YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Technically, yes, but actually it works like the normal maps: it's random. One could add an option to raise the spawn on every map.

Specifically that's not something that I'll have time to code in the near future.

Would you be kind to share this knowledge how to enhance random spawn of tribals?

Would you be kind to share this knowledge how to enhance random spawn of tribals?
In a mod lower the value of the column <TilesPerGoody> of the IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT entry in the Improvements table.

For a direct change in the game files (not recommended as any update of the game will revert the change, and you won't be able to use MP, and you may have to verify the game files with steam if something goes wrong), you'll have to search for TilesPerGoody in the Improvements.xml file in your game's installation folder.

In a mod lower the value of the column <TilesPerGoody> of the IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT entry in the Improvements table.

Can`t find this position in mod. I am playing Greatest Earth. Could you point me a location Please?

If you'r asking me "how to make a mod ?" it's not the place and I don't have the time to start that, the last version is here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/modders-guide-to-civilization-v.23669/ and it would take a few weeks with my free time to adapt it to civ6.

in short there is no "position in mod" as we work on a database, the query could be made from anywhere in a XML or SQL file as long as they are correctly defined in the modinfo.

starting modding in Civ5-6 is a big step, Kael's guide is still valid to explain the concept of updating a database.

but, to keep it simple, YnAMP is pre-configured to allow 2 additional files named "custom.xml" and "custom.sql" that you simply create in "Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" folder (the path is different for steam installation of the mod)

So create a file named "custom.sql" in "Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack", open it with any text editor and put this single line in it:

Code:
UPDATE Improvements SET TilesPerGoody= '64'     WHERE ImprovementType= 'IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT';

The default value is 128, I suppose that the lower it is the more goody huts are placed on the map.

Great, thank you for your time. Will definetly look into this guide. Its nice to learn something new.

Look for the big [map].lua-files like GiantEarth.lua in the Maps/GiantEarth-Folder.

See post #2 by Gedemon for modding infos.

I'm looking at the lua file, but I'm seeing nothing similar to the code in post#2.

Where would I place this bit of code in the next bit of code. Also what should I put for TerrainType?

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS NaturalWonderPosition
( MapName GiantEarth,
FeatureType FEATURE_SUK_FUJI,
TerrainType TEXT(???),
X INT default 98,
Y INT default 58);

Spoiler :
function GetNaturalWonders()
local NaturalWonders = {}

NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_BARRIER_REEF"].Index] = { X = 101, Y = 23} -- 2 plots, coast, 1st plot is SOUTHEAST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_CLIFFS_DOVER"].Index] = { X = 11, Y = 71} -- 2 plots, hills on coast, 1st plot is WEST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_CRATER_LAKE"].Index] = { X = 132, Y = 64}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_DEAD_SEA"].Index] = { X = 37, Y = 50} -- 2 plots, flat desert surrounded by desert, 1st plot is SOUTHWEST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EVEREST"].Index] = { X = 64, Y = 54} -- 3 plots, mountains, 1st plot is WEST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GALAPAGOS"].Index] = { X = 146, Y = 35} -- 2 plots, coast, surrounded by coast, 1st plot is SOUTHEAST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_KILIMANJARO"].Index] = { X = 32, Y = 27}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_PANTANAL"].Index] = { X = 159, Y = 27} -- 4 plots, flat grass/plains without features, 1st plot is SOUTHWEST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_PIOPIOTAHI"].Index] = { X = 107, Y = 3} -- 3 plots, flat grass near coast, 1st plot is WEST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_TORRES_DEL_PAINE"].Index] = { X = 154, Y = 7} -- 2 plots EAST-WEST without features, 1st plot is WEST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_TSINGY"].Index] = { X = 36, Y = 18}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_YOSEMITE"].Index] = { X = 132, Y = 62} -- 2 plots EAST-WEST, flat tundra/plains without features, 1st plot is WEST

if GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLAJOKULL"] then -- Vikings DLC is loaded
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLAJOKULL"].Index] = { X = 2, Y = 83} -- 2 plots, use YOSEMITE rule
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_LYSEFJORDEN"].Index] = { X = 18, Y = 80} -- 3 plots, , flat grass near coast, 1st plot is EAST
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY"].Index] = { X = 6, Y = 77} -- 2 plots, one on coastal land and one in water, 1st plot is land, SOUTHEAST
end

if GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_ULURU"] then -- Australia DLC is loaded
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_ULURU"].Index] = { X = 93, Y = 16} -- 1 plot, desert, surrounded by desert
end

return NaturalWonders
end

The table code in sql is used for modders adding reference to Ynamp in their own mod.

