YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Because someone asked to move it to Xian position and no-one objected.

You will probably move China TSL more eastern of curent China TSL position in Giant Earth Map when developers introduce Mongolian civilization to game ??? If is not trouble to you can you give me coordinates of China TSL from Giant Earth Map from Civ 5 but to fit Giant Earth Map of Civ 6(one hex from the sea).Please...

Would be nice to place Volkhov river. It was a part of "Trade route from the Varangians to the Greeks" and a battlefront during WW2.

Would be nice to place Volkhov river. It was a part of "Trade route from the Varangians to the Greeks" and a battlefront during WW2.
I try to avoid rivers going from one body of water to another, I'm not sure if the game can handle it well.

oohhh could you please share that code and in which file to copy it

in my first finished game, I finished in 1960 with social victory but already had finished social and tech tree years before ... (Epic)

now it is even worse :) 1700 and tanks etc. are around ... and playing ONLY prince !
Thanks

Sure! In C:\Users\"CurrentUser"\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Gameplay\YNAMP_GamePlay.sql

I've added the following lines (doesn't really matter where in the file, but I put them before the "Create Tables" zone):
Spoiler :

UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.25) WHERE EraType='ERA_ANCIENT';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_CLASSICAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.75) WHERE EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*2.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*2.25) WHERE EraType='ERA_INDUSTRIAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*2.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_MODERN';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*2.75) WHERE EraType='ERA_ATOMIC';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*3.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';

UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.25) WHERE EraType='ERA_ANCIENT';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_CLASSICAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.75) WHERE EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*2.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*2.25) WHERE EraType='ERA_INDUSTRIAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*2.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_MODERN';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*2.75) WHERE EraType='ERA_ATOMIC';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*3.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';

I'm sure this can be made in a separate mod by someone. :D

Sure! In C:\Users\"CurrentUser"\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Gameplay\YNAMP_GamePlay.sql

Thank you ...

so do I see it right, at the end the last tech and socials would cost 3 times of that in the vanilla game
AND
it dosen't matter which game length I choose ? It works for all from online to marathon settings, or even an own one ?

@Gedemon could you imagine to include something like an empty file, where we could copy our own rules and which will be used in combination with your rulesets (to have the civ already choosen and so on ...) , so when there is a new version from you, that we only have to exchange that file and not touch always your files after a new release from you ?

Now I copy everything there
YNAMP_GamePlay.sql
and also some exchanged X/Y for Civs and Cs

... so a file which will be processed from the mod before it starts the game and exchange everything, what is included there ...

why I would like such solution ?

When I want to play MP with my friends, I only want to sent them THIS ONE FILE to be replaced and not 4-5
and also not have to check all your files, which I also have changed, when you release a new version ...

so it is like a "mod" directory or mod file in your mod,
hope you understand what I mean :)

Would be nice, if possible ...

THANKS

Hi,

the imported continents on Giant Earth Old World Ruleset 2 has europe on the japanese islands.

Attachments

• ynaemp giant earth old world ruleset 2.jpg
    ynaemp giant earth old world ruleset 2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 250
so do I see it right, at the end the last tech and socials would cost 3 times of that in the vanilla game
AND
it dosen't matter which game length I choose ? It works for all from online to marathon settings, or even an own one ?
THANKS

Yup! It should work on any game length. And yes, the last tech era costs 3 times as much. If you play lower than emperor it may be a little too much, but at least on emperor it makes the game almost perfect.

You can play around with the numbers if you want. It's pretty self-explanatory.

And remember. It's 2016 and we are not even close to a Mars colony. Even if we have globalization and social media. I guess everybody is going for a culture victory :p

Hi,

the imported continents on Giant Earth Old World Ruleset 2 has europe on the japanese islands.
Yes, thanks, the continent naming issue has been reported and added to the "to do" list in FP.

@FlashXAron : I was about to write a small tutorial for making a modmod, but I don't think that you can use reference to load a mod after another one, and even in the same mod, I'm not sure of the loading order (say if I add a CustomRules.sql to the mods files and modinfo, I don't know where to place it to be sure that it's loaded last), some testing are required first.

UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*3.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';
[/SPOILER]

Thanks again ... hhhmmm have you tried that ?
seems a little bit too much , so would expect to reach the end for tech and social in the year 2000 or so :)

Think I will try that all in all you will have to spend around 50 to 100% more points until you reach the end and in the beginning not so much change ...
only late game it is terrible ... maybe x 1.0, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.8, 2.0

But once again thank you

Last edited:
Pardon me if this has been covered,but I have yet to see a natural wonder on any of the earth maps(no Gilbraltor,Kilimanjaro..etc)..is this correct or should I reload

Is it possible when creating new game to combine "MapGanerator" and "Import" resource mode?
(That is, I place some resources in civ5map, get code for GiantEart.lua file and in the process of creating a new game MapGenerator add own resources to "mine" )

Last edited:
Pardon me if this has been covered,but I have yet to see a natural wonder on any of the earth maps(no Gilbraltor,Kilimanjaro..etc)..is this correct or should I reload

They are here since Alpha 7 I think, BUT there are not so many from the vanilla game in CIV VI ...

so no gibraltar etc. but easiest to check , choose England and you should have "Cliffs of Dover"

Okay last question :) maybe ...

CODE QUESTION to all Guru Civ VI coders :)
DOES anyone know the code for changing REPAIR TIMES of the districts they are atm 66% from the costs if you would build all new !
And that damn spys using a nuke to destroy the whole district in one action !

So
1.) Reducing repair cost down to maybe 20%
or
2.) Spy ONLY destroys ONE Building not the whole district ...

I would prefer both ! How it is now, it feels terrible wrong !
Thanks

I love this mod. Following fixes needed, if possible.

-prerequisite of stone rule before building stone henge needs modifying, as stonehenge cannot be built in its true location on map.
-rice appears in France on giant earth map imported resources version.
-is there a way to stop AI from moving its first settlers?
-Please can you add more European city states to Europe in giant earth map? Amsterdam is needed.

Is it possible when creating new game to combine "MapGanerator" and "Import" resource mode?
(That is, I place some resources in civ5map, get code for GiantEart.lua file and in the process of creating a new game MapGenerator add own resources to "mine" )
I don't plan to make such an option, but you can edit the AssignStartingPlots.lua in override, look for "ResourceGenerator.Create(args)" (normal civ6 placement) and change the if statement so it's called every time.

You'll have a lot of work to balance that, ResourceGenerator.Create does not take into account resources that have already be placed

I love this mod. Following fixes needed, if possible.

-prerequisite of stone rule before building stone henge needs modifying, as stonehenge cannot be built in its true location on map.
-rice appears in France on giant earth map imported resources version.
-is there a way to stop AI from moving its first settlers?
-Please can you add more European city states to Europe in giant earth map? Amsterdam is needed.

I'll add a table for some specific placement during map creation using options, ATM working on closing Bosphorus, placing stone near Stonehenge and placing marsh for Mont Saint Michel.

I don't plan to change imported resources placement, unless it cause crashes or prevent Natural Wonders placement, the point is to have them as they were on the original map.

Fixed position on first turn is added to the to do list.

About the pantheons. ("fix" if you have missing pantheons)
Started new game on Giant map with 30 civs + civ 6 improvement patch. Got to turn 97, "found new pantheon", list was empty! But before i got to turn on 97, just in case I made a save around turn 60 where i saw other civs were choosing pantheons, so i loaded turn 60, I turned on "cheat engine", i input the value of faith in the cheat engine, scan, next turn, put next value, scan, etc, i found the value, cheated it to 90 and finally i found pantheon at turn 64 and can finally continue my game undisturbed! Except....the religion beliefs xD, will start working on the holy site from early or another save....

Last edited:
Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Alpha .10

• add the "Largest Earth" map of ludicrous size (230x116) with TSL and Cliffs
  • add cliffs to the Greatest Earth Map thanks to Hormigas
  • add option to use more random placement on imported maps (rivers, natural wonders)
  • add option for stone for Stonehenge, marsh for Mt St Michel and closed Bosphorus (Giant Earth only for testing ATM)
  • can launch an empty map with only terrains in the WB (independent options for rivers, features, natural wonders or resources)
  • re-order the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there an option (or file I can modify myself) to remove the new city states made by this mod. I keep getting weird names, like LOC_CITYNAME_CHEROKEE looking things, and the lack of Suzerain bonuses make them feel sort of odd.

Top Bottom