF>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa.kfm</KFM>
<NoShaderNIF>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa.nif</NoShaderNIF>
<BackgroundKFM>Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Tu'itatui/tokugawa_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks

XML looks fine. Could you post a screenshot?

Theres a screenshot.....this leaderhead is clearly not of this world....

Weird. I thought it might be a texture incompatibility, but that looks like something is wrong with the shaders or something. Have you tried changing BTS' graphics settings to see if that affects it at all?

I fiddled with the graphic settings, no effect. :dubious:

Puzzling. Could you try Novator's Porus LH (link above) and see if anything similar happens? Then I'll know if it's a problem with the original model or if it's occurred because of the reskinning I've done.

Sorry for the few days to get back and give you an update Xyth.

The Orginal Porus does not have the ghost issue, the textures appear normal. Hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for checking. Must be some texture compression incompatibility or something. I'm away on holiday at the moment, but when I get back (next week) I'll post some alternative textures for you to try.

Hey Xyth, no pressure but any update on this?

Also, I have a request if that is ok. Not many others to ask here. One civ I've looked and looked for proper accurate leaders has been Benin, so I was wondering if you could make a Benin king like this in the future:

Hey Xyth, no pressure but any update on this?

Ah sorry, I'm back but completely forgot. Do you have a way of saving images as .dds? If so, the easiest approach to solving this might be for me to give you the relevant texture files as .png, and have you convert them yourself. Then we'll know if the issue is in the images themselves and not in the software I use to save DDS (Aorta on OS X).

Also, I have a request if that is ok. Not many others to ask here. One civ I've looked and looked for proper accurate leaders has been Benin, so I was wondering if you could make a Benin king like this in the future:

That's beyond my skill unfortunately. I can retexture and do some basic manipulations in NifSkope, but a leader like that would need 3D modelling work in Blender or similar. Would be a great leader to have though. Benin is a fascinating civilization.

I can convert jpg to dds actually, and I can convert png to jpg format as well with the programs I have. So if you want to send those images my way I'll see what I can do.

For the Benin head I was thinking retexturing Mansu Musa might work, throwing in some necklaces around the neck, maybe using the jewelery from the 300 version of Xerxes LH that I saw floating around the downloads database would work?

I can convert jpg to dds actually, and I can convert png to jpg format as well with the programs I have. So if you want to send those images my way I'll see what I can do.

Attached below. Let me know how it goes.

For the Benin head I was thinking retexturing Mansu Musa might work, throwing in some necklaces around the neck, maybe using the jewelery from the 300 version of Xerxes LH that I saw floating around the downloads database would work?

Musa would be a bit restrictive to work with. No matter how I retexture it, his head wrap is always going to to look like cloth. Probably better to work with someone who has a workable face and helm and build the neckpiece up from retextured circular pieces like bandannas or crowns. At the moment I'm pretty swamped with tasks for my mod, but I can give it a try if you're prepared to wait a few months.

Attachments

• TuitatuiTextures.zip
    1 MB · Views: 222
Attached below. Let me know how it goes.

Musa would be a bit restrictive to work with. No matter how I retexture it, his head wrap is always going to to look like cloth. Probably better to work with someone who has a workable face and helm and build the neckpiece up from retextured circular pieces like bandannas or crowns. At the moment I'm pretty swamped with tasks for my mod, but I can give it a try if you're prepared to wait a few months.

Months is a very reasonable amount of time for something like this I think ;)

By the way I converted the textures you sent me to dds, and once again the leaderhead appears as a ghost.

Top Bottom