YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Had an Australia game on Giant Earth with the historical start times mod and some others and it was seriously fun, almost as good as BTS!
Spoiler :
Spanish Mexico? The mod starts with that or the AI manages it themselves? they can do that??
Sorry for stupid question, but hope someone can help me with an answer:

About to start a new game on Giant earth, but upon game setup I am unsure what to choose between "import" or "map generator" when it comes to different "placements" (rivers, wonders, features, resources etc) Can someone please explain the difference? As a setup it seems that import is chosen on every subject except Resource Placement where map generator is chosen automatically when I choose the Giant earth as prefered map.

Thanks for any help!
Import means using the pre-placed stuffs, map gen is generated upon game start (so in this case, everything else will be pre-placed and same every game except resource which is map-generated).

Spanish Mexico? The mod starts with that or the AI manages it themselves? they can do that??

They managed themselves iirc but i deliberately chose a late game start and with the historical spawn date mods, maybe some others as well which ended up giving the game a nice historical experience.

I ask this here because most of us have similar tastes in civ to a fair degree... does anyone know of a hearts of iron iv mod that makes that game more civesque?

Looking at you Ged...

I mean, honestly, I think you'd be better off giving up on cvi and modding hoi to *be* vi.2. (edit: at least you'd have decent combat mechanics)

i noticed that the arabian peninsula is too far west, specifically the caspian sea and the persian gulf not lining up vertically

Spoiler map screenshots :

moving the western end of the peninsula (where it juts out near the mountains) would let you fix egypt's/sudan's east coast, and would add some distance between crete and cyprus. might want to readjust the strait of hormuz/persia's coast, too

Hopefully this will make finding TSL coordinates easier: http://www.sukrittan.com/Civ6_YNAEMP/YNAMP_Planner.html

Currently has Giant Earth, Greatest Earth, and Play Europe Again.

Edit: Added Large Europe and Southeast Asia, you may need to Shift+F5 to get your cache to refresh

Last edited:
i noticed that the arabian peninsula is too far west, specifically the caspian sea and the persian gulf not lining up vertically

Spoiler map screenshots :

moving the western end of the peninsula (where it juts out near the mountains) would let you fix egypt's/sudan's east coast, and would add some distance between crete and cyprus. might want to readjust the strait of hormuz/persia's coast, too
Giant Earth ?

@Gedemon Is there a way to add the new map sizes (e.g. Enormous, Giant, etc.) to the Resource_SeaLuxuries table?

The spring update for R&F increases these values so resources like turtles have increased frequency.
No idea ATM, I'll have a look.

Hopefully this will make finding TSL coordinates easier: http://www.sukrittan.com/Civ6_YNAEMP/YNAMP_Planner.html

Currently has Giant Earth, Greatest Earth, and Play Europe Again.

Edit: Added Large Europe and Southeast Asia, you may need to Shift+F5 to get your cache to refresh
Thanks !

I'll add it to the To Do for TSL.

Ho, and can anyone check this please ? Anyone else with the issue ?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ctd-on-load.635013/#post-15186303
The game runs great on all YnAMP maps until I try to load a save game. The game usually loads in fine, but it crashes before or directly after I click next turn. This does not happen with vanilla civ maps. I'm using the Steam version of YnAMP. I included all logs that return errors or warnings.

And while I'm here, a small dev update, I've had to put my main project for civ6 on hold, waiting (hoping !) for the source code to help with its development, and after a small break I'm working a bit on my todo list for YnAMP, so do you like teasers ?

Spoiler :
Clipboard-4.png
Clipboard-5.png
Spoiler :
Clipboard-3.png
Clipboard-6.png
Clipboard-2.png
Clipboard-7.png

It seems that the latest patch restored some stability (and increased speed) for loading maps, or is it just for me?

I mean that while working on the above feature for it, I've noted that I can load the (full) Largest Earth Map without crashing, could anyone test this too?

I was able to load the largest earth map no problem and I really want to play it but it's not rise & fall compatible.

Any chance of an update?

yes, I've put it back in YnAMP on Github with R&F enabled.

