YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

any screenshot ?

which options on map creation ?

The Cordiform Earth is standard size, with TSL for all DLC except the last one.

You have the Greatest Earth between Large/Huge size.

And you can use the Terra Map script with the "earth shaped" and TSL options at any size from small to ludicrous (the terrain type and rivers will be random)

Hi Gedemon, very appreciate for your mod, do you have any plan to create a new real earth map with size 128*80 or similar ? i think it's a perfect size. (like this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941438203 but this map is not maintained now and it will crash the game).

I feel the standard size is a little small but the Greatest earth (180*94) is a little huge, the djvandyke's earth map(104*64) is not so real (e.g. too close between Asia and Americans), the Terra Map script is great, but still exist some difference with real earth map. Thanks again for your effort.

Hi Gedemon, very appreciate for your mod, do you have any plan to create a new real earth map with size 128*80 or similar ? i think it's a perfect size. (like this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941438203 but this map is not maintained now and it will crash the game).

I feel the standard size is a little small but the Greatest earth (180*94) is a little huge, the djvandyke's earth map(104*64) is not so real (e.g. too close between Asia and Americans), the Terra Map script is great, but still exist some difference with real earth map. Thanks again for your effort.
That map ?

Yes it's not on the workshop (yet) because it lacks TSL.

Once someone provide them I'll upload it there, until then it's part of the YNAMP addons here on CFC.

Yes it's not on the workshop (yet) because it lacks TSL.

Once someone provide them I'll upload it there, until then it's part of the YNAMP addons here on CFC.
Oh, I see the Map.xml file, is this file define the TSL ? if yes, how to check the exact coordinates of each grid, using some software ? or directly check the lua map file ?

Last edited:
Hello,

since this update, i can't play on my old multiplayer map. With my friend , we have a map on giant earth with 18 AI. and we can't launch because the game say "map too small".

if you have an idea ?

Are you using the mod removing limit in MP ?

I'm having a similar problem myself, though I'm not loading. Simply unable to set more than the default number of players in multiplayer, despite having done the method posted on the first page. I've used it in the past with no issues, but ever since one of the official patches it doesn't seem to work anymore. I go in and make the changes, but nothing changes in-game.

I assume you're referring to the workaround on the first page in your response to darknat correct? Or is there actually some mod to download that does it now instead? I've looked, but never been able to find one.

Ah! Thank you! I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow and see if it helps. :)

Might be prudent to mention that somewhere on the post with the workaround instructions?

Hi. I'm confused. I haved installed the file Civ6-GCO-master and since then I don't haven't the TSL. Then I installed Yet (not) Another Maps Pack.6.1 but the map seems a litle bit diference. I used play the CIV with all civs in the game and only my civ is TSL. Before I installed Civ6-GCO-master I have played with Civ6-YnAMP-master and it was great BTW. Only I have a lack of sea resources. Can you provide me a zip file with the latest version of your mod, included TSL for all civs included in-game, included Khmer and indonesia, sea resources and Tthe Largest map that is also missed me. Thanks.

One more thing. I apreciate that you have the old maps that i used to, they are grets. Thanks

The last (stable) release is linked at the top right of this page (Download Now)

The GitHub version is a bit newer, but is a development version (ie not tested)

Make sure you don't have multiple version of the mod installed (in mods and in steam folders)

I started a standard sized Terra map yesterday evening and ran into some map gen issues:
1) A mountain spawned with jungle and diamonds on it.
2) Uluru natural wonder spawned in the middle of sea. It was right next to a coast tile so I'm not sure if it was coast or ocean.
3) There seemed to be natural wonders EVERYWHERE... maybe 15 or so on the map so far? In some cases there were natural wonders adjacent to one another - Yosemite spawned right next to another one.

I was using the following mods, so there may have been some conflicts:
1) YnAEMP
2) 8 Ages of Pace
3) AI+
4) CQUI (Just updated and uploaded to Steam to be compatible with Fall patch)

I don't remember all the map settings but I think I had the following:
1) Standard Terra map (8 players, default # city states)
2) NOT culturally linked start
3) Standard resources, map features, etc.
4) Random map scripts for the old/new world
5) Allow city states on new world

I do have a save file from the Rennisance - not sure if that is useful at all.

After put and retired several times all versions of the mod included the steam versio of the mod I notice two things: the civs don't have TSL (now he put the option Force TSL but in my game that option is locked) and the Giant Earth, the map I used are diferent. Especially in Iberian Peninsula (now has 1 single river and before there was 3 rivers) and in France now have 1 or 2 rivers and before it was 4 rivers. Can you help me.

@Gedemon I just published a starting plot mod and I realized that AssignStartingPlots.lua conflicts with YnAMP. I’m investigating to determine whether there is any point in creating a compatibility patch, or if I should just mark the two mods incompatible in my modinfo. I know that YnAMP extends the script to add true start locations. Does it also change the plot assignment & balancing rules significantly? If so, then the two mods might just be fundamentally incompatible.

Last edited:
YnAMP use it's own backup function for starting position placement and should not been affected by the Fall patch bug.

I've also set it to be loaded after mods that don't have loading orders since the last patch, to prevent any of the fixes to mess with the TSL, so yes, it's incompatible, but it should not break if both mods are activated (unless you start using a load order too)

@mhIdA01 : please post a report in the bug report section with the logs, TIA.

@Smity2k1: if you use "import" option for NW, they will all be placed relatively to real earth lat/long. Use the "map generator" option. Jungle on mountain (or at least the resource on top of that, I like jungle on mountain !) will be fixed. I've not set any special rule for Uluru, as I don't have the DLC.

Top Bottom