You Go Johnny Boy!

Merkinball

Deity
Oh man, John McCain is so pathetic at this point. He's so desperate that he was talking to high schoolers. And then he got schooled by them. :lol:

PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire (CNN) – Sen. John McCain’s visit to Concord High School proved to be more than your average guest speaker appearance Tuesday with the Republican presidential candidate giving and getting a dose of the campaign’s trademark “straight talk.”

During the question and answer session one student rose and asked a pointed question about McCain’s age: “If elected, you’d be older than Ronald Reagan, making you the oldest president. Do you ever worry that like you might die in office or get Alzheimer’s or some other disease that might affect your judgment?”

The Arizona senator chuckled slightly as the “oh my gods” filled the room. In a self-deprecating reference to his memory, McCain said his children have joked about their father “hiding his own Easter eggs,” but quickly added, that he was a “24-7” worker and would out campaign any of his rivals.

McCain then ended the exchange in his quintessential style: “Thanks for the question, you little jerk … you’re drafted.”

Another student then asked McCain a question about what he would do for “LGBT” rights – the initials stand for Lesbian, Gay, Bi Sexual, and Transgender people. McCain was confused by the question and admitted to the audience that he did not know what the initials meant. Once it was clarified, McCain told sophomore William Sleaster that he was opposed to any form of discrimination, but he supported the military’s current “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy and that he opposed gay marriage.

“I believe that the sanctity of marriage between man and woman is unique and should be preserved, and I understand the controversy that swirls around that issue, and that debate needs to be continued to be held, but I support that position,” McCain said.

“You want to take away someone’s rights because you believe it’s wrong,” Sleaster followed up.

“I don’t put that interpretation on my position, but I understand yours,” McCain responded, seeming to enjoy the back and forth.

“I came here looking to see a good leader, I don’t,” Sleaster said before leaving the microphone to some boos and gasps from the audience and an eventual scolding by a school administrator.

“Listen, I understand,” McCain told the buzzing crowd. “I thank you, that’s what America is all about, and I appreciate your views.”

When asked later at a news conference, McCain admitted he had never heard the initials “LGBT” before, but knew the phrase.

Iraq dominated much of McCain’s comments before the packed auditorium. He reiterated his support for the current U.S. strategy there, and played up his criticism of the way the war was handled until recently.

“I was the only one of the major Republican candidates who adamantly, vociferously opposed the Rumsfeld Strategy and fought hard for the strategy that we’re employing today,” he told reporters. “The others thought it was fine, that’s because they don’t have the knowledge or background and experience that I do on issues of national security, that’s a clear indication of it.”

– CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

McCain: “I believe that the sanctity of marriage between man and woman a series of women is unique and should be preserved"

Fixed to more accurately reflect McCain's personal track record.

Sadly McCain isn't the only pathetic GOP candidate in line right now. At least his poll ratings accurately reflect his competance for being a future president.

Fun, fun stuff. At least Everybody's Hero Fred Thompson will Law & Order McCain's rear and take us to Reaganland! :love:

That said, I think Gravel is the oldest person in the race and he looks like he could keep ranting for two terms.

Yep. McCain didn't even have to walk uphill both ways.

Im not a Mcain supporter but where was the schooling period? Did I miss something here?

Im not a Mcain supporter but where was the schooling period? Did I miss something here?

I'm not about to give credit to some highschooler whos comment was both unoriginal and predictable, but McCain did not give any worthy response to defend his own stance and looked foolish in the process.

But in all fairness, most highschoolers just believe whatever their parents or Vampire Forums friends believe, so McCain probably walked out a little less foolish-looking than if he were talking to an older, wiser crowd.

He should have finished by saying that's how he'll talk to other countries that behave like teenagers, in his view.

Oh gosh that's funny.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He didn't even try to justify the gay marriage position with the bible. Granted it would have gone worse for him, but still that's most likely the reason he believes it. I say these kids should be allowed to be moderators at the debates both Republican and Democratic, and be allowed to ask the candidates questions like this. It would sure make for some interesting television. That's how we should decide who is fit to be President, the person who can best answer the kids questions is allowed to run for President. McCain Would have already been disqualified. If none of the candidates is deemed to have been satisfactory enough, then other people would be allowed to run, until someone is found.

Top Bottom