The map border selection option is available for beta testing on it and the Giant Earth (I'll add more choices later)

It seems that the latest patch restored some stability (and increased speed) for loading maps, or is it just for me?

I mean that while working on the above feature for it, I've noted that I can load the (full) Largest Earth Map without crashing, could anyone test this too?

Sorry, false hope, still crashing on "reveal all"...

I'll keep it for game on portions of the map.

And while I'm here, a small dev update, I've had to put my main project for civ6 on hold, waiting (hoping !) for the source code to help with its development, and after a small break I'm working a bit on my todo list for YnAMP, so do you like teasers ?

Lemme know if you'd like to see those maps (or any other ones) added to the planner! They're really easy to add if I have the map's Lua file.

Lemme know if you'd like to see those maps (or any other ones) added to the planner! They're really easy to add if I have the map's Lua file.
They share the same Lua file (Giant Earth), the mod just pick from it the data to build the partial map.

But they also share the same DB entries, wich means that all civs that have a TSL set for the Giant Earth (or NW with a position set for the Giant Earth) will be placed correctly on the partial map.

Sorry, false hope, still crashing on "reveal all"...

I'll keep it for game on portions of the map.

The ludicrous random map size crashes when I do reveal all as well but It's still playable. I have a game going with all 36 civs and max city states, got to the late medieval age so far and I'm using a mod that slows research down x5 so the AI builds a ton of units. I have not had any issues with the game so far.

I think the crashing with reveal all is because the game tries to load the whole map, play all the natural wonder videos and contact every civ at the same time.

The ludicrous random map size crashes when I do reveal all as well but It's still playable. I have a game going with all 36 civs and max city states, got to the late medieval age so far and I'm using a mod that slows research down x5 so the AI builds a ton of units. I have not had any issues with the game so far.

I think the crashing with reveal all is because the game tries to load the whole map, play all the natural wonder videos and contact every civ at the same time.
In the past I had tried to reveal it by small groups of plots but it was still crashing at some point.

Let me know if anyone can finish a game on the Largest Earth.

Thanks, copied in the Giant Earth thread to keep all suggestions in the same place.

And another teaser for the next version of YnAMP...
Spoiler :
Clipboard-1.png

This is the mini map of a scenario generated automatically on the Giant Earth Map by linking the data from the CityMap table (used by YnAMP for city auto-naming based on position) and the CityNames table (used by the base game to get the city name for each Civilization)

It was made with the Basic Modern Civilizations mod, but should be able to work with the base game and any mod with TSL set for the Giant Earth. It also works with the partial map feature.

It places cities on the map using the combined data then expand the borders to fill the map.

I was hoping for a release today, but there is still a few things to correct and test before.

For example, I need to remove some cities from the CityNames table when the name of that city is used in different positions on the map (on the screen above, a city from the Nigerian list share its name with a city from CityMap that is located in central Asia, that's why there is a patch of green in the middle of China...)

And as you can see, I also need to add some cities east of the Urals to the Russian list to prevent Mongolia, China, North Korea and Kazakhstan to expand their borders there.

Maybe tomorrow evening (GMT) for beta testing.

Last edited:
Github updated with .7.0 for beta test, please report any bugs
Code:
- CityMap : Added Russian Far East (by Butanic)
- CityMap : Midwest Cleanup (by JamHeronArk)
- Additional options for Wonders placement on Giant Earth: Temple of Artemis, Great Zimbabwe and Jebel Barkal (by rockandride)
- New feature: custom borders selection for the Giant Earth Map and the Largest Earth Map (merged back in the main mod, renamed "Largest Earth Custom")
- New feature: initial framework for generated or imported Scenario
- bugfix: check if an imported feature from MapToConvert data is a NW differently (to allow placement of new features with IDs >= FEATURE_BARRIER_REEF ID)

And a very simple test scenario for the Giant Earth attached to this post, generating cities and borders from the CityMap/CityNames tables. I'll try to code automated roads generation in the next version.

Made for the Basic Modern Civilization mod, best using Industrial or later start, latest version on github:
https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-BasicModernCivilizations

Attachments

• Scenario - Giant Modern Earth.7z
    4.7 KB · Views: 162
Released on Steam and GitHub.

Top Bottom