1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Maraz80

Maraz80 Chieftain

Is it possible to add additional start units and gold for Human Player only?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Technically yes, I think there is already some mods doing that, but not something I plan to do.

anyone could test this please ?

3. Laze

Laze Chieftain

I have bought a new PC now, and installed everything from scratch. And suprise suprise, the JFD-mods will not work on the Europe again map. After pressing start game, it says please wait, and then start game. And as always back to main menu. I can send the files again... I'm starting to loose patience with the whole game...

Maby there is some prefferences I cant use? Do i need barbarians? Exatly number of citystates?

Attached Files:

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've added 6 regional maps to the add-ons component, see respective threads for details.

None has TSL, only the large Europe has Natural Wonders, you need to edit the map.xml file of the new maps if you want to add TSL/NW/regional resources

If you make such changes, please share them in the maps threads, see second post of the current thread for the "how to..."

6. jaydoc

jaydoc Chieftain

Hi there

Is the greatest earth map only available in small size? I use 4k 42 inch HDTV as the monitor and no matter what size I select the size of the map always defaults to the small size when setting up a game. I have the CQUI mod enabled in an otherwise vanilla Civ6 with the latest Spring patch. Thanks.

7. McGreggD

McGreggD Chieftain

There's something buggy with the giant earth map and turn timers. I have turn times of 5-10 minutes under turn 100. I can see all the met AIs have completed their turn by the head bobbing, only the barbarians / city states have to move and that's taking a long time. If I use the reveal map cheat in the console the turn times are fast and finished in 1 minute max, there's no waiting up to 10 minutes for the barbs.

That leaves me with the conclusion that it's not because the AI has to move so many unit's it's making my PC slow down, but a bug causing the AI to not move barbarian / city state units at all and waiting around for nothing.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yes, there is a bug with barbarian AI in the game, but it's not directly related to the mod (it's just more noticeable with bigger maps)

ynAMP earth maps only have one size (which should be hidden)

is CQUI replacing the setup screen ?

9. jaydoc

jaydoc Chieftain

It could be. I will disable it and try to load and see if it works. Thanks.

10. tomaltachpaulson

tomaltachpaulson Chieftain

I'm just in the process of adding TSL for Nubia on the main maps. So far I've done Greatest Earth and Giant Earth, and I'm aiming to finish up and merge on GitHub tomorrow Australia time. It's required a little bit of adjustment of Egypt's start location on some maps, but otherwise seems to be fitting in fairly well. It hasn't helped the balance much though—despite being an African civ it is still squashed over into an already occupied corner of the continent. Oh well…

agonistes and Gedemon like this.
  11. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

If you really want to make Australian players happy, use a different starting
    location for Australia so that they then get Sydney as a city state.
    I use Adelaide (my home town).

I spent a few hours "balancing" the largest size Giant Maps, which are the only
    ones my friends and family play. I pushed the starting locations around to give
    each of the 24 civs more room and time to establish themselves.We tend to play
    with all the civs we can get!

I also moved one civ from Europe to Argentina to counter Pedro who has it far
    too easy; another civ to North America to counter Montezuma's relatively easy
    run, and Saladin now starts on the western coast of Africa.

Good luck with the new releases!

12. tomaltachpaulson

@Ferocitus That is the beauty of having the TSL in a separate, easily accessible xml file: users with only basic xml skills can fiddle around with where they specifically want the civs to start in their own games. Knowing that I am not too worried about the maps' balance—we keep the TSL as close the the historical start of each civ as possible, and then players who want to mess around with it to improve balance or change eras can.

Anyway, I've finished Nubia's TSL and have a pull request currently pending to the main mod on GitHub, @Gedemon. On all the maps I have moved Cleopatra up to Alexandria/Râ-Kedet to space the two civs apart, and I think that will be a fairly decent distance apart on all of the maps within their respective scales (though I imagine Nubia and Egypt will fairly quickly come to blows on Play Europe Again as Nubia has no outlet to the rest of Africa on that map. My money is on Nubia winning that war). In addition I've duplicated the Egyptian names in GamePlayText.xml for Nubia, with a few differences resulting from different names in different eras. Finally, here is an obligatory progress screen shot of me playtesting Nubia's Play Europe Again start as the Kongo:
    Spoiler Upper and Lower Egypt :
    upper_and_lower_egypt.png

Gedemon and Ferocitus like this.
  13. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

A "true historical start" for Australia in 4000BC is problematic, to say the least.
    The Botany Bay area is not a good choice because it eliminates Sydney as a City State.

I'd say around Kakadu or even North around Darwin or the Kimberley Ranges would be
    much better.

14. tomaltachpaulson

The problem with that is that it looks odd in the modern era when the Australian civ is set. Certainly if Firaxis were to make an Aboriginal/TSI civ a more northerly start would make sense for them. However, I think the problem here is actually the Sydney city-state—the existence of an Australia civ makes it rather obsolete. I've suggested to @Gedemon that it be changed to Wellington (or Auckland or Perth, for that matter) so as to keep a city state in the region without having this start location conflict.

Speaking of start location conflicts, I've pushed a pull request to update the MoreCSForTheWorld sub-mod to move Aksum's start a little further south on GEM to allow both it and Nubia to spawn.

15. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Fair point.
    A Canberra start would still be too close to allow a Sydney CS.
    (A Melbourne start would mean you would have to have coffee
    as an adjacent luxury tile, or the players from there would get
    huffy.)

Good move.

16. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

On giant earth, Cleo has a shot at a quick +4 towards units from Valleta and Carthage, particularly if she is moved north. If she heads west, she's guaranteed at least +2. Plus with more production now, she should be alright.

And her uu is comparable.

Be interesting to see if her settle pattern changes drastically.

edit: I haven't played Gilgo in some time. Due to the pantheon limit, and he doesn't make the cut. But a game with him, Cyrus, Arabia, Egypt, Nubia, and Kongo... be very interesting to see the patterns emerge. Without Gilgo, Cleo had maybe a 10% chance of becoming a world power, Kongo usually did well, and Arabia and Persia were 50/50 against each other. Now with Nubia in the mix, I might toss Gilga back in as a regular to give that region a European-esque feel.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

@tomaltachpaulson : thank you, merged!

Do we have an agreement on Wellington to replace Sydney in the more CS mod?

I'll try to update YnAMP ASAP after the patch, as the stream has shown new assets on the map, it's possible that the mod's map generation will be broken.

I'd also like to add gold as a resource at some point, I'll see if the patch make the icons accessible to mods for the base game (the ressource object on the map currently is, I just need icons)

18. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I'm against it and would prefer that it was Brisbane, Perth, or Darwin, if any of those are possible.

Most other civs have access to a CS almost immediately, and Australia can
    take quite a while to get going.

19. The Economy

The Economy Chieftain

There is always Jakarta later on, but I agree about Australia needing a closer city state like the other civs have..

20. tomaltachpaulson

I'm not desperately keen on Wellington—it was just the first alternate one which I thought of. Indeed, having a city-state on the same continent is probably a good idea. However, Brisbane is probably a bit too close—I think of those three you suggested Perth is probably the best, because it is not going to be immediately proximate to Australia's capital, yet is only about 10 turns exploring time away, which seems about right to me.