YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I face a problem with the Ynamp giant earth map and river placement. The option is set as river import but the rivers mostly have names of nearby rivers, not their real name (e. g. the Nile being called Damietta delta, the whole Nile with the name Atbara river, the Loire being called Rhine, or Ottawa river being called Columbian river). Is it intended to work like this? I use the latest ynamp version via github and the android version of civ 6 with all DLCs expect New frontier. Could it be a problem connected to android?
I tried to find support in forums but only found old conversations about river placement, i thought it was fixed.

the game doesn't support renaming (for rivers, mountains, deserts, etc...) unless you override the UI files and add your own mechanism, by default it use the civilization-related lists based on who discover a location first.

@Gedemon thanks, now i understand. But another question: is the max. number of 62 civs preset by the vanilla/DLCs or possible to raise?

I changed in ynamp Config.xml the following for oversized map:

<Update>
<Set MaxPlayers="82" MaxCityStates="60"/>
</Update>

<Replace MapSizeType="MAPSIZE_OVERSIZED" Name="LOC_MAPSIZE_OVERSIZED_NAME" Description="LOC_MAPSIZE_OVERSIZED_DESCRIPTION" MinPlayers="2" MaxPlayers="82" DefaultPlayers="42" MinCityStates="0" MaxCityStates="80" DefaultCityStates="40" SortIndex="90" />

<DomainRanges>
<Replace Domain="MajorCivilizationsCount" MinimumValue="2" MaximumValue="82"/>
</DomainRanges>

Though i still start an oversized map with 42 civs and 20 city states instead of 40 city states. Please note, i do not intend to play with more than 62 civs. Just i wanted to put 20 more city states additional to kill them at start for the uprising mod (to have them as backup for separatist cities) and continue with 62 players - as some players will get killed after some time i believe the max. number of 62 active players will not be exceeded while playing.

Last edited:
max number of players IDs is 64 for the full length of the game.

one slot is for barbarians, one for free cities if you activate the expansions.

it leaves you with 62 slots to use max for the full game, you can't change the types mid-game so you have to choose how much civs and how much CS you'll need.

I started working on a framework for my overhaul, to allow name/flag/colors changing midgame (but not border colors, impossible AFAIK) so that I could use a limited set of "blank" civs and CS then assign them a name/flag/colors during a game to simulate a civilization switch.

there were still imitations, like artstyle not changing mid-game AFAIK so I was planning to have a few of each art styles in the starting pool of CS/civs.

there is also the limitations on modding diplomacy that would have been an issue for simulating a major civilization switch, but IIRC that would be easier done for the CS pool with the available Lua methods.

at a smaller scale, there would also be issue in assigning cities ownership history for game effects related to the original capitals or previous cities owners when switching the cities of a civilization.

I see, this is one more basic preset limitation. I'm sorry to bother you again with questions about those slots after you discussed with others before. Though i understand now the basic meaning of the slots, I don't understand the "civilization slots" in the advanced setup options. When i play the ynamp giant earth map, the set number of slots doesn't seem to have any effects on the number of civs and city states. So i leave it with "2" but still can play with 62 civs and cs. How is this possible?

The slider?

See the tooltip, t's a two steps configuration, when you move it, it affects the number of slots that will be added or removed next time you click +/- to add /remove civilizations slots.

I thought so, unfortunately it seems to not work for the Android version of civ 6
no matter to which number i move the slots slider, pressing "+" to add civs will never add more than 1 civ
That's why i changed the config file to set more than 20 civs

Another question regarding the giant earth map. Do you still apply changes in order to improve the map?

I realized that Sparta (Greece with Gorgo) is preset to start at the Bosporus, why not at 28/54 (Sparta)?
If someone decides to set a game with Pericles and Gorgo they are too close to each other to found a city there if Gorgo starts at Sparta, but if Byzanz and Sparta are placed next to each other at the Bosporus, also they have an overlap in start positions. So to be more realistic in start positions I'd recommend to place Sparta at 28/54 (the adjacent tile 27/54 also named Sparta is more to be imagined as ancient Messenia )

Also i realized that around lower Egypt the area is pretty "green" where in the real world you'll find only or mostly desert. So between Alexandria, Cyrenaica/Barqa and oasis Siwa I'd suggest to replace some plains with desert for more realistic terrain (27/49, 27/48 and 28/48). Same for the grassland tiles in the area around Suez, next to Red Sea (31/48, 31/49), as they became only recently in world history lil bit fertile, but were never before. Also the "floodplains" feature next to red sea at 31/47 and 32/49 seem to have no equivalent to the reality. Same for the "green" southern Sinai with plains terrain at 33/47, which must also be considered as vast desert (though some small inhabitable place, still very small compared to the rest of sinai)

had another report like that, wasn't able to reproduce (I've made an update for merging CS picker UI with the mod's CS selection options), mod works fine here, can't help without logs.

Had to disable this, makes Create Game impossible. Blank options.
had another report like that, wasn't able to reproduce (I've made an update for merging CS picker UI with the mod's CS selection options), mod works fine here, can't help without logs.
The problem comes from the mod being hosted on Github combined with the user's negligence and/or civfanatics functionality in reporting mod updates. As updates were made since my last download on github and civfanatics did not state that the mod was updated and yet the game was updated since the time-of-download and the user is negligent/has many mods so relies on civfanatics reporting about the github mod updates. Long story short, next time you receive a similar report, tell them to update to the newest version on github as the newer files fix the problem. Thank you.

Hello everyone.I am kinda stuck on this screen.I have install the mod as mention in the instructions,but when i wanted to created the game there is nothing and this pop up comes.How can i resolve this issue.IF some one guide me as i don't know where to start the game in 2d mode and make this mod work thanks for any help.i am unable to understand the instructions if someone can help me out in understanding these instructions

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX12) 2_13_2021 1_55_40 PM.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX12) 2_13_2021 1_55_40 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
"load database" button is hidden behind the back button so you can't click it.

But that wouldn't resolve your issue (it's optional, used for some other options of the mod), the UI is broken here

If the mod's up to date, then you're using an outdated version of the game.

If not please post logs.

Reactions: nrh
"load database" button is hidden behind the back button so you can't click it.

But that wouldn't resolve your issue (it's optional, used for some other options of the mod), the UI is broken here

If the mod's up to date, then you're using an outdated version of the game.

If not please post logs.
thnx man got it

Reactions: nrh
Hi there, I'm sorry I might be putting this in the wrong thread but need one help. As always, been a big fan of the giant map and that's the only map I play on.
in mid-game due to forest fire, my turn speed has reduce to like more than a minute which was not the case before the forest fires were introduced.
Is there any mod or if any of you could suggest me to edit under the \GranColombia_Maya DLC to disable the forest fires? I think it would help with the performance of the game.

Top Bottom