New Unit: Female Samurai (27 Feb 06)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, after much delay, I've finished the Female Samurai unit that Blumofia won in the unit lottery... Who knows, she may end up in the FF mod somewhere....

Even though this is largely a theoretical unit, there were some famous swordmistresses in Japanese history/legend, including Tomoye and Yagyu Akane (who was only surpassed in swordcraft by her even more famous brother, Yagyu Jubei), so she could also work potentially in historical scens as well....

Preview of the animations (default is a still frame, so it doesn't really figure in here): Fidget, Run, Fortify, Attack A, Attack B, Attack C and Victory.

Download the Female Samurai here

Love the motions on the attack animations! Great unit Hikaro...:thumbsup:

I'm not against this or anything. It's great but, why make a female samurai?

Also, great attavk movements. :D

Awsome!!! The final piece needed for the Playground mod! Good job! :thumbsup:

Geisha Girls Gone Wild that is a killer unit!

I am thinking it will go into X mod, as -1 hp, + stealth variant of the basic samurai. May be generated by a geisha small wonder of sorts... :p

Great unit. :goodjob:

She's definitely going in the "Seven Kingdoms" mod as the Emperor's bodyguard. :)

She'd also work great as a Sengoku defensive unit since women served as a last line of defense when castles fell under siege.

Here's an interesting article about women samurai in the "Journal of Asian Martial Arts": http://www.koryu.com/Library/wwj1.html

Ogedei_the_Mad said:
Great unit. :goodjob:

She's definitely going in the "Seven Kingdoms" mod as the Emperor's bodyguard. :)

She'd also work great as a Sengoku defensive unit since women served as a last line of defense when castles fell under siege.

Here's an interesting article about women samurai in the "Journal of Asian Martial Arts": http://www.koryu.com/Library/wwj1.html

Yeah, I already read that article... I'm also going to do a Naginata-armed woman for Shiro eventually as well....

Glad you guys like her :D

Talking about thinking outside the box for a change and setting the bar just about high enough for aaglo to get out of his slump.:mischief:

The heck are you talking about, CartesianFart?

And No way can you be from Ravenna. No Way. Thast way to close to where I live.

Wow, that attack flows wonderfully, excellent work there.

Katanas are so cool...

Dark Sheer, I already made a Kunoichi (female Ninja) disguised as a Geisha who serves poisoned tea to enemies.....

Top Bottom