Submachinegunners

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
I've made five new units, although they're all the same animations at heart. They are the Chinese Submachinegunner, Indian Submachinegunner, Mexican Submachinegunner, Steppe Submachinegunner and Swedish Submachinegunner.

Odd collection. However, they're what I needed.
Chinese:
I find that this is a rare occasion when a unit looks better with the palette applied, so what you'll get will be a bit better (IMHO) than the preview.
Thanks to all the regulars, and especially this time, Ares_de_Borg, as I used his sound in my attack.

Attachments

• Submachinegunners.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 312
Oh, how nice. :thumbsup:

btw first

These are very nice and very welcomed. We don't seem to have enough submachinegun units and I could use some more of this type for my work.

Good job! :goodjob:

Very happy to add these to several different scenarios. I could not be happier at the moment.

And a versatile selection to boot!

georgestow >

By 'palette applied', do you mean: after the colors reduction, when you're creating the flc ? You shouldn't have that much difference between your original PCX and the 256-colors FLC. How are you creating the palette ?

By hand from the PCX (Utahjazz's tutorial method) or 'by hand from a screenshot taken from an already reduced palette of the PCX' (I don't know who first proposed this method - Steph ?). The latter gives better results and is also a lot faster.

georgestow >

By 'palette applied', do you mean: after the colors reduction, when you're creating the flc ? You shouldn't have that much difference between your original PCX and the 256-colors FLC. How are you creating the palette ?

By hand from the PCX (Utahjazz's tutorial method) or 'by hand from a screenshot taken from an already reduced palette of the PCX' (I don't know who first proposed this method - Steph ?). The latter gives better results and is also a lot faster.
Supa... Applying the Palette Colors from a .bmp saved Screen Shot of the Reduced Colors was from me and yes it is faster and more accurate :)

georgestow >

I'm creating the preview straight from Poser (so, no fixed palette), whereas the actual units have a palette. And I think the actual units look better than the preview.
And I use the screenshot of a colourmap option (I did Utahjazz's way in the tutorial and straight away thought there had to be a better way).

If you use Animation Shop, you can easily apply the Finished Palette to the .gif when making it.

Generally, because we are making the Finished Unit Flcs anyway, it is just as simple to first finish the Flcs then make the .gif previews from the storyboards that have the Finished Unit Palette.

Top Bottom