If you want to make change in the mod itself, you don't need it, YnAMP is pre-configured to allow 2 additional files named "custom.xml" and "custom.sql" that you simply create in "Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" folder (the path is different for steam installation of the mod)

For natural wonders, just create a new file named custom.xml there, open it with notepad and add the code for the NW position, like for example:
Code:
<GameInfo>
    <NaturalWonderPosition>
        <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="98" Y="58" FeatureType="FEATURE_SUK_FUJI" />
    </NaturalWonderPosition>
</GameInfo>

And that's all.

You could also edit the Lua file (using Lua code) for the same result, but the xml is easier to code, and, when using custom files like described above, won't be erased with a mod update like a change in the map's lua file.

The table code in sql is used for modders adding reference to Ynamp in their own mod.

If you want to make change in the mod itself, you don't need it, YnAMP is pre-configured to allow 2 additional files named "custom.xml" and "custom.sql" that you simply create in "Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" folder (the path is different for steam installation of the mod)

For natural wonders, just create a new file named custom.xml there, open it with notepad and add the code for the NW position, like for example:
Code:
<GameInfo>
    <NaturalWonderPosition>
        <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="98" Y="58" FeatureType="FEATURE_SUK_FUJI" />
    </NaturalWonderPosition>
</GameInfo>

And that's all.

You could also edit the Lua file (using Lua code) for the same result, but the xml is easier to code, and, when using custom files like described above, won't be erased with a mod update like a change in the map's lua file.

I have got to be doing it wrong then. I load up civ 6 with just ynaemp (and it'st tweaks like dover/etc) and suri's natural wonders and it's just not appearing.

Am I putting the file in the wrong folder? http://imgur.com/a/EBjhd

I'll have a look, this WE I hope.

I like the new threads with info about each map on the first post. One suggestion (and it would be nice to have this in-game too) can you put a recommended number of minimum or maximum civs to play on each map size?

I remember when I first downloaded this map pack I played one of the larger earth maps and I didn't meet another civilization for like 90 minutes of gameplay!

I like the new threads with info about each map on the first post. One suggestion (and it would be nice to have this in-game too) can you put a recommended number of minimum or maximum civs to play on each map size?

I remember when I first downloaded this map pack I played one of the larger earth maps and I didn't meet another civilization for like 90 minutes of gameplay!

It would be almost impossible to do that, given that players have different
preferences for what type of game they like, and they have computers that are
different in how well they can handle the number of civs and city-states.

I only ever play the largest map (ludicrous size: 230 x 115) with 24 civs, 60
city states, no barbarians at marathon pace. That would not suit many other
people and would be very slow on older computers.

I played one of the larger earth maps and I didn't meet another civilization for like 90 minutes of gameplay

If you play on an Earth map with TSL, you should know the starting areas of most Civs, so you can send a scout or galley in direction of your next neighbours ...
Play a european civ ... europe is usually crowded.

I have got to be doing it wrong then. I load up civ 6 with just ynaemp (and it'st tweaks like dover/etc) and suri's natural wonders and it's just not appearing.

Am I putting the file in the wrong folder? http://imgur.com/a/EBjhd
Your file seems to be named custom.xml.txt

I suppose you'll have to show extensions in your File Explorer to rename it to custom.xml without the .txt extension.

If you play on an Earth map with TSL, you should know the starting areas of most Civs, so you can send a scout or galley in direction of your next neighbours ...
Play a european civ ... europe is usually crowded.

It was more because I played a huge map and only had like 8 civs or something.

100, 48 would the spot for Fuji on Greatest Earth if where it is in my SS on Giant is correct.

Just a check for everyone: are you able to post new threads in this subforum or the bug reports forum ?

Top Bottom